Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SERUM

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SERUM

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, NIACINAMIDE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, DIMENTHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, POLYETHYLENE, PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CARNOSINE, ALLANTOIN, DIMETHICONOL, POLYACRYLAMIDE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, LAURETH-4, LAURETH-7, CITRIC ACID, PEG-100 STEARATE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, BHT, DISODIUM EDTA, TIN OXIDE, FRAGRANCE, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA

on 10/19/2017 9:12:00 AM

First of all I’m really impressed by how far this brand came in term of improving their products and paying attention to all different kind of skin. Now this product is rich with niacinamide and this is what causes some people skin irritation. If you ever tried Paula’s niacinamide 10% you will understand because it contains a very high amount of this ingredient and not everybody can tolerate it. Otherwise this is an excellent anti-aging product so you’re lucky if you can use it without any complications.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

First I'd like to address the reviews saying their skin became red, blotchy, and itchy. This is not an allergic reaction, but a niacin flush. The main ingredient, niacinamide can cause this. For some people their skin will stop after a few uses, other people find it so disagreeable they don't use niacinamide at all. This response does not mean your skin is damaged. I have heard of people having allergic reactions to Olay products. They use a ton of ingredients (including parabens) which a lot of people are allergic too.

Also, you CAN use this with a vitamin c product. Some websites claim L-Ascorbic acid will neutralize niacinamide, this has been debunked : http://kindofstephen.com/can-you-use-niacinamide-and-vitamin-c-ascorbic/ You are more likely to get a niacin flush when using L-Ascorbic acid & niacinamide.

When I first used this in the morning, my makeup applied terribly over it. I only use it at night. Immediately the following morning my skin was softer. When I first apply it my face looks a bit greasy, but in 10 minutes it sinks in. It can feel a bit heavy, the serum is on the thicker side. Sometimes after using this at night my face in the morning will be a bit greasy. I don't really mind.

After a few days use my skin is more moisturized & plump. The dry spots on my forehead are gone. This is due to the niacinimade, which helps the skin's moisture barrier retain water.

After one week of use my skin is noticeably brighter, and my skin's texture is very smooth. I'm honestly really happy & pleased. Dry patches are gone. I have been using Olay Luminous booster in the morning, which probably helped as well.

Over one week of use and my skin is flaky in the morning. This is the same flaking I got when I started retin a a few years ago. This means my skin's turnover rate has increased. This has impressed me the most, and I think all the other ingredients (peptides, I think I read they include a version of matrixyl, which is suppose to give results similar to retinoids) could help with anti aging. Before I was just expecting well-moisturized skin & a brighter complexion. The fact that my skin cell's turnover rate has increased so much it's shedding is impressive. Obviously the anti-aging benefits won't be as good as using something like retin-a, but I think this is a solid product.

UPDATE: I'm pretty sure this has given me whiteheads, in areas around my eyebrow, cheek, and chin. This hasn't caused a bad breakout, just maybe one whitehead will appear in the morning after using this. No CC's or blackheads. Because of this I will not be using this every single night, but will use sparingly as a moisturizer.

For people who use this with Vitamin C, DON'T.... Vitamin C and Niacinamide neutralize each other so you aren't getting the benefits of either one. The sodium hyaluronate and green tea and peptides are still very beneficial. You could use this at night only and use the Vitamin C during the day. That's what I'm going to try. My favorite packaging would be a tube but this bottle is second best.

on 1/7/2017 2:00:00 PM

I quite like this serum. I bought it because it was on sale, and I remembered that Paula Begoun rated it 5/5 on beautypedia. I don't have any wrinkles yet, but I figured I would use it as a night-time moisturizer for preventive purposes. I like that it's light and absorbs immediately. It makes my skin feel soft and hydrated without the sticky feel. It also hasn't caused me to break out which is great, and I'm very wary of anti-aging moisturizers/serums because that's what they tend to do (my skin is acne-prone). I also use this under my eyes. Does well as a make-up base too. It is mildly scented, but I don't mind. I think I'll repurchase.
update 3/23/2017: So I realized that I REALLY like this serum, I finished a bottle and then switched to using Guerlain's Super Aqua Serum. I realize that I prefer this serum, not just because it's much cheaper. It doesn't feel as 'silky' on the skin as Guerlain, but it made a more noticeable difference in my skin and the hydration it provided my skin was more lasting. Because it beats Guerlain, this serum deserves 5 lippies. Will be repurchasing this after I use up the Guerlain serum.

