Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum
Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum

3.6

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Sodium Peg-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Ceratonia Siliqua (Carob) Fruit Extract, Polyacrylamide, Titanium Dioxide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Dimethiconol, Fragrance, Bht, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Mica.

on 4/14/2018 6:39:00 PM

I have aging skin, sun damage and am approaching menopause - so I love products that address dullness, dryness and discolouration.

I purchased this because it has niacinimide as an ingredient and I couldn't find The Ordinary Niacinimide anywhere (TO's constant stocking issues). I prefer this to The Ordinary product.

This is a nice cream, just one or two pumps and then lightly over the skin morning and night after cleansing, before moisturiser and oils. The pump is super easy to use, you only need one or two pumps to cover your face and neck in a thin layer, the bottle lasted me about 4 months with daily use and when i opened it to try and get the last out of the bottle, the pump had effectively emptied the bottle.

My skin has been lovely and clear while I've been using this, nice and soft and moisturised and this product plays nicely with other products i use.

If you are looking for a nice affordable niacinimide product that's easy to apply, try this one. Its also readily available and if you hunt around, you'll find it on sale somewhere.

on 1/12/2018 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I first tried the cream & liked it so I decided to try the serum & I ended up liking the serum better. It hydrates my skin leaving it very smooth. It has tiny gold glittery flecks but once applied to the skin are not noticeable. Most importantly this does not make me break out my acne prone skin or irritate my skin.

on 10/19/2017 9:12:00 AM

First of all I’m really impressed by how far this brand came in term of improving their products and paying attention to all different kind of skin. Now this product is rich with niacinamide and this is what causes some people skin irritation. If you ever tried Paula’s niacinamide 10% you will understand because it contains a very high amount of this ingredient and not everybody can tolerate it. Otherwise this is an excellent anti-aging product so you’re lucky if you can use it without any complications.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

First I'd like to address the reviews saying their skin became red, blotchy, and itchy. This is not an allergic reaction, but a niacin flush. The main ingredient, niacinamide can cause this. For some people their skin will stop after a few uses, other people find it so disagreeable they don't use niacinamide at all. This response does not mean your skin is damaged. I have heard of people having allergic reactions to Olay products. They use a ton of ingredients (including parabens) which a lot of people are allergic too.

Also, you CAN use this with a vitamin c product. Some websites claim L-Ascorbic acid will neutralize niacinamide, this has been debunked : http://kindofstephen.com/can-you-use-niacinamide-and-vitamin-c-ascorbic/ You are more likely to get a niacin flush when using L-Ascorbic acid & niacinamide.

When I first used this in the morning, my makeup applied terribly over it. I only use it at night. Immediately the following morning my skin was softer. When I first apply it my face looks a bit greasy, but in 10 minutes it sinks in. It can feel a bit heavy, the serum is on the thicker side. Sometimes after using this at night my face in the morning will be a bit greasy. I don't really mind.

After a few days use my skin is more moisturized & plump. The dry spots on my forehead are gone. This is due to the niacinimade, which helps the skin's moisture barrier retain water.

After one week of use my skin is noticeably brighter, and my skin's texture is very smooth. I'm honestly really happy & pleased. Dry patches are gone. I have been using Olay Luminous booster in the morning, which probably helped as well.

Over one week of use and my skin is flaky in the morning. This is the same flaking I got when I started retin a a few years ago. This means my skin's turnover rate has increased. This has impressed me the most, and I think all the other ingredients (peptides, I think I read they include a version of matrixyl, which is suppose to give results similar to retinoids) could help with anti aging. Before I was just expecting well-moisturized skin & a brighter complexion. The fact that my skin cell's turnover rate has increased so much it's shedding is impressive. Obviously the anti-aging benefits won't be as good as using something like retin-a, but I think this is a solid product.

UPDATE: I'm pretty sure this has given me whiteheads, in areas around my eyebrow, cheek, and chin. This hasn't caused a bad breakout, just maybe one whitehead will appear in the morning after using this. No CC's or blackheads. Because of this I will not be using this every single night, but will use sparingly as a moisturizer.

on 7/7/2017 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After doing some research and seeing the positive reviews for this, I decided to add it to my nightly routine. It applies nicely, with a slippery feel that absorbs quickly, and I like the fact it comes in a pump container to prevent the ingredients from breaking down. Unfortunately, I seem to have had an allergic reaction to it. After using it for several days, I woke up with my face feeling EXTREMELY itchy and my skin very red and blotchy. I've tried experimenting, adding and removing items from my routine, and I only seem to have a problem when I use this product. I've never had such an extreme reaction to Olay products before, so I'm very disappointed that this didn't work out for me.

Pros:
nice, slippery feel
absorbs quickly
pump container

Cons:
caused allergic reaction
strong hair conditioner scent

on 1/7/2017 2:00:00 PM

I quite like this serum. I bought it because it was on sale, and I remembered that Paula Begoun rated it 5/5 on beautypedia. I don't have any wrinkles yet, but I figured I would use it as a night-time moisturizer for preventive purposes. I like that it's light and absorbs immediately. It makes my skin feel soft and hydrated without the sticky feel. It also hasn't caused me to break out which is great, and I'm very wary of anti-aging moisturizers/serums because that's what they tend to do (my skin is acne-prone). I also use this under my eyes. Does well as a make-up base too. It is mildly scented, but I don't mind. I think I'll repurchase.
update 3/23/2017: So I realized that I REALLY like this serum, I finished a bottle and then switched to using Guerlain's Super Aqua Serum. I realize that I prefer this serum, not just because it's much cheaper. It doesn't feel as 'silky' on the skin as Guerlain, but it made a more noticeable difference in my skin and the hydration it provided my skin was more lasting. Because it beats Guerlain, this serum deserves 5 lippies. Will be repurchasing this after I use up the Guerlain serum.

I have been using this for about a month and I can't tell if there is any difference, however I'm in my mid 20s so take this with a grain of salt. I use products to delay aging signs, not to correct, I do not detect a fragrance in this one, although I believe there is also a fragrance free version. I like that it is a pump and not a jar

For people who use this with Vitamin C, DON'T.... Vitamin C and Niacinamide neutralize each other so you aren't getting the benefits of either one. The sodium hyaluronate and green tea and peptides are still very beneficial. You could use this at night only and use the Vitamin C during the day. That's what I'm going to try. My favorite packaging would be a tube but this bottle is second best.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm pretty bummed out that I can't give this a higher rating. I really wanted to like it after seeing great reviews in a few different places and having it recommended to me specifically here on MUA. A niacinamide seems to be the one thing missing in my skincare routine. I use chemical exfoliators every other day and was looking for this primarily to help me retain moisture since they can be drying and I already have very dry skin. I used this on the same nights I exfoliated, and it did make my skin look well moisturized. That is the pro side. The con is the texture of the serum. It seems pretty similar to other serums at first glance and goes on smoothly. But then it just sits there. It never felt like it soaked in at all. I would put my regular moisturizer on top of it and it felt heavy and thick. In the morning, it still felt like it was sitting on the surface of my skin and needed to be washed off. I think it is a good product and worth a try, but may be better for someone with oilier skin who likes to forgo moisturizer sometimes. Combined with a heavy duty mioisturizer, this is a too-heavy product.

on 8/21/2015 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this about 2 months now, I have to say, it is a very good product. Well it is helping my pores get smaller, and skin is softer and clearer. I can put on my makeup easier. The price is close to some high end product like Clinique, got to say it is better than Clinique.
I love this product. It just works very well with me.
I would buy it again
And I would keep using the whole line