MAC Her Own Devices

MAC Her Own Devices

3.0

on 4/29/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

if i recall, in australia i paid 52 dollars for this. better money spent on a normal blush i would say. i prefer the mineralize blushes by mac.
this colour didnt really show up on my skin tone...i think cause im too dark. during the time i purchased it, i was an nc44, the colour just didnt show up unless i caked it on.
when i did put it on, it looked like a deeper meauve bronzer on me, i had to layer it on to get some sort of colour, this was the only way it would stay on my face all day. if i put a normal amount, it was like i wasnt flushed at all. i should have gotten the oh so fair, it would have been prettier on me.
im a fan of mac beauty powders, but i just chose the wrong colour :( i gave it to my girlfriend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Like most beauty powders, Her Own Devices has a very sheer consistency. At first I was kind of reluctant to getting this because I wasn't sure it would show up on my now NC 40 skin ( I got super tan during the summer lol). However it did show up, it didnt give a bright POP of color like Briar Rose or Bite of an Apple Blush, but it did give a flush of natural color on my cheeks. It doesn't turn ashy throughout the day either which is such a bonus. In the winter when I get my NC 35 skin complexion, I could see myself using this as a bronzer or a contour color. Nice beauty powder, but I still on the fence of whether I should buy it again.