NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Black/Grey

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Black/Grey
Eyebrow Cake Powder - Black/Grey

4.5

Talc, *Mica, Magnesium Stearate, *Titanium Dioxide, Polyisobutene, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, *Mineral Oil, *Silica Powder, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, CI77492, Iron Oxides

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Now I love this product, the colours are not intense at all (unless you apply a ton of the black afer putting on the wax), and they make my brows look natural. The only reason i won't repurchase is because I'm lazy with makeup and using powder on my brows takes time, but I hate to throw away makeup that is useful so I'll finish the product.

The wax that comes with the product is a thick one which holds the brows in place really well, if you already have full brows you can stop here and go about your business.

Now what I dislike is the little angled brush that came with it (when i say little, i mean really little, it's like a toy). The brush isn't really strudy and a few bristles already started to come out so i threw it away and use my Ecotools dual ended eyebrow brush un their sculpting set (I don't know if they still have this). The tiny spoolie brush however is sturdy and does wonders so I kept it

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Incredible for neutral olive folks out here with black hair. No red undertones here, use the lighter one for the inner part of the brow and the darker for the outer. I use a bit of the wax on my ends to make a sharper taper, but really you can go full Instagram or total undetectable with these powders. I use this daily, and it's lasted me a year so far and I've yet to hit pan! People really can't tell I use product on my brows when using this, but it significantly defines/darkens them. Packaging is a little dinky, and the brush/spool are useless, but it's a good product especially for the price.

Edit: Idk, upon reflection, I ended up getting frustrated with how powdery my brows would look. I think it's good for what it is, but there's better stuff out there.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first eyebrow powder as I have been using eyebrow pencils only before. This set has a wax, 2 shades ( black and grey), a spooly and also a brush. I personally feel that the brush has a hard texture and it is not easy to use it. Try using a different brush and it would be perfect. Otherwise, this is an amazing product as it has great colour payoff and lasts around 6-7 hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm more of brow-pencil girl (it's easy-breezy, duh!), but I find myself reaching out for this brow kit more frequently nowadays. I have jet-black hair and really sharply demarcated brows. I don't always make time to trim them, so I find the wax pretty helpful to bring order to my stray hairs. It also improves the look of the powder - once it's on after the wax, the look gets more natural.
The price is quite affordable, and the quality is almost comparable to brow powders from higher-end brands. The only thing I don't find practical is the brushes provided - it's very small. I prefer using my dual-ended BH Cosmetics brush (I think it's from their travel sets) while applying.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I cannot use any other type of eyebrow products... I can only use powder! I like the wax and I also like the two color idea. :)

on 1/12/2016 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm surprised by how much I like this! As others have said, it can be challenging to find a dark brow product that isn't too warm-toned. The Anastasia Granite shade works pretty well, but I go through the Brow Wiz a little too quickly for the expense, and life circumstances are forcing me to cut back. I decided to give NYX a try but didn't expect much. I'm glad to say I was wrong! I haven't used the wax or the little tools, but the powders are great. I'd rather have sturdier packaging and lose the extras, but I'm not complaining. I still use the Anastasia pencil to draw in a couple places where no hair grows (and powder doesn't quite work there), but now I can use it more economically. If you're on a budget, in need of a cool-toned yet dark brow enhancer and can accept the somewhat unattractive packaging, I enthusiastically recommend this product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product is perfect for Asian ladies who are tired of finding that their brows look too brown, too red-toned, etc. The black and grey powders may seem intimidating and unnatural in the pan, but used with a light to medium hand, they deliver a natural yet polished effect.

I like using the spoolie to brush through my eyebrow hairs after applying the powder, and I sometimes use the wax, but I prefer using a clear eyebrow gel to set the powder over top. The brush is pretty much useless though, but that wasn't a really big draw for me because a lot of drugstore products come with flimsy applicators.

This product's lasting time is pretty average, around 8-10 hours before it really starts to fade. But if you're in the market for an affordable eyebrow powder that will give you a natural effect, I advise you to try this out!

EDIT: I found a use for the wax! If you use it before the powder, it ups the staying time of the powder and prevents that powdery look. Yay!

As someone with gray/black eyebrows, I find it really difficult to find a good drugstore eyebrow product, as most of them are some form of brown (sigh). I also prefer powders, as pencils make my eyebrows too intense. I don't really have any other product to compare this too, but I really like it! You can definitely build it up for a stronger brow, if you would like I like to tap my brush in the powder once or twice for a more natural look.
The longevity isn't too good, but I find that using a clear eyebrow gel helps to make it last longer. I usually use the gray shadow for the front part of my brow, then a mix of the two colors for the back part of my brow. I tried using the wax, but it didn't work out too well. The spoolie is really convenient for combing my brows out, but I find the other brush less helpful however, if I don't have any other brush then it still works!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have very dark brown (most people would just say black) Asian hair and the colors are spot-on. I prefer the darker soft black color over the grey but I do use the grey occasionally. I think this is a great starter kit for anyone who's interested in doing their brows since it comes with two different brow powders, a clear wax, and a mini spoolie and brow brush. The clear wax does run out rather fast but that's the only con I can think of.

I would personally not purchase again because I would rather a single color since I do rely mainly on one.

on 10/19/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great color for dark haired ladies with yellow toned skin. Those who are looking for something taupe/gray with no red undertones, look no further!!! The lighter gray in the palette is very nice and not too dark. Packaging is a bit flimsy, but I just taped it. I already been through 2 packages, it is so easy to use.

Popular Brows Products