Freeman Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

Freeman Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract (Lemon), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract (Peppermint), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Montmorillionite, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

No complaints for this mask - it's incredibly inexpensive, but does contain impressive ingredients (bentonite clay and kaolin are the second and third in its list of ingredients) and most importantly it helps to dry out my cystic acne. I'm guessing that most clay masks would do the job in terms of drying out cystic acne, but this one has an edge in the fact that it's really cheap. Also, it boasts no extraordinary claims of miracle cures, which is a side of marketing that I absolutely detest.

How I use it: whenever I get really painful cystic acne, I'll dab a generous amount of this mask directly onto the spot and leave it overnight. I'd wash it off in the morning, and repeat the same steps the next evening. Usually after a day or two the acne will come to a head. Once that happened - and this will get graphic - I'll cover the spot with the mask again and let it really dry, then pick the mask off my skin with my fingers while it's dry. Usually the white head and the cyst will get pulled out with it. I'll clean the spot quickly under running water and gently pat it dry, then cover the spot with the mask again. Normally the spot will heal up in no time after that. I'm not sure if what I do is recommended though, but it works for me - much better than any of those acne gels that I've tried.

on 4/16/2016 3:42:00 PM

I'm so disappointed with this product. I was looking for a mask that wouldn't break me out and I had this for months bc my sister had bought it for herself. I read the reviews and everyone was raving about it so I decided to give it a try. First night of applying, it felt so so good on the skin, I left it to dry for 20 minutes and washed it off. The redness became less visible and I thought it was working. It calmed down the oil on my skin too. The next day at night I applied it again, waited out and got the same results. BUT, on the nex morning I woke up, there were pimple around my jaw and whiteheads around my lips. I was so surprised bc I haven't done anything to my skin nor did I eat anyting that would trigger pimples. Then I realized that it was the mask that broke me out bc it was the ONLY new thing that I had used on my skin. Too bad though, I really wanted to like this product.

To Read all 148 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/27/2016 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This mask will not cure perpetual whiteheads or comedonal acne. That's a problem I'm afraid can be only solved by using prescription-grade ingredients.

However, this mask is very good at pulling dirt away from the pores and makes it easier for whitehead extraction. I like the scent of minty lemon - very refreshing - and I think this mask is much easier to apply than Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask due to its thinner texture. I love the way my skin feels after I rinse this mask off and I'm almost finished with a tube of this stuff. Sometimes I put it on overnight for the lols.

It's inexpensive, can be purchased at any ULTA location, and certainly worth a try for anyone who has combo to oily type skin. You get a big tube which should last you for a while.

on 2/27/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This clay is for oily skin. But if you have dry skin like me, you can use it as a spot treatment. It completely dry out the pimples.

on 2/18/2016 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm torn. It has a really refreshing scent and feels nice going on the skin. However, doesn't do anything for my acne (but mine is mod-severe so of course it wouldn't). The biggest issue though is that the mint-lemon scent is so strong it burns my eyes!! Happens every time I use it. :( And no, I know I'm not just using too much product.

I am in love with this mask- I used to obsess over the Spoiled Rotten mint face mask, but Claire's stopped carrying it and it's hard for me to obtain it online. I was shopping around, picking up little sample sized packs of various types, and I grabbed two little foil pouches of this at walmart. The very first time I used it I was hooked.

It is a clay mask, so as it dries you can see small dark spots where the oil is being lifted from your face- I love that, gross as it may sound. It helps me to see that it is actually doing its job and absorbing the oil. It goes on evenly, and you can use a quarter size dot of it on your full face, so a tube lasts a while. It's a really simple package, the design is cute and the flip top is very clean. In my experience with some of the last brands I used (I'm looking at you, Queen Helene) they have twist on tops and that gets suuuuper messy after a few tries. The mask smells really fresh, like you just cut a lemon, and the mint makes it really crisp and refreshing. It's sort of cooling, which I like because it seems to be helping with the redness in my skin.

After the first use, I noticed that my face was less oily, and less red and blotchy. The rough patches of dry skin were smoothed out, my breakout looked WAY less severe (it took down the swelling and redness) and my pores looked smaller and my entire face felt all-around cleaner. I have started using this two to three times a week, and it is my go-to mask, I couldn't imagine replacing it. Compared to the other clay masks I used, this one was easier, dried better, worked better, and was a fraction of the price. I'll still keep a tub of Queen Helena around for spot treatments and once a week deep cleans, but this Freeman mask has become my absolute favorite.

I don't understand the hype around freeman masks. This was yet another sorry excuse for a face mask. The packaging is ridiculous for how thick the product is, after a few uses its a mess. If you have acne or uneven skin it's going to be a pain in the butt to apply. It makes you more insecure and grossed out. This isn't refreshing unless you sit in front of the fan but then isn't any mask? Doesn't help with acne or burnt skin, to be honest I think it actually clogs pores because when I try to wash it off it's a struggle. It clings to random patches all over my face. I can make a homemade mask that does more than this can ever. The only good thing would be that this doesn't have the horrible perfume fragrance that most freeman masks tend to have.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

in love with it <3

on 9/23/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very nice and affordable mask for oily skin. It doesn't dry or irritate skin, which I was a little concerned when buying this, since my skin is kind of sensitive. It makes skin fresh and purifyied and helps to keep it clear when used regularly (I use it twice a week).

on 9/17/2015 12:22:00 PM

ok

first off, this is my first time ever writing a review, but its worth it for this product.

I have acne prone skin, and I am pretty much pushing 30 so its frustrating. I bought this on a whim at walmart because to be honest, Im not really into masks, I always felt like they were a waste of time but I was looking for something to continue to clear as I ran out of my usual deep cleansers and wasnt able to get any that week.

I honestly believe that I saw redness reduction and results over night. I know you read that and think "really?" but honestly for me, its true. So in my typical bail on everything in my life fashion, I stopped using it for a while just because I really never stick to anything ha. BUT the results were so great that I had to put it back into my face wash routine!

Its so cheap (if your worried about cost) and its amazing! its worth a try, honestly you won't be disappointed!

I USE IT DIFFERENTLY THEN THE BOTTLE SAYS THOUGH, I actually sleep with a thin layer of this mask on over night and wake up and wash it off with clean and clear continuous control (I just started using this soI really can't comment but I like it to remove the mask so far) I am in sports for a living so when I come home at night my face is gross and its like more pimples pop up throughout my daily training that I seem to notice more at night! Using the mask though clears everything new the next day and reduces everything else too!

So, about 3-4 times a week (but use at your own discretion) I pop a think layer of this on after I wash my face and just before I go to bed and then, in the morning, or whenever I can peel myself off of my pillow, I wash it off with a cleanser and I LOVE IT. I wake up and its like everything has been repaired or working to being repaired and my skin feels tight and firm! LOVE IT!

Cheap product, great at what it does, resealable container that you can take with you if you travel!

I love this product!