4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

MY HOLY GRAIL EYEBROW PRODUCT. I've tried almost every single brand of eyebrow powders that exists (high end to low end) and this is my absolute favorite. I love the packaging because it's small and travel friendly and comes with a mini thick angled brush along with a spooly. I'm asian and I have black eyebrows and using brown as a color for my eyebrows doesn't work at all. That's why I stick to grey. But anyways this product goes on nice on your eyebrows with the brush that comes with it and the spooly is great too! I also use an ELF small angled eye brush for my brows as well. By the way, I advise you to not use the gel that helps set your eyebrows because it's sticky and is useless. Stick with a clear brow gel from great lash or anastasia. This is a great product, the price ($5) is great too! I will repurchase until the day I die.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

6 years ago

i love this product ! im asian with black hair with natural dark eyebrows. this suits me so much and i dont think i can find an alternative to this product !

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

I bought this based on a google search "best eyebrow powder". I had never heard of NYX and was pleased that it is a cheap drugstore brand! The spooly that comes with is very handy, and the packaging although flimsy is good for on the go ! This product fills my brows and still manages to look natural! Also stays put all day! BIG FAN! Tip - Use NYX pencil to line the bottom of your brow for a more defined look (lots of youtube tutorials suggest this) makes a big difference! Update - Moved on the Wunderbrow - this isn't even a close second anymore !

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

from

6 years ago

I LOVE this kit. I actually never leave home without it [as lame as this sounds]. I have used the wax maybe three times, as it's not the best--a bit like petroleum jelly consistency. The cake powder formulation is great on its own, though I sometimes use them in combination with the coordinating retractable NYX brow pencils when I feel the need for some extra depth or length. Naturally, my hair grows more cool/ash-toned dark brown, and I initially found grey blended perfectly with my brows. Many brunette products tend to be too light or red-toned. Now with dyeing my hair black, I find either black or a combination of the shades looks completely natural. Anyway! I haven't tried any of the lighter tones, but I definitely recommend this kit to any dark-haired beauties looking for a cool-toned brow kit.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I'm Asian and have very jet black hair. It can be very difficult to find the best shade to make your brows perfect without making them look harsh. This is product is just amazing and fits and blends in perfectly with my brows :) Please never discontinue this product! I personally love the spooly and brush it comes with. It's very helpful whether at home or throwing it into your bag for on the go. I apply the wax on my brows first then go in with the gray shade and black for that extra bit of fierce ;) It's really up to you to decide whether you want to use the gray or black. I personally mix it both a bit and just play around with it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 years ago

Applies easily and looks natural on my black, sparse brows. I think the packaging is cute, just not durable (it broke some time ago but I'm still able to close it). I haven't used the wax since I don't find it necessary.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlack

6 years ago

i am asian very black hair black eyebrow. i like very black bold natural eyebrow for me its gorgeus. i love cara delevingne eyebrow. dislike brown brow with hint of red ughh its fake for asian.not match my face. is there any asian girls who was born with brown red brow..i think not. nyx eyebrow cake in black match for me perfectly but i still search another best black powder eyebrow. why almost brand d/c shade black in brow kit..is it just me in the world who like black eyebrow PLEASE DONT DISCONTINUE shade black /grey nyx

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 years ago

I have been searching for a great eyebrow powder that looks natural and this is it. I have black hair. black eyebrows and NC 45. My eyebrows are sparse and this look very natural. I use mostly the grey and then I dab a little bit on the black. This product is really cheap and I have no complaints about it. I don't use the brush or the gel that came with it but for the price, it is totally worth it.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Dark

3.0

7 years ago

I usually use Lioele's autoeyebrow pencil and Shiseido's eyebrow pencil interchangeably, but i was on the hunt for a grey eyebrow powder for awhile now (since brown dominates the eyebrow market) and I had heard about this from MUA. I was excited to see this in my local Rexall since the NYX selection is especially limited in Canada. I believe it was 8 or 9 dollars so it was a decent deal. I have to say I was disappointed in this product but I think in part, because I wanted to use this for a more subtle, natural look that can sometimes be hard to achieve with a pencil. The grey colour goes on much darker than it looks in the pan, making the black eyebrow colour useless for me. The gel is decent, as well as the mini spoolie. Overall, I don't think I'll be reaching for this product much and will stick with my Shiseido and Lioele products. I definitely won't be repurchasing.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

7 years ago

most affordable eyebrow powder for people with black hair that you can find in the states! i have black hair and...so do a lot of people, I don't know why it is so hard to find any eyebrow filler that is grey. its either some shade of brown or BLACK, but a black haired person doesnt want some dark brown brows or BLACK brows, they want a natural grey..right?? This brow cake is perfect! it is very UNpigmented. The black is more of a grey, and the grey is more of a light grey, which i find to be perfect because you dont want crazy dark brows anyway. B/c it is so light, its kind of difficult to mess up, even when you are rushed. so its light, perfect, and FOOLPROOF! the slanted brush is useless to me, but the spoolie is useful and cute. can't comment on the wax b/c i never use it.

About reviewer (115 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium