Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Primrose

4.1

I absolutely adore this lipstick! I am so happy to have found a lavendery pink that doesn't look completely ridiculous on me.

I had heard about this lipstick a couple of times but the initial day I went to buy it the shop had run out, so I picked up a different cool toned pink lipstick - the rimmel shade 101 by Kate Moss. Even though it is also a cooler toned pink the rimmel one reminds me more of a barbie pink. Unfortunately, my lips had a bad reaction to that product. Luckily, when I went to return that product Primrose was back in stock! :D Yay!

Primrose is a cool toned pink that has kind of lavender/lilac undertones. It is a nice soft pastely colour that I think works well with my ghostly pale skin haha. My lips are actually rather pigmented, but I've been wanting a pretty light pink for spring - enter Primrose. This is a nice opaque colour, it completely cancels out my natural skin colour if I use a few coats. Be warned though, while I am giving this five stars this lippie *will* accentuate dry patches!

I love the packaging for this. It's nice and sleek and it doesn't feel super cheap. Sure, it's not as high end as some other lippies but when compared to my Essence long lasting lipstick, which is just plastic, you can definitely feel the difference. I also like how this lipstick has it's name on the bottom and it doesn't get torn away with the packaging - also! I love that these are fully sealed at the drug store! I've noticed that there are quite a few lippies that can be opened even if they aren't testers which always concerns me.

Aside from this colour sticking to dry patches, I love the formula. It is nice and creamy, as the name suggests. I always wear a balm under my coloured lip products though and I've heard some other people complain that this is drying. This product doesn't have any detectable smell or taste which I'm thrilled about! I'll always prefer a scentless/tasteless lippie to one that doesn't quite hit the mark.

Given that this is a creamy lipstick *and* it's light coloured, it doesn't last for very long. I get an hour or two out of it if I don't eat or drink and while I wish it lasted longer, I don't mind reapplying it. It might last longer if I used a lip liner but it's such a light colour that I don't feel the need to use one.

Lastly, I find this colour to be really great for mixing. On my lips I find it really brings out the lavendery undertones - which I don't mind, I think it's a really pretty spring colour. However, if I want a more pinkier colour it is super easy to just dab on another lippie and I get a pretty colour! I'll dab on some of my Blushing Mauve Revlon Lippie and be good to go.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I heart Revlon lippies so much. They're so rich and creamy, yet last longer than you might expect. I especially love Primrose, which some consider to be a dupe for M.A.C. Angel lipstick.

Although I do think it's similar, I believe that Primrose isn't exactly a dupe but is so beautiful that it deserves to be recognized on its own, rather than being cast into the shadow of a cult classic like Angel (which is another gorgeous color worthy of a shrine).

This is great on its own, but lately I've been pairing it with a peachy lipliner. I apply the lipliner underneath it (you could use matte lipstick too), just to give it a base so that it blends into the peach color properly.

I pair this with the ULTIMATE in peach/pink combo perfection, also known as Lancôme La Rose Deco, Duo De Roses. This is hands down the prettiest combination of pink and peach that I've ever seen. Just my opinion though.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a fan of this Revlon lipstick line, the cremes I've tried are all very nice quality, zero taste and smell lipsticks. In my opinion light pinks are pretty dangerous to wear, as they can make you look washed out very easily, but this one turned out to be one of the few I can pull off.
It is a very cool toned pink, so if you are cool/neutral tone, like me, and are looking for light pink lip color, you'll probably like it.
It has a nice satin finish, not frosty, pretty opaque. Overall great quality product in good packaging, and the price is great, considering how often it is on sale, and the amount of product you get 0.15 oz/4.2g. Very comparable to MAC lipsticks in terms of texture and quality.
I'd definitely recommend this lipstick, if you don't like this shade, they have plenty others to choose from.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have been using HE lipsticks, only to find not a good color.

