MAC Her Own Devices

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Her Own Devices

4.8

on 10/24/2010 4:40:00 PM

I bought this only yesterday, but I really love it! I'm a NW20, and it'ts just the perfect color to give me a natural, daytime glow. Especially now when my tan is fading, it's just perfect to keep me skin healthy looking. Would buy it again, but infortunately it's a LE. At first I did not really like the packaging, thinking it looks cheap, but now I see the charm of it :D The cheapness makes is actually kinda fun.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am surprised by how side lined this beauty powder is compared to the other two that came out with the Venemous Villains collection. This one is the special one for me! I am a NW20 and this is perfect as a shading and sculpting blush for me. I use it on the back of my cheeks and under the chin and jawbone to give me the closest to a Cruella de Ville angular look that my rounded soft face can manage. It is soft and sheer and buildable and has a glamorous picture of Cruella on the front. How can anyone NOT like it?

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This Beauty Powder comes in a shiny black mirrored compact. It gives a warm nude glow to my NC15-ish complexion. I was torn between the 2 Venomous Villains Beauty Powders, this one and Oh So Fair, which is a pink shade. Because I have a lot of redness in my complexion, HOD seems more flattering as it balances out the redness. It is nicely pigmented with a satin finish.
My critique of this product: I would LOVE it if it had just a touch more pink in it, and I'm not a huge fan of the Cruella de Ville packaging as IMO it looks cheap (ironic since MAC hiked up the price of this collection as part of its collaboration with Disney). I won't buy this again mostly because it's LE.

***EDIT****
Aug 5, 2011 -- After learning more about makeup and application, I can't say enough about Her Own Devices. It's amazing as a contour! Wish I hadn't been so closed to this product last year because I would have bought one. *sigh* live and learn right? :)

Personally, I really wasn't impressed with Her Own Devices. It looks pretty in the pan but when I tried it out I had the same problem I did with the Darkly My Dear blush in the Cruella set. I don't know ... I feel Briar Rose and even Oh So Fair are far superior beauty powders in the Venomous Villains collection. That's just my two cents!