NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Black/Grey

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Black/Grey

4.6

Talc, *Mica, Magnesium Stearate, *Titanium Dioxide, Polyisobutene, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, *Mineral Oil, *Silica Powder, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, CI77492, Iron Oxides

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I cannot use any other type of eyebrow products... I can only use powder! I like the wax and I also like the two color idea. :)

on 1/12/2016 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm surprised by how much I like this! As others have said, it can be challenging to find a dark brow product that isn't too warm-toned. The Anastasia Granite shade works pretty well, but I go through the Brow Wiz a little too quickly for the expense, and life circumstances are forcing me to cut back. I decided to give NYX a try but didn't expect much. I'm glad to say I was wrong! I haven't used the wax or the little tools, but the powders are great. I'd rather have sturdier packaging and lose the extras, but I'm not complaining. I still use the Anastasia pencil to draw in a couple places where no hair grows (and powder doesn't quite work there), but now I can use it more economically. If you're on a budget, in need of a cool-toned yet dark brow enhancer and can accept the somewhat unattractive packaging, I enthusiastically recommend this product.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product is perfect for Asian ladies who are tired of finding that their brows look too brown, too red-toned, etc. The black and grey powders may seem intimidating and unnatural in the pan, but used with a light to medium hand, they deliver a natural yet polished effect.

I like using the spoolie to brush through my eyebrow hairs after applying the powder, and I sometimes use the wax, but I prefer using a clear eyebrow gel to set the powder over top. The brush is pretty much useless though, but that wasn't a really big draw for me because a lot of drugstore products come with flimsy applicators.

This product's lasting time is pretty average, around 8-10 hours before it really starts to fade. But if you're in the market for an affordable eyebrow powder that will give you a natural effect, I advise you to try this out!

EDIT: I found a use for the wax! If you use it before the powder, it ups the staying time of the powder and prevents that powdery look. Yay!

As someone with gray/black eyebrows, I find it really difficult to find a good drugstore eyebrow product, as most of them are some form of brown (sigh). I also prefer powders, as pencils make my eyebrows too intense. I don't really have any other product to compare this too, but I really like it! You can definitely build it up for a stronger brow, if you would like I like to tap my brush in the powder once or twice for a more natural look.
The longevity isn't too good, but I find that using a clear eyebrow gel helps to make it last longer. I usually use the gray shadow for the front part of my brow, then a mix of the two colors for the back part of my brow. I tried using the wax, but it didn't work out too well. The spoolie is really convenient for combing my brows out, but I find the other brush less helpful however, if I don't have any other brush then it still works!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have very dark brown (most people would just say black) Asian hair and the colors are spot-on. I prefer the darker soft black color over the grey but I do use the grey occasionally. I think this is a great starter kit for anyone who's interested in doing their brows since it comes with two different brow powders, a clear wax, and a mini spoolie and brow brush. The clear wax does run out rather fast but that's the only con I can think of.

I would personally not purchase again because I would rather a single color since I do rely mainly on one.

on 10/19/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great color for dark haired ladies with yellow toned skin. Those who are looking for something taupe/gray with no red undertones, look no further!!! The lighter gray in the palette is very nice and not too dark. Packaging is a bit flimsy, but I just taped it. I already been through 2 packages, it is so easy to use.

MY HOLY GRAIL EYEBROW PRODUCT. I've tried almost every single brand of eyebrow powders that exists (high end to low end) and this is my absolute favorite. I love the packaging because it's small and travel friendly and comes with a mini thick angled brush along with a spooly. I'm asian and I have black eyebrows and using brown as a color for my eyebrows doesn't work at all. That's why I stick to grey. But anyways this product goes on nice on your eyebrows with the brush that comes with it and the spooly is great too! I also use an ELF small angled eye brush for my brows as well. By the way, I advise you to not use the gel that helps set your eyebrows because it's sticky and is useless. Stick with a clear brow gel from great lash or anastasia. This is a great product, the price ($5) is great too! I will repurchase until the day I die.

on 4/27/2014 7:15:00 AM

i love this product ! im asian with black hair with natural dark eyebrows. this suits me so much and i dont think i can find an alternative to this product !

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this based on a google search "best eyebrow powder". I had never heard of NYX and was pleased that it is a cheap drugstore brand!

The spooly that comes with is very handy, and the packaging although flimsy is good for on the go ! This product fills my brows and still manages to look natural! Also stays put all day!

BIG FAN!

Tip - Use NYX pencil to line the bottom of your brow for a more defined look (lots of youtube tutorials suggest this) makes a big difference!

on 3/9/2014 3:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this kit. I actually never leave home without it [as lame as this sounds]. I have used the wax maybe three times, as it's not the best--a bit like petroleum jelly consistency. The cake powder formulation is great on its own, though I sometimes use them in combination with the coordinating retractable NYX brow pencils when I feel the need for some extra depth or length. Naturally, my hair grows more cool/ash-toned dark brown, and I initially found grey blended perfectly with my brows. Many brunette products tend to be too light or red-toned. Now with dyeing my hair black, I find either black or a combination of the shades looks completely natural. Anyway! I haven't tried any of the lighter tones, but I definitely recommend this kit to any dark-haired beauties looking for a cool-toned brow kit.

Popular Brows Products