Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment
Enter TitleMacadamia Oil Healing Treatment.

4.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Red 17(CI 26100), Green 6 (CI 61565), Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Violet 2 (CI 60725)

I ran out of my Moroccanoil and needed a hair oil in a pinch for my bleached, pink colored hair. As a post shower leave in, this is useless. However, when I add a blob of this to my conditioner, it makes my hair so sleek and soft. Still searching for a perfect leave in hair oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff saved my hair! I used to have dry dull hair & now it is shiny & REALLY moisturized!

on 3/6/2017 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I previously used the Schwarzkopf Bonacure Miracle Oil for several years, and loved the result. I wanted to find a cruelty free replacement, and have been on the hunt for one that is as good for a long time. This is the closest that I've gotten. This oil absorbs into my hair almost instantly, and makes it smooth and tangle free - or as tangle free as my (dry, curly) hair can ever get. The scent is divine (vanilla, and something I can't quite place?) but rather discreet and doesn't linger too much, which I like since I already use so many scented products. The pump bottle (on the 125ml bottle only) is excellent.

You could probably get away with using very little product if you have shorter/less dry/not as much hair as I do, but I use almost two full pumps after each shower. Combined with the product being quite pricey (more expensive than the Schwarzkopf, in fact), this hair oil is quite the splurge. I feel like I would maybe need an even richer oil, so that I wouldn't have to use as much. But for normal to slightly dry hair, this'll probably provide a good amount of moisture. As for me, I follow it up with a rich curl cream (by label.m) that adds that last bit of moisture my hair needs.

Personally, I don't get people who are so upset by the inclusion of silicone in the product. If you want to avoid silicones at all costs, then simply buy a pure, cold-pressed oil for your hair instead of buying this and then whining about it. Also, I've used cheap products that are overloaded with silicone and felt the result of that, and it's not the feeling you get when using this product. It's a well balanced oil treatment, and I really like it. I can see myself repurchasing in the future, but I will keep looking for another oil that is 1) slightly richer and 2) ideally not as expensive.

+ Cruelty free
+ Adds shine that my hair naturally lacks
+ Absorbs very quickly, doesn't leave a sticky or greasy residue
+ Smells very, very good, yet it's not a strong scent
+ Great packaging with the pump
+ Keeps my hair tangle free for longer than usual

- The price
- Could be a tiny bit richer (or be available in two versions, one being for really dry hair), and it'd be perfect

on 9/25/2016 11:40:00 AM

I tried this before and it is best be mixed with the mask and then apply to clean towel dry hair for an hour or less. Then you can wash it with only water. It does a very good job in keeping hair smooth , manageable, tangle free, and smelling really nice. But here is the main problem if you are expecting any kind of treatment out of these products will I think then you are making a huge mistake. The Macadamia products are full of silicon which coats each strand, weigh it down, and it is better to say it covers the damage but doesn't treat it as it claims. And the price is outrageous for a silicon based products!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
-Smells amazing
-My hair looks shiny, beautiful and healthy
-It does not leave my hair greasy

CONS:
-Expensive

I have very thin and very fine hair that is lifted to a very light blonde shade from my natural dark blonde color. I often use tape in extensions that are long and thick remy Indian hair. When I use this product on my natural hair it is way way too heavy, which of course I expected. It still works for moisture but I can't use this if I want a good hair day. When I use this oil on my extension hair the texture is better suited to the thickness but it still leaves behind a bit of a heavy greasy feeling even if I use quite a small amount. But still, it's a good product for smoothing and moisturizing for me but just not styling.
My big problem with this product is its tendency to turn blonde hair dark. It makes my hair brassy like no other! I have such light blonde hair and this product likes to turn it to a dark yellowy brassy state. I do not recommend this oil to anyone with light blonde hair. Perhaps the color change is due to how porous my hair is because it is highly lifted blonde and a natural or slightly lightened blonde would not have the same problem. The brassiness can be remedied by using extra purple shampoo for the next few showers but it's still undesirable and that's the reason for my low rating.

I really like this product. It has a great smell, makes my damaged hair soft and small amount of it goes a long way. It's not a cheap product, but it's a very long lasting one and I'll be buying it again. Sorry for my English, hopefully reading this wasn't too confusing :)

on 1/5/2016 3:13:00 AM

I got a small sample of this, when I bought a sample of the hair masque to try out (Wasn't fully ready to commit to the high price but it's definitely a nice product!)

The sample was a 10ml glass bottle and this has lasted me a good month on and off with use. I'll use it when I think my hair needs a bit more TLC and care. I'll apply it after I towel dry my wet, freshly washed hair. After drying it through with a blowdryer- I find my hair insanely soft to the touch. It feels so healthy, silky, and smooth! I even look like I have healthy hair instead of a bunch of split ends.

Will I buy the full size, sure! But am I running out to get it right away? Not necessarily.

on 1/4/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This hair oil is amazing!!!!! It is very light, smells phenomenal. It does not weigh my hair down, make it greasy, or make it sticky at all. My flyaways are instantly calmed, and my hair shines lie crazy. Will be purchasing a full size after the small size I got as a gift is out.

This is my favorite oil i have ever used for my hair. I absolutely adore the smell. It keeps my hair very shiny and soft .The smell lingers but in a good way an i can smell it all day on my hair. I been using this for 3 years now. It lasts forever literally. My little bottle is 1 Oz it has lasted me 15 months now . A little really does go a long way. I also love putting a little in some of my deep repair masks i use for my hair at home . I highly recommend this oil . i love using it on my ends when i get out of the shower an my hair is towel dried . You can also use this dry an i used it once i"m done straightening my hair i run a little through my hair you only need about a dime size. My only warning don't use a lot because remember it is a oil . It will make you're hair greasy if too much is used. Highly recommend .

Popular Hair Products