Rimmel Moisture Renew - Red Alert

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/19/2017 4:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Red lipstick is a lifelong love for me, the epitome of classic elegance. A swipe of a perfect red, and my skin looks instantly more luminous and I feel glamorous! No wonder red is always the most popular lipstick shade in France, decade after decade. Although some women may be apprehensive about wearing red lipstick, I think they should all try it, at least now and then.

Rimmel lipstick in "Red Alert" is a beautiful and stunning color, vibrant and intense. I feel that it has cool undertones, because my teeth look whiter with this shade than with more orange-y reds.

This lipstick does have an old-school lipstick scent, kind of powdery and feminine. It brings to mind what lipsticks of Hollywood starlets must have smelled like, in the 1940's. I find it elegant, but I can see why some ladies may find it less pleasing.

On the lips, this Rimmel product feels comfortable and moisturizing. Wear-time is about average for a creamy lipstick, so I expect to require reapplication after eating or drinking. I don't mind, because I enjoy the ritual of lipstick application!

I plan to repurchase this shade, even though I'm in no danger of running out. I like to have one in my handbag at all times, and one in my cosmetic bag. At this price point, I can definitely afford to stockpile ;-)

on 8/7/2013 8:33:00 AM

I really like Rimmel's lipsticks. They go on well, look and smell great. A lot of great colors! These lipsticks are a great product for a great price. They also last a long time.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product was suggested to me as a dupe for Wet N Wild 519A, my HG red. This lipstick is not as blue based, or cool friendly. I felt like it had some warmth to it, and would suit a neutral or warm toned person better. In general, just did not work for me.

My profile, for FYI:
NW10/15, cool toned, blue eyes, normal/oily skin, 3a fine but coarse curly hair but I wear straight thanks to keratin treatments!

on 6/29/2011 2:02:00 PM

I received this in a swap from a saint-like swapper who included it as an extra....she changed my life. Hands down, the BEST red lippie I've ever worn, my absolute go-to HG of reds. Wears smooth, light, and shiny. A flattering neutral red that feels more cheerful than vampy. I am running out now to buy several more to stockpile in my fridge for the future.

on 5/3/2013 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

this is a very nice lipstick! the packaging is so cute, i love purple and i love the little crown at the top. i don't have any issues with the packaging. this is not expensive, very affordable for a pigmented lipstick. this lipstick is moisturizing with a SPF of 18. it feels good and these lipsticks are good for the spring and summer time having SPF but still giving you color. these are very pigmented and i'm looking into buying more.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not my favorite red lipstick, but it's one of the best drugstore red lipsticks I have found. The color is really bright and has a slight pink tint to it. It does moisturize fairly well and glides on easily. My only problem with this product is that the color doesn't stay on for long.

on 10/12/2010 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my HG red lipstick! The formula is great because it gives you a moisturizing and opaque finish. It is not matte at all which I like because those usually look really dry on my chappy lips. The price is amazing and for a drugstore product nothing can go wrong! I apply this with a cheap-o 99 cents lip liner and it never looked so gorgeous. It lasts a long time. I love to wear it bold red or just a sheer tint for an everyday look. I totally recommend this product and I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best red lipstick I've ever tried. Bold classic red, doesn't stray, stays on forever and certainly has moisturizing properties. I don't need a lipliner with this but must carry it with me for touch ups after eating/drinking. Normally, for me it seems, wearing red lipstick is such a hassle but this makes it a breeze! I've always been satisfied with rimmels moisture renew lippies. Repurchase? Hell yes.

on 12/3/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually LAUGHED when I wore this for the first time. It's a bright, neon, IN-YOUR-FACE red. I would say that it's a neutral red which is allllmost too cool for my warm skin to pull off (it looks a little fuscia on me if I apply too much). It wasn't quite the solid, creamy red I was looking for, but for what it's worth, this lipstick is super pigmented, goes on smoothly (with one swipe!) and is pretty light and moisturizing. Overall, a great steal for the money and amazingly vibrant. I can't wear this every day, so I'll save it for special occasions.

I bought this a while back, when I was looking for the perfict 50's red.I had bought alot of red lipsticks so it took me a while to get around to wearing this one. I put it on today and wow!!! Its great!! Im not a ig fan of rimmel lipsticks( the regular kind) due to the smell and how they feel on my lips, but this is very differnt. It feels very creamy but has not moved at all. Its a bold red and thats what I wanted. I would buy this agian and agian. Also I will be trying other moistue renew lipsticks from rimmel becvause i really like the way it feels.