MAC Her Own Devices

MAC Her Own Devices

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this powder! At first I wasn't sure, but once I applied and buffed, I fell. It's a very natural mauvy pink. On my NC20-25 skin it looks fabulous. I'm not sure how well this will work with a tan, but I imagine it could make a beautiful rosy glow if built up. Only a little is needed at a time, which is nice since this is LE. I wouldn't chase it down for tons of money, but if you can find it reasonably priced, pick it up. It's a nice blush to own.

on 10/24/2010 4:40:00 PM

I bought this only yesterday, but I really love it! I'm a NW20, and it'ts just the perfect color to give me a natural, daytime glow. Especially now when my tan is fading, it's just perfect to keep me skin healthy looking. Would buy it again, but infortunately it's a LE. At first I did not really like the packaging, thinking it looks cheap, but now I see the charm of it :D The cheapness makes is actually kinda fun.

on 10/22/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have 10 MAC products which I use as blushes (a variety of sheertone shimmer blush, mineralize skinfinishes, high-light powder, mineralize blushes, beauty powder blush, and beauty powders).
Although I have only had it for close to three weeks, Her Own Devices has become my favourite product to use as a blush.
MAC describes it as a "Cool nude" and on me it shows as a neutral, natural flush.

EDIT: Bought a back up from eBay =)

This product equals love.
It's just sooo pretty and natural-looking unlike most blushers on my NC15 skintone.

I love it so much I'm going to use it at my wedding day this month. Really can't go wrong with this. I'm gonna pair it with MAC's Angel lipstick and I'm all set. The SA told me this powder looks especially beautiful in photographs so that is a major plus as well.
Oh, and the packaging is sooo cute, LOL.

on 10/10/2010 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I cannot believe the ratings are so low! I'm in love with this beauty powder - on my NC42 skin it's such a natural, gorgeous flush of colour. It's actually pretty close to the colour that I naturally blush. MAC describes it as a 'cool nude' and I think that's a pretty accurate description...the best I can describe it in my own words is a matte soft pink nude colour. I actually find it pretty pigmented - I apply with my 109 brush and only need one layer. The lasting power is pretty good aswell, & the packaging includes a mirror which is an added bonus. It's pricey but definately worth it, it's my HG blush as of now.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am surprised by how side lined this beauty powder is compared to the other two that came out with the Venemous Villains collection. This one is the special one for me! I am a NW20 and this is perfect as a shading and sculpting blush for me. I use it on the back of my cheeks and under the chin and jawbone to give me the closest to a Cruella de Ville angular look that my rounded soft face can manage. It is soft and sheer and buildable and has a glamorous picture of Cruella on the front. How can anyone NOT like it?

on 10/5/2010 10:19:00 PM

I love this color. I was wanting a natural cheek color and this is perfect. It looks so pretty on, and it has just a little touch of peach in it. It's one of my favorite items from the venomous villains collection.

***EDIT****
Aug 5, 2011 -- After learning more about makeup and application, I can't say enough about Her Own Devices. It's amazing as a contour! Wish I hadn't been so closed to this product last year because I would have bought one. *sigh* live and learn right? :)

Personally, I really wasn't impressed with Her Own Devices. It looks pretty in the pan but when I tried it out I had the same problem I did with the Darkly My Dear blush in the Cruella set. I don't know ... I feel Briar Rose and even Oh So Fair are far superior beauty powders in the Venomous Villains collection. That's just my two cents!

on 9/30/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I have NC 15-20 skin, and I've been looking for the perfect "natural blush"... which never worked out for me. They always made my face look too dirty or too "done up". This is my first time trying beauty powders, and it goes on effortlessly. It gives the perfect warmth to my face and I just love the overall effect of it. It also feels so silky on the skin, I can't stop touching my face - even though I shouldn't haha :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is from the new Venemous Villians collection. This powder is worth recognition because of the soft texture, how easy it is to apply, and the natural beauty of the color. At first I thought this was going to be orange or turn red, but I was wrong. It looks very boring in the pan, but on the skin it is that PERFECT day time nude cheek. It has the slightest bit of sheen to it that shows when caught in the light, and it gives my cheeks definition. I would recommend this for fair, and medium skintones. I think with darker skintones it may serve other purposes depending on how well it would show up. Please do not be fooled by the pigmentation of a beauty powder. They are not supposed to near the pigmentation of a blush. It is meant to add color to certain areas of the face depending on which BP you get. This color can be used many ways, I have even washed it across my eyes to add a little color. This was actually one of three products I purchased from the collection, and I must say I Love it. A must have for natural beauty lovers!