Botox

4.8

There simply isn't anything over the counter that's going to work on lines like botox. I get it every few months & it makes a huge difference.

I absolutely love Botox. Best investment for for your face. People need to remember, Botox is a preventative not a solution. If people already have deep lines, the best way is a face lift. The more you get the less you need in the future. This should be done ideally every 4 months but you can stretch it to 6 months.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

I have to say-I love my makeup,but it doesn't do it justice to apply to a lined area….there are definitely creams,serums,and pigments that help,however, a few injections go a long way- I found South Shore Medical Aesthetics (Medical Spa)to be the all round best at this- painless,affordable,lasting results!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My latest addiction is to Botox! I have had Botox injections off and on for several years with great results however I finally decided to get them on a regular basis (about every 3 months) for about a year and have never been happier. I absolutely love the way the injections smooth the lines in my forehead and between my eyes. I usually get anywhere from 24 to 34 units depending on how many areas I need work on. Yes, the injections can hurt, however it is so worth it. Check out my youtube video for more info.

I absolutely love Botox! I had my first injections right before my 41st birthday and it made all the difference in the world for me. I am now 47 and still have injections every 9 - 12 months. Drawbacks are that it is pricey and the results do wear off in a few months. My results are still visible for about 6 months since I have found a stellar cosmetic surgeon. The doctor I initially went to was good, but for some reason the results didn't last quite as long.

I would recommend Botox to anyone who wants a pick me up. Those pesky crows feet and the lines between the eyes (#11s) can really age a woman and make us feel so down in the dumps.

Also, the injection pain is gone almost immediately and the local anesthetic cream is very effective in controlling the pain of the actual injection. It's worth a try if you are feel that you are looking older on the outside than you feel on the inside.

I am using botox as a preventative measure against wrinkles. Ever since having my daughter 2 years ago, I have noticed more wrinkles in the crows feet area. I tried so many creams that did nothing. so I bit the bullet and thought I'd try botox. I was very nervous about reacting to it and having swollen eyes for a month after. thankfully this never happened. I had 4 units injected each side which I hardly felt. it took a few days, probably 4, before I really noticed a difference. the left eye crows feet area is perfectly smooth, with the right almost perfect but it is my driving side so is normal to have a deeper wrinkle there. anyway, having my followup today and will ask for another unit or two to top up the right side. very happy with my results and will definitely be having more in a few months time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have the annoying "11"s between my eyebrows. Last year, 2 of my kids were getting their wisdom teeth out together (hahaha…been there myself) :-) Anyway, while waiting, I noticed posters all over with a woman with bad "11"s promoting Botox. I asked one of the nurses if someone in their office gave injections. This was an oral surgeon's office. She said, the doctor/oral surgeon did. I thought, why not.
It wasn't wise of me to have this done with him. I felt a bit like a guinea pig :-) After 29 units with a price of $300 (he gave me a discount), he asked me if I squint a lot. Huh??? It took about 7 days to notice a difference. I would have preferred more Botox. The difference was about 50% better. It also wore off before 3 months.
I'd try it again, but only with a specialist in facial injections.
Rule of thumb-don't let a doctor not board certified in cosmetics give you Botox. I feel I wasted my money. On the positive side, it didn't hurt and my kids were ready to go home!

I started getting Botox regularly (every 3-4 months) 4 years ago. I did not have a lot of deep wrinkles but I did have a crease mark in between my eyebrows. I get the Botox injected in my forehead, under and around my eyes, and in between my eyebrows. It usually takes maybe 4 days for me to see the results and they are always fabulous.

I would encourage anyone who wants to get Botox to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist. These are professionals who have extensive knowledge of the structure of the face and haven't just taken a weekend course.

Had several times in my forehead and between eyes and it is Fabulous! Made me look years younger.Do not go with the cheapest doctor - It is very important to find a someone who knows what she is doing or it will be a waste of money. Ok....I can't give it top prize for price or packaging (ouch)....but will do again and again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I think i'm one of the unlucky ones! i had botox treament for my crows feet 2 weeks ago, and there is only a slight change :( i think its coz i have existing lines already and that my face is quite chubby? so my cheeks are pushing up the crows feet?

I am going for my review tomorrow, i hope that there is some way i can continue treatment, because i feel it could be a good thing for me.

Pain - well no pain for me, was the most easiest treatment every, i was very very very nervous but came away feeling good.

Nurse - i had an experience nurse facilitate my treatment, Im thinking now that i've read these reviews that there could be a few reasons my treatment hasn't worked as one would have hoped. Maybe she had the botox mixed up for a while or it had gone 'bad' some how. I hope it is something like that and that a new batch with give me the results.

I've mostly heard good things about the product and am WILLING to give it another go. I feel positive it might work this time round.

*EDIT* 2 months later I've had a lot of compliments on 'what have you done to your face it looks so refreshed", well i don't know whether that be from the botox or from my skin care regime, either way i'll take the compliments thanks!

THO 2 months later i can feel the effects of botox waring off. HOping for longer results next time.