Butter London Rosie Lee

Butter London Rosie Lee
Rosie LeeButter London Rosie LeeRosie Lee

on 9/17/2016 12:22:00 AM

This is a lovely colour, a rose pink glitter. In sunlight it's sparkles but it' does settle down indoors. The Rose tone makes it a little more wearable despite the sparkles. The first coat went on so thinly that I was worried that I should have used a coloured Basecoat, however the second coat covered so nicely I didn't use a third. I've put a peel off Basecoat under this and it's going fine on my second day, peel off basecoats just make removing glitters so much easier.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love this pretty rose gold glitter polish. It's such fun to wear! I am not a huge fan of glitter polishes in general, mostly because of the grit and, oh! Getting them off is a pain. I've taken to wearing this polish on one accent nail and painting all the rest with Wet 'n Wild's Megalast polish in Undercover. I'm putting up a photo, and, while the light doesn't really show it, it's a good match. This way, I only have one nail with glitter when it comes time to remove. Yes, I'm a whiner, but I'm tickled to have found a way to wear this pretty polish!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Beautiful rose-gold glitter. It is not girly pink, so it doesn't look cheap. Rosie Lee looks so rosy, that I could almost smell a good old English garden, that perfect it is. I didn't even try to do airbrushed look, but this polish is so good, that I got many compliments and friends thought that I went to salon. High-end polishes are really worth the rave. My summer polishes are Deborah Lippmann Mermaids Dream and Rosie Lee.

on 7/5/2013 4:51:00 PM

One of my all-time favorite polishes!! Any brand, variety, etc. Butter London's Rosie Lee is a warm pink microglitter, very girly & fun. Opaque in 2 coats and as always with BL, no problems with application or wear.

On the nail it looks bright, shiny, and gorgeous. It's glittery, metallic, and PINK. What more could you want?

Also, this is the kind of pink that almost anyone could wear. It's not Barbie-pink, or juvenile Hello Kitty-pink. Flattering for a wide range of ages and skin tones.

One of Butter London's best- highly recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Rosie Lee is a very pretty polish. It is a mid-toned warm pink micro glitter, the color reminds me of English roses. This is a really nice shade that isn't too bright or juvenile. I got pretty good opcaity with 2 coats, it applied evenly and dried very quickly which I have come to expect with Butter's glitter polishes. It does dry to a slightly gritty texture and is top coat thirsty so 2 thick coats are needed to smooth it out. The formula is a bit thick but not hard to work with. I usually get 3 to 4 days of wear with BL's glitters before they start to peel off, I've been wearing Rosie Lee for 2 days now and it's still going strong. However, I don't think I'll buy this shade again. I don't wear many pinks but I do prefer brighter fuchsia leaning pinks so Rosie just doesn't float my boat. I like the sparkle she gives but the color is just a bit dull to me personally. If you like pink and you like glitter, this is a good polish to check out.

Love love love, the glitter is fine and makes it very pretty on all nails, its the perfect rose gold polish

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Rosie Lee is a rose gold/pink all glitter polish. You definitely need to layer it on. Application on long nails was surprisingly not very difficult, due to the formula. Usually I have issues with glitter polishes and have to paint them on in sections because the glitter particles are not spreading evenly and tend to gather in one area only. That was not an issue with Rosie Lee.

The texture, as with most Butter Londons I've tried is great, and I only needed about 2 coats, whereas I would need several to get such full coverage with a Sephora OPI or cheaper glitter polishes.

The color was very flattering on my NC42ish medium-tan skintone. It is very blingy, and definitely noticeable. Not recommended for anyone who isn't into 'loud' nail polishes, because although the color may not be neon or electric, the sparkle factor is definitely there! I posted two pics on this review of me wearing this, it is the 3rd and 4th pics (long nails), and the sunlight really captures how sparkly it is!!

I really like doing nails as an accessory so I imagine this would compliment a black dress very nicely.

Finally, the nail polish peeled off each nail in a single piece, as if it were a press-on nail. But this is not unique to this shade, this happens with all of my glitter polishes. And it did last a few days before this happened.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Rosie Lee is a beautiful, finely-milled glitter polish. The best part of the polish is the color. It's more of a salmon pink shade than a true rose shade. It's not particularly light or deep, so I describe it as a mid-toned shade which means that it's very flattering on all skin tones. The consistency of the formula is somewhat on the thicker side and I suggest applying very thin coats when applying. After two thin coats it was opaque for me. However, the more coats applied the more rosey and less salmon pink the color. I prefer 3 coats. After drying, the texture is like dried sugar or fine sand on the nail. If you're not into that texture, then I suggest applying two coats of topcoat. Overall, due to the unique color and easy application, I recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I just had to write a review on this nail polish. Its so gorgeous, beautiful, pretty, sparkly, and perfect! I cannot say enough good words about this nail polish. Its so stunning on the nails. I receive compliments all the time when I wear it. I have many nail polishes but I always come back to Rosie Lee and I wear it for weeks! It lasts so long, looks beautiful, dries fast and doesnt have all the bad chemicals like other nail polishes. I love Butter London Rosie Lee! Its the best! I highly recommend this to everyone. Go out and purchase this nail polish now! Its a must have for your collection! At least give it a try and test it out! It is my HG nail polish and I keep on repurchasing everytime.
This nail polish needs more attention and credit!

This is the most beautiful fine rose coloured glitter that is opaque in two coats, I like to give it three. This does have a habit of flaking and chipping quite badly but I have found that if you put a layer of a light nail polish underneath and a good too coat on top it really minimises chipping. I haven't came across any other colour like this in a cheaper alternative and would definitely purchase this again.

Popular Polishes