MAC Her Own Devices

MAC Her Own Devices

4.2

This product equals love.
It's just sooo pretty and natural-looking unlike most blushers on my NC15 skintone.

I love it so much I'm going to use it at my wedding day this month. Really can't go wrong with this. I'm gonna pair it with MAC's Angel lipstick and I'm all set. The SA told me this powder looks especially beautiful in photographs so that is a major plus as well.
Oh, and the packaging is sooo cute, LOL.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Like most beauty powders, Her Own Devices has a very sheer consistency. At first I was kind of reluctant to getting this because I wasn't sure it would show up on my now NC 40 skin ( I got super tan during the summer lol). However it did show up, it didnt give a bright POP of color like Briar Rose or Bite of an Apple Blush, but it did give a flush of natural color on my cheeks. It doesn't turn ashy throughout the day either which is such a bonus. In the winter when I get my NC 35 skin complexion, I could see myself using this as a bronzer or a contour color. Nice beauty powder, but I still on the fence of whether I should buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is from the new Venemous Villians collection. This powder is worth recognition because of the soft texture, how easy it is to apply, and the natural beauty of the color. At first I thought this was going to be orange or turn red, but I was wrong. It looks very boring in the pan, but on the skin it is that PERFECT day time nude cheek. It has the slightest bit of sheen to it that shows when caught in the light, and it gives my cheeks definition. I would recommend this for fair, and medium skintones. I think with darker skintones it may serve other purposes depending on how well it would show up. Please do not be fooled by the pigmentation of a beauty powder. They are not supposed to near the pigmentation of a blush. It is meant to add color to certain areas of the face depending on which BP you get. This color can be used many ways, I have even washed it across my eyes to add a little color. This was actually one of three products I purchased from the collection, and I must say I Love it. A must have for natural beauty lovers!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this powder! At first I wasn't sure, but once I applied and buffed, I fell. It's a very natural mauvy pink. On my NC20-25 skin it looks fabulous. I'm not sure how well this will work with a tan, but I imagine it could make a beautiful rosy glow if built up. Only a little is needed at a time, which is nice since this is LE. I wouldn't chase it down for tons of money, but if you can find it reasonably priced, pick it up. It's a nice blush to own.

on 12/13/2010 8:19:00 PM

I have been on a trek for a perfect blush. Honestly, I have had a fear of blushes...but I overcame it with this one! Ironically, it has a picture of my least favorite villain...come on now, she hurts puppies!

Her Own Devices is not too pinky, reddy, or orangey! It's great! It's also very buildable, which is rare to find in a blush!

I deducted a lipstick because it is kind of expensive (which is to be expected of Mac)...but more importantly, it was LE! :( What am I going to do when I run out?? I bought two because hopefully I'll find a replacement by the time I run out of both.

on 10/22/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have 10 MAC products which I use as blushes (a variety of sheertone shimmer blush, mineralize skinfinishes, high-light powder, mineralize blushes, beauty powder blush, and beauty powders).
Although I have only had it for close to three weeks, Her Own Devices has become my favourite product to use as a blush.
MAC describes it as a "Cool nude" and on me it shows as a neutral, natural flush.

EDIT: Bought a back up from eBay =)

on 10/6/2010 11:11:00 AM

I didn't like this product and I've already returned it.
I understand that the Beauty Powders are supposed to be sheer, but i bought this expecting it to give me at least some colour. I'm actually light medium,so I was very surprised when this didn't show up on me very much at all, maybe a very subtle shimmer, very slightly pink. Even when I tried to swatch it on my skin with my finger, which usually picks up a lot of product, i couldn't get it to show up very much, on my finger or on my skin when I swatched it.
I don't know, i guess if that's what you're looking for, then this is good, but for me, it's too expensive considering how sheer it is. I can use highlighters I have and a bit of blush to create the same effect.

on 9/30/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I have NC 15-20 skin, and I've been looking for the perfect "natural blush"... which never worked out for me. They always made my face look too dirty or too "done up". This is my first time trying beauty powders, and it goes on effortlessly. It gives the perfect warmth to my face and I just love the overall effect of it. It also feels so silky on the skin, I can't stop touching my face - even though I shouldn't haha :)

on 9/30/2010 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I grew up playing 101 dolmation computer games and watching the movies. Unfortunatley, I just could not get this to work for me. I understand BP are not suppose to have pigmentation of a blush, but I could not get this to show up on me even after 5+ applications. I think also it's because the color is very light and my skintone is nw25-nw30. It's very pretty color, i would reccommend this to lighter skinned beauties looking for a natural look. I don't really know what else you could use this for besides a blush, but I do not recommend this for medium/dark skintones, it's impossible to get it to show up. :(

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Despite the fact that it's a BP, I like to use this as a blush. It is sheer, so I use a coarser brush (the ones from Benefit's boxed powders work well) to pick up more colour.
BTW, it lasts 4 hours as a blush before it fades.