Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub

3.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this peeling,but nothing so special about it.It has good ratio between price and quality so I will continue to buy this again.It smells good and after it the skin is amazingly soft,but it doesn't last long.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product because Sali Hughes, the beauty editor for The Guardian, said that she loves the Palmer's scrubs.

Generally, I trust Sali implicitly, but here, I disagree.

This scrub smells like sour milk, which means that I will not be putting it near my face again. The walnut shell grit of the scrub is a little too strong for my face. I think maybe it's too big and the edges are a little too sharp. The Ole Henriksen brand has a walnut scrub that has the perfect sized grit. Of course, the Ole Henriksen version is about $9 an ounce and this one is about $2 an ounce, but I still think that it worth spending the money on something that is going to work and make your face feel nice.

I am still giving this product two lippies because I have found that I can use on my arms and legs as a scrub. Of course, using Palmer's Face Scrub on my body is not as good as using their nice body scrub, but at least it's not a total waste. Faint praise indeed!

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/24/2015 2:13:00 PM

I didn't like this. It smelt really artifical, the exfoliating particles in it were way too big to have any noticeable effect on my skin and the creaminess of it meant my face never felt thoroughly cleansed after I'd used it. I've tried a few other products from the Palmer's range now and have never been overly impressed with them - particularly the scent - so think I'll be avoiding this brand from now on.

on 5/9/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

My favorite facial scrub. It is similar to St. Ives Apricot scrub except I experienced some breakouts from St. Ives product, not with Palmer's.
It is gentle so I can use it daily, it removes dead skin cells and cleans out pores. It is also not drying, no need to worry for tight skin afterwards. Love this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Slightly disappointed by this product, due to how much I absolutely adored the Palmer's Gentle Daily Cleanser. The scent is slightly more chemical and industrial than the cleanser, which smelt like a dream. The formula left a greasy film over my face after I washed it off with water the first time, so be sure to wash and wipe it off very thoroughly. Despite not being the best scrub I've used, it's decent, it gets the job done, and for its price, it's definitely a good buy. Sadly, this product will not be repurchased, as this did absolutely nothing for my acne-prone skin. Whilst there was no aggravation or extra breakouts, I would rather spend my money on something else that is more powerful at getting rid of my hideous spots. For those with dryer skin or do not suffer from the battle with acne, this product is recommended.

on 12/31/2013 5:47:00 AM

I received this as a gift with purchase so can't really comment on the price. The fragrance is the same as for the rest of the Palmers face range. The texture is extremely creamy. My only problem is the particles - Finely milled my ass - they are large and fairly sharp. This reminds me of the old Aapri apricot scrub which could shred sensitive skin to shreds. I am surprised that Palmers are putting out such an old fashioned product in this day and age. Go for one of the St Ives scrubs instead.

on 7/17/2013 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Been using this product for around 5 weeks and i honestly love it. Before I started using it my face was extremely dry and very spotty (due to an allergic reaction to a previous brand of skin care ild been using!) I use this 3 times a week and i defiantly can see a difference. I use this along with the entire skin are range by palmers and I've found my skin is in the best condition it's been in for the last few years. I have very dry, sensitive skin and this works wonders!

on 1/10/2013 11:12:00 AM

This stuff has been amazing. I'm used to having to use a facial scrub twice a day everyday, but now I only use it once every morning. The beads are big, but they don't scratch or leave skin feeling irritated.

The only problem I foresee for people is the very strong fragrance this stuff has. I don't know why they need the added fragrance, but it lingers for a long time. I'm almost done with the tube and I'm still not used to the smell yet. I don't have a fragrance allergy, but if you do you might want to look into something else.

on 8/2/2012 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i hate to do this to a palmers product, because i love their range in general, but i can't give this scrub a thumbs up. for me, this stuff is in no way "gentle", and i found it really pretty rough against my skin. it just feels a bit too abrasive than what i'm normally looking for in an exfoliating formula.

i might be a little bit picky here; i've found that a lot of "gentle" scrubs are too harsh for me, so this may just be a taste thing. all i know is that my old beloved scrub is being discontinued and now all i see in my future is rubbing gravel all over my skin haha. the hunt continues.

ETA i'm slowing learning to love this product. i mix it with my cream cleanser and although the beads are larger than what i'm used to (which is what i think initially scared me) i think they're really effective - my skin is really nice and soft right now. the product is a little stiff when you squeeze it out of the tube but other than that, this works really well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This made my face break out. I have acne-prone,uneven,and sensitive skin. My acne,before i used this was moderate. Then when i used this my forehead broke out really bad. When is stopped using it,the break outs wasnt so bad afterward. Another downside is that the beans are big and it was hard for me to wash it off. My mom paid about $7-$8 at walmart for it. I used Palmer's products before and they werent really bad. Honestly i think it was the White Lily that was messing with my skin.
Remeber:I may not have worked for me but that doesnt mean it wont work for you.