Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SERUM

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SERUM

3.5

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, NIACINAMIDE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, DIMENTHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, POLYETHYLENE, PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CARNOSINE, ALLANTOIN, DIMETHICONOL, POLYACRYLAMIDE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, LAURETH-4, LAURETH-7, CITRIC ACID, PEG-100 STEARATE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, BHT, DISODIUM EDTA, TIN OXIDE, FRAGRANCE, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA

I have been using this for about a month and I can't tell if there is any difference, however I'm in my mid 20s so take this with a grain of salt. I use products to delay aging signs, not to correct, I do not detect a fragrance in this one, although I believe there is also a fragrance free version. I like that it is a pump and not a jar

For people who use this with Vitamin C, DON'T.... Vitamin C and Niacinamide neutralize each other so you aren't getting the benefits of either one. The sodium hyaluronate and green tea and peptides are still very beneficial. You could use this at night only and use the Vitamin C during the day. That's what I'm going to try. My favorite packaging would be a tube but this bottle is second best.

To Read all 77 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm pretty bummed out that I can't give this a higher rating. I really wanted to like it after seeing great reviews in a few different places and having it recommended to me specifically here on MUA. A niacinamide seems to be the one thing missing in my skincare routine. I use chemical exfoliators every other day and was looking for this primarily to help me retain moisture since they can be drying and I already have very dry skin. I used this on the same nights I exfoliated, and it did make my skin look well moisturized. That is the pro side. The con is the texture of the serum. It seems pretty similar to other serums at first glance and goes on smoothly. But then it just sits there. It never felt like it soaked in at all. I would put my regular moisturizer on top of it and it felt heavy and thick. In the morning, it still felt like it was sitting on the surface of my skin and needed to be washed off. I think it is a good product and worth a try, but may be better for someone with oilier skin who likes to forgo moisturizer sometimes. Combined with a heavy duty mioisturizer, this is a too-heavy product.

on 8/21/2015 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this about 2 months now, I have to say, it is a very good product. Well it is helping my pores get smaller, and skin is softer and clearer. I can put on my makeup easier. The price is close to some high end product like Clinique, got to say it is better than Clinique.
I love this product. It just works very well with me.
I would buy it again
And I would keep using the whole line

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Do not use this product if you are sensitive to Niacinamide! Most of the bad reviews on MUA are a reaction to the niacinamide. This product has a high concentration of it. If your skin can not tolerate it, you may experience flushing, rash, or an irritation that looks like pimples/breakout.

I bought the fragrance-free version. Excellent packaging. Fantastic ingredients. I like this better than the Paula's Choice Skin Recovering Serum I was using before and I do love Paula's products.

I wash with Cerave Hydrating, follow with Timeless Vitamin C, then this serum, and then whatever mineral sunscreen I'm using at the time. My skin looks fresh and glowing. I'm quite pleased.

However... I have noticed skin pilling since I started using this. You know, those silicone face boogers when you rub your face. I am just taking extra caution not to touch my face. I think the ingredients are too good to stop using so I'm going to overlook it. I haven't noticed any other reviewers complaining about this issue.

on 7/9/2015 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have tried the Australian version of this which is priced at $40 US, it is absolute garbage. My skin was burned and left with a red rash. Now for the good news, I was given the US product versions of the Micro-Sculpting Serum and the Micro-Sculpting Cream, in both the fragrance and non-fragrance. What a difference what an amazing serum and cream, I after three short weeks my skin is looking great. People are remarking on the difference and how glowing my skin is looking. I do not find the fragrace version too strong. I will definitely buy again but definitely not the Australian version. The difference between the two is extraordinary, one is horrifically bad, the other is almost perfect.

on 6/26/2015 12:01:00 AM

I bought this in the smaller bottle that's $10 to try before paying for the bigger bottle. I've been using at night under my night cream (Olay) upon application my skin felt softer and it looks smooth when I wake up,I think it does make the nite cream work better.It has a strong smell when u put it on but fades after a few minutes. It's not a bad smell though.I do like this but I'm not sold on the fact that I need it in my thirties.I'd repurchase if it was on sale.It also didn't cause any problems for my combination skin.

on 5/27/2015 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm in my 60's with dry, mature skin, and have just recently taken a serious interest in improving my skincare regime. This is one of the products I found good reviews of on the internet and just love the way it makes my skin feel. In combination with my DIY Vitamin C serum, moisturizers with great ingredients (but drugstore) and sunscreen, I feel I am on my way to healthier and smoother skin.

I have already repurchased this product and use it twice a day.

First of all, I tried the fragrance free Micro - Sculpting Cream (comes in a jar). Around two-thirds down the jar, this moisturizer stopped working in regards to evening my skin tone and exfoliating. It became just a plain moisturizer. I supposed the vital ingredients that make it do what it's supposed to do simply break down after being exposed to air. This is a disappointment because the jar is $26.

I went out and bought the Micro-sculpting serum for $22 because it has the same ingredients as the cream but it's in an air tight pump. After two days of morning and evening application, I am very happy with the results. Just two days! Upon waking up, my skin is plumped, dewy, even toned, and generally speaking, well rested. I am excited to continue using this and hope that the antioxidants in the serum will maintain its freshness since its in a pump.

on 2/12/2015 4:02:00 PM

I have dry sensitive acne prone skin. I used the Olay Regenerist Microsculpting cream for about a month and loved it. I then decided to add the serum to my skin care routine since I got excellent hydrating and firming results from the cream.

I would cleanse with Cerave hydrating cleanser, tone with Paula's choice skin recovery calming toner, moisturize with Olay serum and Olay cream; for about two months my face was glowing;

I however started to notice one or two bumpy pimples, on my face every now and then. Then eventually the Olay serum started to irritate my skin and sting very bad.
I did not react badly to the cream, the serum was the problem.

I had to take the serum out of my routine as it doesn't work well for my sensitive skin