MAC Her Own Devices

MAC Her Own Devices

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Despite the fact that it's a BP, I like to use this as a blush. It is sheer, so I use a coarser brush (the ones from Benefit's boxed powders work well) to pick up more colour.
BTW, it lasts 4 hours as a blush before it fades.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this powder! At first I wasn't sure, but once I applied and buffed, I fell. It's a very natural mauvy pink. On my NC20-25 skin it looks fabulous. I'm not sure how well this will work with a tan, but I imagine it could make a beautiful rosy glow if built up. Only a little is needed at a time, which is nice since this is LE. I wouldn't chase it down for tons of money, but if you can find it reasonably priced, pick it up. It's a nice blush to own.

on 12/13/2010 8:19:00 PM

I have been on a trek for a perfect blush. Honestly, I have had a fear of blushes...but I overcame it with this one! Ironically, it has a picture of my least favorite villain...come on now, she hurts puppies!

Her Own Devices is not too pinky, reddy, or orangey! It's great! It's also very buildable, which is rare to find in a blush!

I deducted a lipstick because it is kind of expensive (which is to be expected of Mac)...but more importantly, it was LE! :( What am I going to do when I run out?? I bought two because hopefully I'll find a replacement by the time I run out of both.

on 10/24/2010 4:40:00 PM

I bought this only yesterday, but I really love it! I'm a NW20, and it'ts just the perfect color to give me a natural, daytime glow. Especially now when my tan is fading, it's just perfect to keep me skin healthy looking. Would buy it again, but infortunately it's a LE. At first I did not really like the packaging, thinking it looks cheap, but now I see the charm of it :D The cheapness makes is actually kinda fun.

on 10/22/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have 10 MAC products which I use as blushes (a variety of sheertone shimmer blush, mineralize skinfinishes, high-light powder, mineralize blushes, beauty powder blush, and beauty powders).
Although I have only had it for close to three weeks, Her Own Devices has become my favourite product to use as a blush.
MAC describes it as a "Cool nude" and on me it shows as a neutral, natural flush.

EDIT: Bought a back up from eBay =)

This product equals love.
It's just sooo pretty and natural-looking unlike most blushers on my NC15 skintone.

I love it so much I'm going to use it at my wedding day this month. Really can't go wrong with this. I'm gonna pair it with MAC's Angel lipstick and I'm all set. The SA told me this powder looks especially beautiful in photographs so that is a major plus as well.
Oh, and the packaging is sooo cute, LOL.

on 10/10/2010 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I cannot believe the ratings are so low! I'm in love with this beauty powder - on my NC42 skin it's such a natural, gorgeous flush of colour. It's actually pretty close to the colour that I naturally blush. MAC describes it as a 'cool nude' and I think that's a pretty accurate description...the best I can describe it in my own words is a matte soft pink nude colour. I actually find it pretty pigmented - I apply with my 109 brush and only need one layer. The lasting power is pretty good aswell, & the packaging includes a mirror which is an added bonus. It's pricey but definately worth it, it's my HG blush as of now.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am surprised by how side lined this beauty powder is compared to the other two that came out with the Venemous Villains collection. This one is the special one for me! I am a NW20 and this is perfect as a shading and sculpting blush for me. I use it on the back of my cheeks and under the chin and jawbone to give me the closest to a Cruella de Ville angular look that my rounded soft face can manage. It is soft and sheer and buildable and has a glamorous picture of Cruella on the front. How can anyone NOT like it?

on 10/6/2010 11:11:00 AM

I didn't like this product and I've already returned it.
I understand that the Beauty Powders are supposed to be sheer, but i bought this expecting it to give me at least some colour. I'm actually light medium,so I was very surprised when this didn't show up on me very much at all, maybe a very subtle shimmer, very slightly pink. Even when I tried to swatch it on my skin with my finger, which usually picks up a lot of product, i couldn't get it to show up very much, on my finger or on my skin when I swatched it.
I don't know, i guess if that's what you're looking for, then this is good, but for me, it's too expensive considering how sheer it is. I can use highlighters I have and a bit of blush to create the same effect.