Freeman Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

Freeman Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon
Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract (Lemon), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract (Peppermint), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Montmorillionite, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 7/19/2017 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a mediocre clay mask. I bought it when I was at the peak of my stress-related breakout and it did nothing but mattify the skin. It does have a slightly cooling sensation which is nice, but the consistency of this is so thick, which makes it difficult to squeeze out and apply. The smell isn't too strong so that was good. This would probably be a good mask for people with oily skin who would want to control their oil but for my normal skin, it was a tad too drying.

I found this on sale so it was extremely cheap, it was $41MX which is about $2US
I bought it with zero expectations but I loooved it.
I have hormonal cystic acne that appears on my jawline when I´m about to get my period and it usually is very stubborn and the redness just won´t go away even after the inflammation is gone. Well one day I decided to try this as an overnight spot treatment and it did wonders on my skin. I usually use benzoyl peroxide 5% as a spot treatment and this mask worked way better. I dried up spots in 1-2 nights and the scars are way less noticeable than before.
I also tried this as its intended use (mask) and it left my skin much less oily. My skin is very oily, I usually need a blotting tissue an hour (or even less sometimes) after doing my makeup and today I went for about 4hrs with my skin looking fairly matte.
I´d totally recommend this mask, just DOOON´T if you have dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Not a big fan,it does nothing rather just sit there on my skin,save your dime.There are better mask out there,my favorite is the aztec secret indian healing clay.

on 1/27/2017 5:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love most of Freeman products but I couldn't wait to try this one because it had lemon in it and I am a addict when it comes to using lemons in my masks. I had to go on the internet and order this certain one because I couldn't find it anywhere. The price was ok because it was only $5.85 and free shipping. When I received this I couldn't wait to use it, the texture of this product is very thick, my mud mask brush had a hard time spreading in on my face so I had to use the back of a spoon. Like I said the texture was very thick so it took a long time to dry . It says it controls oil and breakouts, I have breakouts here and there but I think that this clay does nothing for me at all, I really didn't feel any coolness on my face at all, but I think that it did change colors on my face. And I had a very hard time rinsing the product off my face because of the thickness of the product. This product made no difference to my skin at all, no clearing, no softness, nothing. If I ran out of this it was be a blessing because I would never buy this brand of Freeman's again, sorry!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This smells nice and really strongly of lemon and it is a nice refreshing mask. However, I bought it for the purpose of helping out my acne prone skin which I heard it would. But it really doesn't dry very hard which means it doesn't suck much out of your pores. There's also a lot of extra ingredients and oils that I find don't help my acne.

I can't justify giving this a higher review because my favorite mask is the Aztec healing clay, which is pure bentonite clay with no additives or oils and dries way harder and actually clears out my pores. If you do masks for the purpose of clearing pimples, then dry the Aztec clay instead.

on 11/4/2016 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First of in my opinion this is a very average face mask. If you are already a acne prone person like myself it won't do wonders for your skin. It simply dries up any oil on the face and make the skin feeling soft afterwards. It doesn't prevent acne or control any breakouts. Packing is a large tube which may take a while to finish. Price wise since I am in South Africa we pay about R100 which is pretty expensive compared to the USA price.

This mask works well to control my oily skin. I get the best results when I use it regularly every week. To me the scent is very relaxing. I have repurchased this product many times.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

No complaints for this mask - it's incredibly inexpensive, but does contain impressive ingredients (bentonite clay and kaolin are the second and third in its list of ingredients) and most importantly it helps to dry out my cystic acne. I'm guessing that most clay masks would do the job in terms of drying out cystic acne, but this one has an edge in the fact that it's really cheap. Also, it boasts no extraordinary claims of miracle cures, which is a side of marketing that I absolutely detest.

How I use it: whenever I get really painful cystic acne, I'll dab a generous amount of this mask directly onto the spot and leave it overnight. I'd wash it off in the morning, and repeat the same steps the next evening. Usually after a day or two the acne will come to a head. Once that happened - and this will get graphic - I'll cover the spot with the mask again and let it really dry, then pick the mask off my skin with my fingers while it's dry. Usually the white head and the cyst will get pulled out with it. I'll clean the spot quickly under running water and gently pat it dry, then cover the spot with the mask again. Normally the spot will heal up in no time after that. I'm not sure if what I do is recommended though, but it works for me - much better than any of those acne gels that I've tried.

on 4/16/2016 3:42:00 PM

I'm so disappointed with this product. I was looking for a mask that wouldn't break me out and I had this for months bc my sister had bought it for herself. I read the reviews and everyone was raving about it so I decided to give it a try. First night of applying, it felt so so good on the skin, I left it to dry for 20 minutes and washed it off. The redness became less visible and I thought it was working. It calmed down the oil on my skin too. The next day at night I applied it again, waited out and got the same results. BUT, on the nex morning I woke up, there were pimple around my jaw and whiteheads around my lips. I was so surprised bc I haven't done anything to my skin nor did I eat anyting that would trigger pimples. Then I realized that it was the mask that broke me out bc it was the ONLY new thing that I had used on my skin. Too bad though, I really wanted to like this product.

on 3/27/2016 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This mask will not cure perpetual whiteheads or comedonal acne. That's a problem I'm afraid can be only solved by using prescription-grade ingredients.

However, this mask is very good at pulling dirt away from the pores and makes it easier for whitehead extraction. I like the scent of minty lemon - very refreshing - and I think this mask is much easier to apply than Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask due to its thinner texture. I love the way my skin feels after I rinse this mask off and I'm almost finished with a tube of this stuff. Sometimes I put it on overnight for the lols.

It's inexpensive, can be purchased at any ULTA location, and certainly worth a try for anyone who has combo to oily type skin. You get a big tube which should last you for a while.