MAC Her Own Devices

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Her Own Devices

4.6

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This Beauty Powder comes in a shiny black mirrored compact. It gives a warm nude glow to my NC15-ish complexion. I was torn between the 2 Venomous Villains Beauty Powders, this one and Oh So Fair, which is a pink shade. Because I have a lot of redness in my complexion, HOD seems more flattering as it balances out the redness. It is nicely pigmented with a satin finish.
My critique of this product: I would LOVE it if it had just a touch more pink in it, and I'm not a huge fan of the Cruella de Ville packaging as IMO it looks cheap (ironic since MAC hiked up the price of this collection as part of its collaboration with Disney). I won't buy this again mostly because it's LE.

on 10/6/2010 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is very sheer but can be built up to get a 'natural' cheek. Its pretty and i love the packaging with Cruella on. Even though its nice- it isn't unique, thats the only reason i said i wouldn't buy it again. Overall a nice product but i prefer NARS Douceur for a natural cheek colour.

on 10/5/2010 10:19:00 PM

I love this color. I was wanting a natural cheek color and this is perfect. It looks so pretty on, and it has just a little touch of peach in it. It's one of my favorite items from the venomous villains collection.

***EDIT****
Aug 5, 2011 -- After learning more about makeup and application, I can't say enough about Her Own Devices. It's amazing as a contour! Wish I hadn't been so closed to this product last year because I would have bought one. *sigh* live and learn right? :)

Personally, I really wasn't impressed with Her Own Devices. It looks pretty in the pan but when I tried it out I had the same problem I did with the Darkly My Dear blush in the Cruella set. I don't know ... I feel Briar Rose and even Oh So Fair are far superior beauty powders in the Venomous Villains collection. That's just my two cents!

on 9/30/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I have NC 15-20 skin, and I've been looking for the perfect "natural blush"... which never worked out for me. They always made my face look too dirty or too "done up". This is my first time trying beauty powders, and it goes on effortlessly. It gives the perfect warmth to my face and I just love the overall effect of it. It also feels so silky on the skin, I can't stop touching my face - even though I shouldn't haha :)