Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment
Enter TitleMacadamia Oil Healing Treatment.

4.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Red 17(CI 26100), Green 6 (CI 61565), Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Violet 2 (CI 60725)

on 3/14/2018 6:25:00 AM

I am very torn on this one. I love what it does to my long fine bleached hair. I applied a tiny bit of this oil on towel dry hair (just the ends) after washing and used hair dryer afterwards. It made my hair look healthy and shiny without weighting it down or making it look greasy. A bit pricey, but I was happy with the results... until I realized that all the silicones in this oil made my face breakout like crazy. The oil transferred from my hair to my skin during sleep and I woke up with new zits on my cheeks and around my jaw line every morning.
Mind you, I am very breakout prone (hair spray that gets on my bare shoulders or chest can cause breakouts for me), so if your skin is not as sensitive you might enjoy this oil treatment very much.

on 1/24/2018 2:43:00 PM

This is one of the very few products I repurchase. I have long, thick hair. After washing, I towel dry and use this instead of conditioner. Perfect amount of conditioning, plus it actually makes your hair dry faster, so there is less heat exposure and less damage. I have gone from 25 minute drying times to 4 minute drying times with this. I actually initially purchased it after reading about this line in a plastic surgery magazine saying that it cut down on drying time. So true! My hair is silkier, shinier and prettier than it has been in years. I get compliments all the time on my hair now, and I only use this plus a little mousse for volume. One 4.2 ounce bottle lasts almost a year.

on 1/24/2018 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love how this makes my curls look healthy, not oily or sticky.
I used to use mousse to curl my hair in the past but why should I if I have lightweight shiny macadamia oil products.
I have been using their products for nearly a year. I keep going back!!!! Hard not to!
It's just fantastic.

Love this product! Hard to find an oil that doesn't weigh down or make my hair (shoulder length, straight, fine, dry) greasy. I have applied this both to damp hair after a shower and completely dry hair. I always focus on the ends/bottom half. Love what it does to my hair damp or dry. Highly recommend and feel it's worth the price.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Oils mixed with silicones do not agree with my fine, dry hair. Even when using a tiny amount of this product, I was left with a greasy film and limp hair. For some reason, Chi argan oil and the Chi Silk Insfusion work best for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Amazing product, but this is on the pricey side. However, it works wonders. Leaves the hair soft, silky, shiny and really fluffy. It does regenerate and you only need a pea size amount for it to work. I haven't tried the Morrocanoil, so I don't know if it is any better, but I love it. I wash my hair every other two days and this keeps is nice and healthy (I blow dry). I do recommend it and I will buy it again for sure.

I ran out of my Moroccanoil and needed a hair oil in a pinch for my bleached, pink colored hair. As a post shower leave in, this is useless. However, when I add a blob of this to my conditioner, it makes my hair so sleek and soft. Still searching for a perfect leave in hair oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff saved my hair! I used to have dry dull hair & now it is shiny & REALLY moisturized!

on 3/6/2017 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I previously used the Schwarzkopf Bonacure Miracle Oil for several years, and loved the result. I wanted to find a cruelty free replacement, and have been on the hunt for one that is as good for a long time. This is the closest that I've gotten. This oil absorbs into my hair almost instantly, and makes it smooth and tangle free - or as tangle free as my (dry, curly) hair can ever get. The scent is divine (vanilla, and something I can't quite place?) but rather discreet and doesn't linger too much, which I like since I already use so many scented products. The pump bottle (on the 125ml bottle only) is excellent.

You could probably get away with using very little product if you have shorter/less dry/not as much hair as I do, but I use almost two full pumps after each shower. Combined with the product being quite pricey (more expensive than the Schwarzkopf, in fact), this hair oil is quite the splurge. I feel like I would maybe need an even richer oil, so that I wouldn't have to use as much. But for normal to slightly dry hair, this'll probably provide a good amount of moisture. As for me, I follow it up with a rich curl cream (by label.m) that adds that last bit of moisture my hair needs.

Personally, I don't get people who are so upset by the inclusion of silicone in the product. If you want to avoid silicones at all costs, then simply buy a pure, cold-pressed oil for your hair instead of buying this and then whining about it. Also, I've used cheap products that are overloaded with silicone and felt the result of that, and it's not the feeling you get when using this product. It's a well balanced oil treatment, and I really like it. I can see myself repurchasing in the future, but I will keep looking for another oil that is 1) slightly richer and 2) ideally not as expensive.

+ Cruelty free
+ Adds shine that my hair naturally lacks
+ Absorbs very quickly, doesn't leave a sticky or greasy residue
+ Smells very, very good, yet it's not a strong scent
+ Great packaging with the pump
+ Keeps my hair tangle free for longer than usual

- The price
- Could be a tiny bit richer (or be available in two versions, one being for really dry hair), and it'd be perfect

on 9/25/2016 11:40:00 AM

I tried this before and it is best be mixed with the mask and then apply to clean towel dry hair for an hour or less. Then you can wash it with only water. It does a very good job in keeping hair smooth , manageable, tangle free, and smelling really nice. But here is the main problem if you are expecting any kind of treatment out of these products will I think then you are making a huge mistake. The Macadamia products are full of silicon which coats each strand, weigh it down, and it is better to say it covers the damage but doesn't treat it as it claims. And the price is outrageous for a silicon based products!!!!!!!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials