Pantene Repair and Protect conditioner

Pantene Repair and Protect conditioner
Repair and Protect conditioner

2.6

Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Bis Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 12/20/2017 4:28:00 PM

WTF is in this?? I had to rewash my hair twice after using it as it left a weird coat of oil throughout my hair that wouldn't wash out. I thought my hair was just taking longer than usual to dry until I ran my fingers through it and felt it was really dry and sticky. I thought I must not have rinsed it out properly so went back into the shower to give another 5 minute rinse but it made no difference, I was thinking there must be something wrong with the water in my shower. Scrubbed my hair with a different brand shampoo and conditioner which finally got the grease out of my hair. I'll never buy Pantene conditioner/shampoo again.

After my first use I felt so much build up on my hair. Horribly awful for my hair. It just feels sticky.

It does, however, keep my hair put.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

it helps detangling.that`s it.i used up the whole bottle and couldn`t see any repair or protect effect on my hair.smells typical pantene scent which is nice and lingering on hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Weird stuff; it somehow manages to make my hair drier, even with very minimal rinsing.

on 6/18/2015 7:28:00 PM

This is ok. And that's the best I can say about it. For something that makes the ridiculous claim to "reverse 6 months of damage" (no, I didn't believe that) it's pretty dang ordinary. It's really not very conditioning at all. It detangles ok, easy to comb through. But it leaves a waxy film after a couple of days of use, and my hair is getting quite limp. Not a fan.

on 1/10/2015 10:14:00 PM

So surprised I liked this :-) About a year ago Zooey Deschenel was hawking this on tv, and how could anyone not love her glistening, healthy looking brunette hair? Well I had a 2 dollar off coupon and bought it at the beginning of summer 2014. I had just gotten some strong blonde highlights in some color treated light brown hair. I didnt want them to turn green or white in the Florida sun, chlorine or what have you. This stuff was thick, but with more slip than daily moisture renewal (another review). It smelled like Pantene, like an almost expensive perfume, floral and fresh and very long lasting in my below shoulder length hair. But the best part was it worked. It provided an excellent barrier to the elements, both when I rinsed it out and left it in at the pool. It protected my highlights including some red that barely faded, which is amazing. MY FAVORITE PART is my 8 yr old daughters hair is a nightmare, very coarse, blonde blonde and wavy. I am talking tears if she doesnt detangle it after washing or swimming_ total rats nest. Well my kid likes washing and conditioning her hair. Its a miracle lol. She might use a handful, but the rectangular ish bottle with a pump is the best_sturdy, stays seated on this ledge in my shower and almost empties to about 1/2 inch of product. So surprised Pantene_ I am not loyal to any one brand (love new things too much) but I swear its as good as Joicos the reconstructor with much better slip and fragrance for 1/10th of the price! Will repurchase after I bought Pantenes Daily Moisture Renewal for our mild winters down here in Tampa. Is been two weeks and I already miss the Repair and Protect formula

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I thought this would be one of the better conditioners from Pantene in a while, however, I still do not think it is very good.
I hate that products are allowed to advertise such things like "reverse 6 months of damage" etc.
Of course I did not purchase this thinking that this conditioner would wow me in that department but I was hoping it would be very nourishing, conidtioning, detangling, just make my hair just look healthier.
It had a nice consistency but I prefer a thicker conditioner that I can really feel saturate every strand and do its job.
It felt just slightly ok when rinsing and fairly conditioned.
It did not detangle that well, made my wet hair feel stringy, and did not make my hair look any healthier.
To me this is what a "basic conditioner" should be, and for something claiming to reverse damage and do some repairing then I expect my hair better have some smoothing to it, shine, add some luster, and of course detangle. This to me failed. I did not notice any more benefits to my hair compared to using a much cheaper store brand.
I think the claims need to be turned down a few notches. Pantene has had better and thicker conditoners in the past.
As for me I would not repurchase.
Also I hated the strong floral perfumey scent to me it was horrendous.

update: as I continue to use this (trying to finish up the bottle) my hair seems more damaged and dry. It breaks off very easily and when showering I am getting lots of fall out

EEWWW I know what scent this reminds me of... sorta like Pink amoxicillin

on 8/9/2014 9:49:00 AM

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE

Made my hair go CLAMMY and greasy and just vile. Waxy Texture.

Would never use it again, I had to strip and cleanse my hair to get it back to normal. I do have good hair; shiny and sleek, but this made it horrible.

Very disappointing Pantene.

I think it's an overall great conditioner. I usually buy tresemee naturals which I'm totaly in love with but I was in need for a conditioner and this was the best one in the store. It takes away the frizz in my hair which is a problem because I have so much of it. It makes it silky and protects my hair from most damage. It's quite cheap so that's good but I think that for me it's just a good "in case" conditioner when I can't find tresemee naturals!
I just need to point out a thing that wellthatsme mentioned, it doesn't repair the hair but that was expected since there is no products that can ever do that. The only way to get rid of split ends is to cut it. And some might think that I'm lying but repairing products just become like a shell on the hair and it looks and feels repaired but when you stop using your products you will see that they are still there!

on 2/1/2014 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I am very happy right now with product. I believe that just maybe this product if for African Americans. I read your posts and you said it was greasy and heavy, well that is what I needed bad! My hair is so dry and brittle. I have totally natural hair, very thick, and coarse. I used this product tonight, let it dry I decided to use the bumping iron because my hair felt so good, it was so straight from the root! My hair is down my back! I can actually feel my scalp right now, I am so happy right now, so happy!!!