on 7/7/2017 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After doing some research and seeing the positive reviews for this, I decided to add it to my nightly routine. It applies nicely, with a slippery feel that absorbs quickly, and I like the fact it comes in a pump container to prevent the ingredients from breaking down. Unfortunately, I seem to have had an allergic reaction to it. After using it for several days, I woke up with my face feeling EXTREMELY itchy and my skin very red and blotchy. I've tried experimenting, adding and removing items from my routine, and I only seem to have a problem when I use this product. I've never had such an extreme reaction to Olay products before, so I'm very disappointed that this didn't work out for me.

Pros:
nice, slippery feel
absorbs quickly
pump container

Cons:
caused allergic reaction
strong hair conditioner scent

I have been using this for about a month and I can't tell if there is any difference, however I'm in my mid 20s so take this with a grain of salt. I use products to delay aging signs, not to correct, I do not detect a fragrance in this one, although I believe there is also a fragrance free version. I like that it is a pump and not a jar

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Do not use this product if you are sensitive to Niacinamide! Most of the bad reviews on MUA are a reaction to the niacinamide. This product has a high concentration of it. If your skin can not tolerate it, you may experience flushing, rash, or an irritation that looks like pimples/breakout.

I bought the fragrance-free version. Excellent packaging. Fantastic ingredients. I like this better than the Paula's Choice Skin Recovering Serum I was using before and I do love Paula's products.

I wash with Cerave Hydrating, follow with Timeless Vitamin C, then this serum, and then whatever mineral sunscreen I'm using at the time. My skin looks fresh and glowing. I'm quite pleased.

However... I have noticed skin pilling since I started using this. You know, those silicone face boogers when you rub your face. I am just taking extra caution not to touch my face. I think the ingredients are too good to stop using so I'm going to overlook it. I haven't noticed any other reviewers complaining about this issue.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm pretty bummed out that I can't give this a higher rating. I really wanted to like it after seeing great reviews in a few different places and having it recommended to me specifically here on MUA. A niacinamide seems to be the one thing missing in my skincare routine. I use chemical exfoliators every other day and was looking for this primarily to help me retain moisture since they can be drying and I already have very dry skin. I used this on the same nights I exfoliated, and it did make my skin look well moisturized. That is the pro side. The con is the texture of the serum. It seems pretty similar to other serums at first glance and goes on smoothly. But then it just sits there. It never felt like it soaked in at all. I would put my regular moisturizer on top of it and it felt heavy and thick. In the morning, it still felt like it was sitting on the surface of my skin and needed to be washed off. I think it is a good product and worth a try, but may be better for someone with oilier skin who likes to forgo moisturizer sometimes. Combined with a heavy duty mioisturizer, this is a too-heavy product.

on 7/9/2015 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have tried the Australian version of this which is priced at $40 US, it is absolute garbage. My skin was burned and left with a red rash. Now for the good news, I was given the US product versions of the Micro-Sculpting Serum and the Micro-Sculpting Cream, in both the fragrance and non-fragrance. What a difference what an amazing serum and cream, I after three short weeks my skin is looking great. People are remarking on the difference and how glowing my skin is looking. I do not find the fragrace version too strong. I will definitely buy again but definitely not the Australian version. The difference between the two is extraordinary, one is horrifically bad, the other is almost perfect.

on 8/21/2015 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this about 2 months now, I have to say, it is a very good product. Well it is helping my pores get smaller, and skin is softer and clearer. I can put on my makeup easier. The price is close to some high end product like Clinique, got to say it is better than Clinique.
I love this product. It just works very well with me.
I would buy it again
And I would keep using the whole line