REVLON Colourstay in Buff

REVLON Colourstay in Buff
Colourstay in Buff

4.1

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.4%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau (Water, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4, Isostearate, HDI/Trimethol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Alumina, Magnesium Sulfate, Isododecane, Boron Nitrate, Methicone, Laureth 7, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower (Orchid) Extract, Serica (Silk Powder) (Silk), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tribehenin, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylene Brassylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm so disappointed by this product! The shade is so perfect for my light olive-neutral skin but this leaves me with inflamed acne after every use, despite having been on accutane. I just can't risk breaking out in deep, painful acne ever again.

I'm very fair skinned and sometimes makeup just don't work well but this product is amazing. It's the right color, it hides my scars, it makes my skin glow,

on 1/31/2018 9:37:00 AM

My favourite foundation ever. I'm pale and a lot of other products are too dark for me. Many years ago I found Revlon Colorstay and since then I use it every day. My complexion is problematic, I had an acne and still you can notice it on my face. Colorstay cover most of them so I'm glad. Of course after few hours my face is shiny but I don't expect that foundation will matt for whole day.
Now I'm even more happy when bottle has a pump. Definitely will buy again and again :)

on 11/25/2017 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the best foundation I have bought, and I have been through some high end ones from Dior and Lancome, but this totally beats them up!

Buff is a great shade for Caspers like myself. I would 100% recommend this foundation to anyone with combo or oily skin because:
- it is medium to full, very full coverage
- it lasts for ages on its own, but with a primer and some setting spray it gets me through 14 hours of wear!
- solid choice no matter the climate - where I live the summer is scorchingly hot, the winter is freezing cold and this stays put!
- it is easy to blend and it does not look cakey (of course, a full beat base cannot look like 'no-makeup makeup' but this foundation does not look like a mask at all; it is as natural as it can get for a full coverage
- does not oxidise and does not settle into lines

And best of all, it has a pump and it is cheap!

on 11/19/2017 7:27:00 AM

I bought this in the Buff/Chamois shade in the normal/dry formula (I don't know if there's an oily/combination skin version) and have been using it for about 6 weeks. So far, I've been impressed, especially for its modest price. Goes on easily, gives a medium coverage, stays all day. It compares quite favorably to the more expensive brands I've used -- including Nars light 2 Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc (which gives lighter coverage) and Armani cream foundation (which goes one slightly more smoothly, but develops a yellow undertone over time). It also comes in a container with a pump I didn't have to pay extra for (like Nars) or couldn't get period (Armani cream foundation).

For years I've been using much more expensive brands -- YSL, Lancome, Armani -- but recently I've found that the less expensive, so-called drugstore brands have upped their game. Now my go-to brands are Catrice for lipsticks (fabulous!), mascara and eyeliner and this Revlon product for foundation.

on 7/27/2017 4:26:00 PM

I tried buff in dry skin foundation, it went on well and looked not to bad 70 coverage but I found it way to light at the time I was my normal pale colour I have warm toned skin and this made me look like a ghost, a ghost with nice skin but i looked dead so that's the reason I'm not into it, and the other shades are to cool toned for me so if you are like porcelain ivory than this may be perfect for you, it seemed to have staying power it didn't want to wash off so if they made my colour I would try it again.

on 2/17/2017 7:36:00 AM

Great coverage, can layer if needed, perfect color, oxidization looks surprisingly nice durning summertime since it is only slightly different from the color before oxidization, doesn't make me breakout and I can't even use certain face washes or certain face lotions or I'll break out, doesn't look cakey, perfect for spot coverage if you're going for a natural look. I will never use anything else :) if I could change anything, I wouldn't want spf in my foundation just personal preference.

on 2/2/2017 7:42:00 PM

Very good product considering price. Comparable to the legendary Estee Lauder Double Wear, with a slightly better range of shades. Revlon seem to lean slightly grey/olive in undertone - at least in their colourstay foundations.
Revlon really could do with adding a few shades lighter (and I suspect darker too) to the line. But as far as the performance of the product itself goes, definitely would recommend if you're looking for a long wearing foundation and you have combination or oily skin. I would even go so far as to say this foundation is transfer proof, when set with a powder.

I struggle to find a foundation that doesn't make me break out, but this one is perfect! the coverage is great and matches my skin light tone better than any other drug store foundation I've tried.

on 9/25/2015 1:28:00 PM

My review is for the 24hr formula for normal/dry skin. I was hoping I'd like this product a lot more since the 'buff' shade matches my skin perfectly. Aside from that though, I'm not overly impressed with this stuff. I find it can easily look cakey on my skin and seems to really draw attention to any dryness on my face. I feel like I can never get this to blend very well regardless of how I apply it. I have mixed it with a small amount of moisturizer and found that helps a bit. I also really don't like the bottle. Much prefer a pump. I don't find that this lasts me all day either. I wouldn't repurchase, not because it is the most terrible foundation I've ever used but because I'd rather try something else and for the time being, I prefer my L'Oreal True Match Lumi.