MAC Cosmetics Her Own Devices

MAC Cosmetics Her Own Devices

2.8

on 4/29/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

if i recall, in australia i paid 52 dollars for this. better money spent on a normal blush i would say. i prefer the mineralize blushes by mac.
this colour didnt really show up on my skin tone...i think cause im too dark. during the time i purchased it, i was an nc44, the colour just didnt show up unless i caked it on.
when i did put it on, it looked like a deeper meauve bronzer on me, i had to layer it on to get some sort of colour, this was the only way it would stay on my face all day. if i put a normal amount, it was like i wasnt flushed at all. i should have gotten the oh so fair, it would have been prettier on me.
im a fan of mac beauty powders, but i just chose the wrong colour :( i gave it to my girlfriend.

on 12/13/2010 8:19:00 PM

I have been on a trek for a perfect blush. Honestly, I have had a fear of blushes...but I overcame it with this one! Ironically, it has a picture of my least favorite villain...come on now, she hurts puppies!

Her Own Devices is not too pinky, reddy, or orangey! It's great! It's also very buildable, which is rare to find in a blush!

I deducted a lipstick because it is kind of expensive (which is to be expected of Mac)...but more importantly, it was LE! :( What am I going to do when I run out?? I bought two because hopefully I'll find a replacement by the time I run out of both.

on 10/6/2010 11:11:00 AM

I didn't like this product and I've already returned it.
I understand that the Beauty Powders are supposed to be sheer, but i bought this expecting it to give me at least some colour. I'm actually light medium,so I was very surprised when this didn't show up on me very much at all, maybe a very subtle shimmer, very slightly pink. Even when I tried to swatch it on my skin with my finger, which usually picks up a lot of product, i couldn't get it to show up very much, on my finger or on my skin when I swatched it.
I don't know, i guess if that's what you're looking for, then this is good, but for me, it's too expensive considering how sheer it is. I can use highlighters I have and a bit of blush to create the same effect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Like most beauty powders, Her Own Devices has a very sheer consistency. At first I was kind of reluctant to getting this because I wasn't sure it would show up on my now NC 40 skin ( I got super tan during the summer lol). However it did show up, it didnt give a bright POP of color like Briar Rose or Bite of an Apple Blush, but it did give a flush of natural color on my cheeks. It doesn't turn ashy throughout the day either which is such a bonus. In the winter when I get my NC 35 skin complexion, I could see myself using this as a bronzer or a contour color. Nice beauty powder, but I still on the fence of whether I should buy it again.