LM a color that just was not great for me, so I keep then toss after a while $25 down the drain

Then NARS Velvet Matt Lip Color $26 each, bought 2 in June, sharpened few times all gone by end of July

SO - Looking for DrugStore Quality lip color to match and brighten my lips a tad

I have fair skin pink undertones NW20 or so

PRIMROSE REVLON is perfect when I do not use bronzer or warm up my skin - it is the perfect color match to my lips just a tad brighter - blot and it looks like my natural skin color

LIPS & CHEEKS easy on the go, perfect and CHEAP compared to what I have been paying

AIRY FAIR RIMMEL - for days when I warm up my skin with bronzer

Rimmel East End Snob - for when I want a liner

Nude skin tone eye liner, as a lip liner to tone down a color, lighten up the inside of my lips, to use as a concealer on red spots, or use to brighten under eyes / rims

Powder blush to add over lips when you want a real matt look and want to match your blush to your lips

AH - MAZZ - ING

I saved a TON of money and my make up looks better and more natural

I LOVE this color

If you have fair skin with pink undertones, you will find this the perfect pinkish nude MLBB color

If you have warmer undertones or dark skin, probably won't work for you unless you mix with some of your other colors (mix and match)

Forget HE

I am finding the best stuff is at the drugstore

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

I heard that this is indeed a dupe for MAC's snob, but i think of this differently!!! I LOVE THIS SHADE!! iT GOES PERFECTLY with my berry red lip liner (i NEVER EVER wear lipstick w/o a liner) ... anyways i had this for over a week now and i highly reccomend this shade to all NC45-50 ladies out there! You might look at it as if its a pale blue lilac pink, but it has the same hue as Snob once you apply it!! Loved it so much i bought a backup @ Walmart! ($4.97!!!) Will buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've heard this is a dupe for Mac's Snob (which I have) and Mac's Angel (which I have). I would say between Angel and Snob, this is closer to Snob being a dupe. However, as the saying goes, close, but no cigar!! To me, I actually like Primrose better than both Angel and Snob, which surprises me, bc when I first got Primrose, I really did not like it much at all and thought those saying it was a 'dupe' were crazy. However, not only do I now like it even better than Snob and Angel, to me it actually wears better. I also find Snob to be a little drying for me, and I often have to pair Snob with the Snob lipglass. But, alas, this is not a review for Mac, so back on track with Primrose!! This wears decently on me, lasts a good 4 to 5 hours on me (which for d/s for me, is great!!) before wearing off, and even then I am still left with somewhat of a faint stain, flattering, not clown-like, like some lipstick shades along this tone can be on me (I am NC15 - NC20). Also does not get gummy or gunky, which is a huge bonus!! Not a fan of wiping lipstick goo off my lips after a few hours!! My only complaint is this can be hard to find a blush to pair this with. I tend to pair it with Mac's Dame, which, coincidentally, I also pair with Mac's Snob..teehee..:) I also find this limits me in eyeshadow choices, which, is not a big deal, but when you like to mix and match, it can be a bit of a bummer.

Just, although I do not find this very versatile, it is still really very pretty and behaves and wears very nicely, so I see no reason to drop the rating down due to lack of versatility with this. If you prefer warm tones or have yellow undertones, this probably won't work for you. But if you have cool undertones or you prefer cooler shades, this might be worth checking out!!! As I said, I was not a fan of this when I first got it, but it is now one of my fave shades!!! I plan on getting a back-up, and why not, at this price, it is very affordable!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I took a chance on this pretty light pink and bought it as a blind buy as I was online shopping recently. I am so happy and I love it! The formula feels really nice and so creamy too and lasts a few hours without eating or touching my lips to my water bottle. It doesn't feel too drying on my lips. I do prefer to apply a lip balm before I apply this product.

Sometimes I like to layer Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter Pink Truffle over it and it looks so pretty! Try it!

Makeup I wore with my primrose lip today:
Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-In-1 Foundation - Classic Ivory
Rimmel London Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer - Fair
Blush - Maybelline - Master Hi-light by Face Studio Blush - Nude
Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Barely Branded
Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze
Eye Shadow - Covergirl Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Eye Shadow - Country Woods
Eye liner - tight lined with Revlon ColorStay - Black Brown
Eye liner - Lined bottom lashes with the darkest color from Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quads in Chai Latte
Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara - Black
Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara - Carbon Black
Eyebrows - Maybelline Ultra-Brow Powder - Dark Brown

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Sadly, this was not my color.. Not sure why I thought it would be. I was looking for light pink shade and bought this. But I have yellow skin and dark eyes, looks dead-ifying on me. The light pinkness looked a little frosty and was just TOO light for my complection. Tried it with several blushes and still wasn't the result I wanted.

This is a semi-sheer, blue-based, light pink that would (in my opinion) better suit those with cool toned skin. It was too blue based for my NC20, VERY yellow skin.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Not my color. Too light, cool, and pastel for my warm-neutral complexion. Great formula but I definitely need a different shade.