4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

HG! HG! HG! I have tried every other brow product and this just applies beautifully provided you don't have a strong hand when applying. it looks natural - i use the grey shade. For something as inexpensive than this, you definitely get more than you paid for. Lovely product. Will never buy any other brow product ever again. However, I don't like how it breaks kind of easily. The lid on mine has come off because some of the plastic has chipped off where the screws are so it has nothing to hold on to.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

9 years ago

What i love about this Eyebrow powder is that it stays on my brows all day and i didnt have to set it with the wax. It looks natural, just use a light hand and do feathery strokes.

About reviewer (201 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I bought my color too dark because I wanted strong/bold brows but this is a GREAT product. I have a heavy hand, so filling in with pencil just does not work for me. The power is great and then use a spooly to comb brows. I need to pick up the dark brown shade. I do not use the wax because it clogs pores and I am very acne prone.I set my brows with a brow gel or aloe vera gel.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

3.0
from

9 years ago

Bought this product mostly for the wax, as I don't really use powders or colors on my brows, just need 'em tamed, really. The powders in this set, like others mention, are good, not too dark at all. In fact, I like to use them as regular eye shadows. The wax, on the other hand, I have serious issues with. I suppose I'm so happy with the wax provided in the Wet'n'Wild brow kit, that this in comparison just doesn't do it for me. Whereas the WnW brow kit wax is light, doesn't go on too shiny or heavy, and still does great at holding my brows where I put them, the wax in this NYX kit is FAR too heavy and waxy. I barely run my brush in it and it's already picked up globs of it. Then, when I apply it to my brows, it's so heavy that rather than keeping brows where I put them, the hairs just migrate to stick to other hairs covered in the wax. Plus, the end result is super shiny, and I never intended to go out looking like I just put oil all over my brows. Bottom line: The powders are nice, especially as eye shadows, but the wax is far too shiny, gooey, and heavy.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

9 years ago

Love, love, love this set! I agree with the poster below me that the colors here (charcoal and dull black) are not too intense so you can apply them and not look puzzled or angry even when you are smiling or something (you know what I mean) :). Anyway, I had heard powder was more realistic for pro-eyebrows and hesitated to get some- no I don't know why. Get this kit and start becoming one of those girls with the glamorous well shaped brows. The wax makes em shiny and is soft so go easy with it. This is now an HG in my kit.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Dark

EyesBlack

9 years ago

wow, what a great bang for your buck! Lasts ALL day, and makes my brows look so natural and lovely! Totally recommend!!!

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

I do like this cake powder a lot. I have been using it for a while now a little goes a long way. The gray is not too dark and neither is the black. It blends really well with your brows and not to harsh like a pencil would be, It sculpts the brows rather well. My only complaints are that it seem like the wax runs out quicker. I think it should be a bit more of the wax in the set. I also do not like the container, the top of mine broke off rather quickly and as a result the top falls off on its own often.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Dark

9 years ago

I love this I bought it during their dollar sale....so glad I did. I have naturally dark brown hair and black eyebrows. The black is not too harsh and is a perfect match. I do not need to reapply during the day because it lasts. The only complaint I have is the packaging...the cover on mine is broken but I could have dropped it.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I have BLACK hair and do you know how hard it is to find eyebrow powder to match? It is difficult. Long story short, I love this. I only use the black side. I suppose the grey might be for older ladies with salt and pepper hair. The wax is ok if you are into that kind of thing, but I don't use it. I also don't like the brush they give you for applying the powder (the angled brush). It is too wide. I prefer my own. I do, however, like the spiral brushy brush. It combs my brows nicely. Over all, this is epic win for me. I will totally be rebuying! If you want black eyebrows, not some shade of brown, they get this!

About reviewer (477 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

9 years ago

Bought this on sale at Ulta for 40% off which made it only about $2 and something cents. Couldn't resist giving it a try because it was so cheap and you rarely find a black/grey eyebrow powder. I normally just use Maybelline's Define a Brow in Soft Black but have been wanting to try a powder for a long time. You can't use regular black eyeshadow imo since I think it'll be way too harsh looking for the brows. Anyways, this is a really good, basic eyebrow powder that looks natural. Using a light hand, it creates a nice soft black color. I don't fill in my entire brows, only do very light strokes in the spare areas and then brush it out. Doing the entire brows can look like too much. The wax is nothing special.

About reviewer (233 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm