3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Overall, this isn't a bad product, it's just not what I prefer. I like my blush and highlighters separate, but I still had fun using it. I think it would be especially fun for summer, especially this shade. Tropic Hues contains swirls of coral, pink, and bronze. It's a very shimmery coral color with a bit of gold shine to it. A bit too bright for me if applied too heavily. I had to be careful to apply it very lightly otherwise it brought out the red in my skin. I could see others enjoying this shade to its fullest though. It builds up very nicely. I think this is worth a try if you're looking for something fun, but I won't be buying this again.

About reviewer (142 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

2 years ago

While this isn't the worst blush, it's not amazing either. I got it in my August BoxyCharm and was initially excited because I never buy blushes/ try out new ones. The color and finish on my skin are reminiscent of the little play makeup kits I used to have as a child. The packaging is durable and it looks beautiful in the pan but it's just a total miss for me.

About reviewer (296 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

from

4 years ago

I got this as a gift for purchasing a certain amount of Laura geller products at ulta. it came in a pretty, slim, silver pouch with a brush and I have to say that even though I never wear blush, I think that I will wear this because the shade is gorgeous. it has marble swirls PF color so it isn't flat and it only has the slightest hint of shimmer in the pan yet doesn't show up when applied to cheeks. I only put that I won't buy again is because it will take me forever to go thru the one that I have

About reviewer (228 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I received a delux sample of this in my Ipsy bag October 2015. I don't know anything about this brand (I've heard of it thou), & ipsy didn't stick that card in that tells you what evthing is & how much it's sup to retail for (FWIW this month's bag was awesome! Sorry OT). This blush has veins of peach and pink running through a shimmery rose "base." I'm not usually much of a blush person my fave DS blushes are NYX Taupe or Wnw Catwalk Pink. I own Nars O & Super O as well for HE faves. This is becoming a fast fave it's positively glowy & not like I painted 2 stripes of war paint access my cheek bones. I just don't like blush much coz I have a very round face. There just isn't room for it in between contour/hi-lite but this little gem manages to change my mind & maybe experiment a bit more w this product as its not a disco ball shimmer bomb. I am sure this is expensive I would not repurchase but it takes me some time to get down to hit pan on a blush I'm very conservative w my blush. 2 thumbs up!

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

7 years ago

When I bought this from Amazon, I wasn't aware that it had a bronzer on one side and a blush on the other (I actually think the seller had the wrong photo with the listing, and I was looking just for the Tropic Hues blush). But since I had been looking for a bronzer anyway I wasn't too disappointed. The blush looks like a swirly dark berry pink with some coral swirls in it. The bronzer is very shimmery and a little too dark against my NC10-15 skin and can make me look a bit muddy. Both sides are very shimmery and so may not suit everyone. I personally don't like to look like I am sparkly all day every day, but this blush is nice for occasional use. I wouldn't buy again even though the color payoff is quite good (but then having pale skin, you can get almost any product to show up).

About reviewer (1232 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

7 years ago

Such a pretty color. Gives my cheeks a beautiful natural glow!

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

from

9 years ago

Wow! This is stunning! It looks incredible with a tan (or bronzer) and the matching lipstick. I use this blush as an eye shadow, an all-over brightener, and, of course, as blush. On me, the overall effect of the color is of a warm, glowy pink (probably close to what everyone-but-me gets from Nars Orgasm). I have to be careful not to put too much Tropics over the pores on my cheeks, because, over my Balance N Brighten, this can create a greasy, glittery effect. However, as long as I apply lightly over my pores, this blush is fantastic. The color scheme of the Tropics collection seems to be created for my coloring. It's so flattering, warming, and downright beautiful, I've "stocked" up on these products. I have warm olive skin that tans easily, and Tropics blush, on me, shows up as a vibrant, hibiscus pink. The lipstick, on my light red lips, is a rose-mauve-bronze. My mother has become hooked on the Tropics lipstick as well, but it looks very different on her cool, very pale fair skin. The lipstick looks more peachy-brown on her, but it's lovely. The Tropics blush does not work on her skin at all...it shows up as a bright, fake orange, that looks nothing like the actual product, or the lipstick. Bizarre. So Tropics is one of those products it's best to try before buying. If this does work for you, I'll bet you will fall head over heels for it. This is total "desert island" material for me. My Tropics blush definitely says "Made in Italy", and it lists the Netherlands as the European distributor of this New York-based brand. My blush is a full-sized product, with slightly less blush than has been contained in other Geller blushes, but this LE blush costs nearly $10.00 less than the "regular" line as well.

About reviewer (825 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

10 years ago

Lovely warm and delicious swirls in this blush. It is not made in Italy but the Netherlands and is quite beautiful. Small size but great for travel and I think would look great on med complexions but not for very fair skin. NICE!!

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

10 years ago

First off, this product is smaller, but put into the same larger blush size packaging. It is a mix of corals, but mostly cool pinks. There is so much fine shimmer it makes my skin look very dry. Her baked blush that is Sugar-Free Boysenberry (no shimmer) makes my skin look dewy & great. I also have her Sunswept and that does have shimmer but not so much it seems. It just makes me look like corpse skin & am returning it. Update: I have since received this in a spilt pan with Tahitian Glow bronzer on the other side. This new one has a lot less shimmer and I like this mix of colors more. It just depends which mix you get and they can vary quite a bit. This one has more of pink and even a little light red or deep warm pink this, but no other shades. It makes a good pair with the bronzer to add a touch where the sun would start to give that burn, however I am happy with it now mostly for the bronzer, because I now own seven Laura Geller blush shades ans this one does not look good so I only apply it faintly. I had considered taking a blade to the pan and cutting it out, but just use it lighter when I use the bronzer now.

About reviewer (272 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm