MAC Cosmetics Her Own Devices

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Her Own Devices

4.8

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is beautiful on my NC20 yellow undertoned skin. A soft nude pink colour....light enough to not look garish on my pale skin, but pigmented enough not to have to pack it on with my brush. I use it on the apples of my cheeks and it gives me a subtle flush. A shame it was LE.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am surprised by how side lined this beauty powder is compared to the other two that came out with the Venemous Villains collection. This one is the special one for me! I am a NW20 and this is perfect as a shading and sculpting blush for me. I use it on the back of my cheeks and under the chin and jawbone to give me the closest to a Cruella de Ville angular look that my rounded soft face can manage. It is soft and sheer and buildable and has a glamorous picture of Cruella on the front. How can anyone NOT like it?

***EDIT****
Aug 5, 2011 -- After learning more about makeup and application, I can't say enough about Her Own Devices. It's amazing as a contour! Wish I hadn't been so closed to this product last year because I would have bought one. *sigh* live and learn right? :)

Personally, I really wasn't impressed with Her Own Devices. It looks pretty in the pan but when I tried it out I had the same problem I did with the Darkly My Dear blush in the Cruella set. I don't know ... I feel Briar Rose and even Oh So Fair are far superior beauty powders in the Venomous Villains collection. That's just my two cents!

on 9/30/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I have NC 15-20 skin, and I've been looking for the perfect "natural blush"... which never worked out for me. They always made my face look too dirty or too "done up". This is my first time trying beauty powders, and it goes on effortlessly. It gives the perfect warmth to my face and I just love the overall effect of it. It also feels so silky on the skin, I can't stop touching my face - even though I shouldn't haha :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is from the new Venemous Villians collection. This powder is worth recognition because of the soft texture, how easy it is to apply, and the natural beauty of the color. At first I thought this was going to be orange or turn red, but I was wrong. It looks very boring in the pan, but on the skin it is that PERFECT day time nude cheek. It has the slightest bit of sheen to it that shows when caught in the light, and it gives my cheeks definition. I would recommend this for fair, and medium skintones. I think with darker skintones it may serve other purposes depending on how well it would show up. Please do not be fooled by the pigmentation of a beauty powder. They are not supposed to near the pigmentation of a blush. It is meant to add color to certain areas of the face depending on which BP you get. This color can be used many ways, I have even washed it across my eyes to add a little color. This was actually one of three products I purchased from the collection, and I must say I Love it. A must have for natural beauty lovers!