Sonia Kashuk Luxury Lip Color - Sheer Orchid

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is my first SK lipstick (possibly first actual SK makeup item ever, in fact) and I like it quite a bit. For some reason, "Orchid" always makes me think of purple or lavender but thankfully this is neither. I picked it up for $2.98 on clearance, the last one so I figured it was a sign. I believe this shade was recommended in some magazine not too long ago as a good neutral pink for fair skintones, which it is. It's a great everyday no-brainer shade I can grab and apply without a mirror and doesn't require a liner. The square white tube with the color swatch on the top makes it easy to find in my cavern of a purse. Nice texture, smooth, not waxy or thick, and decently pigmented (especially for being called 'sheer'). It has a slightly shimmery finish without being metallic or frosty with a slight vanilla scent similar to MAC. Like most drugstore brands it's not terribly moisturizing but on the other hand is not really drying either. Either way, I tend to use a lipbalm underneath to offset this as my lips lean dry. The color stays true and although I can't say it's one I'd immediately pick out of a crowd it is surprisingly flattering and I'm glad I got it, sale or no. It seems to polish off my normal daytime look and make my lips look fuller which is a bonus :) The lasting power is as you'd expect, an hour or two depending on eating/drinking/etc. It's a somewhere between nude, pink and peach without leaning any way in particular which allows it to go well with almost everything. The shimmer is not a cool or silvery shimmer like some pinks seem to have (and which makes them unwearable on my warm skintone). If anything it's probably a gold shimmer, but so fine that you barely know it's there because all I see is shine, not "shimmer". I'd certainly pick up this shade again when I run out because I can see myself wearing this a lot. Granted, I don't think I have ever finished a whole lipstick but stranger things have happened!

on 9/23/2010 12:56:00 PM

This is my first Sonia Kashuk Lipstick and I am impressed. It glides on easily and is moisturizing. It does not feel too waxy which is nice but it does seem to sit a bit on top of my lips. This color is great for my very fair skin. Not too pink which I get tired of but a lovely pink/mauve. On someone darker, it would just probably enhance their natural lip color slightly. I am not complaining about the price but it was $8.99 at Target and for some reason I thought it would be cheaper...oh, well a girl can dream.

Popular Lipsticks