Shiseido The Skincare Day Moisture Protection SPF 15 Enriched

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Shiseido  The Skincare Day Moisture Protection SPF 15 Enriched

on 1/23/2013 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Excellent winter moisturizer with sunscreen (SPF 18 on the label). It is moisturising, absorbs fast, leaves a smooth finish thats neither matte nor dewy, and no white cast even on my skintone. It did not break me out, but it does clog my pores if I slather on too much and I am very clog prone.
I usually avoid chemical SS because they make my skin look oily and dull over the day but this did not do that. If anything, my skin looks better. I prefer DS products for skincare, but this one is worth it.

Edit 1: I checked my face on my car mirror (potentially the most unflattering mirror) and noticed a lot of tiny clogged pores on cheeks and forehead that were not visible indoors. I loved the smell and feel of this product but I stopped using it.

on 6/16/2012 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is a great daytime moisturizer. Used daily over Shiseido's Hydro Nourishing Softener, it has calmed down my stubborn redness and leaves my face feeling clean and hydrated. It has a mild floral scent that does not irritate my sensitive skin. It takes me one full year to go through a jar, so at $41 a bottle it only costs $3.41 + tax a month. My skin is worth the little splurge. I also believe the SPF is effective as my face has never burned or tanned wearing this. I would not wear only this as a makeup primer however, primer is an important but separate step to guarantee the effectiveness of this product and to preserve the integrity of your makeup through the day. My only dislike about this product is the jar packaging, which is why when I repurchased I got the non-enriched version (same size, same price) which comes in a pump container.

on 3/23/2008 9:08:00 AM

I found that this was a bit too rich and never really absorbed fully into my skin, especially on my cheeks. Better to do the serum + light moisturizer method, unless you have really really dry skin.