MAC Her Own Devices

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Her Own Devices

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is beautiful on my NC20 yellow undertoned skin. A soft nude pink colour....light enough to not look garish on my pale skin, but pigmented enough not to have to pack it on with my brush. I use it on the apples of my cheeks and it gives me a subtle flush. A shame it was LE.

on 10/24/2010 4:40:00 PM

I bought this only yesterday, but I really love it! I'm a NW20, and it'ts just the perfect color to give me a natural, daytime glow. Especially now when my tan is fading, it's just perfect to keep me skin healthy looking. Would buy it again, but infortunately it's a LE. At first I did not really like the packaging, thinking it looks cheap, but now I see the charm of it :D The cheapness makes is actually kinda fun.

This product equals love.
It's just sooo pretty and natural-looking unlike most blushers on my NC15 skintone.

I love it so much I'm going to use it at my wedding day this month. Really can't go wrong with this. I'm gonna pair it with MAC's Angel lipstick and I'm all set. The SA told me this powder looks especially beautiful in photographs so that is a major plus as well.
Oh, and the packaging is sooo cute, LOL.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am surprised by how side lined this beauty powder is compared to the other two that came out with the Venemous Villains collection. This one is the special one for me! I am a NW20 and this is perfect as a shading and sculpting blush for me. I use it on the back of my cheeks and under the chin and jawbone to give me the closest to a Cruella de Ville angular look that my rounded soft face can manage. It is soft and sheer and buildable and has a glamorous picture of Cruella on the front. How can anyone NOT like it?

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This Beauty Powder comes in a shiny black mirrored compact. It gives a warm nude glow to my NC15-ish complexion. I was torn between the 2 Venomous Villains Beauty Powders, this one and Oh So Fair, which is a pink shade. Because I have a lot of redness in my complexion, HOD seems more flattering as it balances out the redness. It is nicely pigmented with a satin finish.
My critique of this product: I would LOVE it if it had just a touch more pink in it, and I'm not a huge fan of the Cruella de Ville packaging as IMO it looks cheap (ironic since MAC hiked up the price of this collection as part of its collaboration with Disney). I won't buy this again mostly because it's LE.

on 10/6/2010 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is very sheer but can be built up to get a 'natural' cheek. Its pretty and i love the packaging with Cruella on. Even though its nice- it isn't unique, thats the only reason i said i wouldn't buy it again. Overall a nice product but i prefer NARS Douceur for a natural cheek colour.

on 10/5/2010 10:19:00 PM

I love this color. I was wanting a natural cheek color and this is perfect. It looks so pretty on, and it has just a little touch of peach in it. It's one of my favorite items from the venomous villains collection.

***EDIT****
Aug 5, 2011 -- After learning more about makeup and application, I can't say enough about Her Own Devices. It's amazing as a contour! Wish I hadn't been so closed to this product last year because I would have bought one. *sigh* live and learn right? :)

Personally, I really wasn't impressed with Her Own Devices. It looks pretty in the pan but when I tried it out I had the same problem I did with the Darkly My Dear blush in the Cruella set. I don't know ... I feel Briar Rose and even Oh So Fair are far superior beauty powders in the Venomous Villains collection. That's just my two cents!

on 9/30/2010 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I grew up playing 101 dolmation computer games and watching the movies. Unfortunatley, I just could not get this to work for me. I understand BP are not suppose to have pigmentation of a blush, but I could not get this to show up on me even after 5+ applications. I think also it's because the color is very light and my skintone is nw25-nw30. It's very pretty color, i would reccommend this to lighter skinned beauties looking for a natural look. I don't really know what else you could use this for besides a blush, but I do not recommend this for medium/dark skintones, it's impossible to get it to show up. :(