Clinique Long last Lipstick - Bamboo Pink

Clinique Long last Lipstick - Bamboo Pink
image 1image 2image 3

4.1

ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/candelilla cera/cire decandelilla, isopropyl palmitate, phenyl rimethicone, dipenaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexasosinate, octyldodecanol, diisostearyl adipate, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, ceresin, ozokerite, triticum vulgare (wheat bran) extract, olea europaea(olive) fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, lecithin, linoleic acid, tocopheryl linoleate/oleate, octyldodecyl, myristate, cholesterol, glyceryl rosinate, ethylene/va copolymer, silica, bht [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491) ci 77492, ci 77499), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 28 lake (ci 45410), yellow 6 lake (ci 15985), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), red 33 lake (ci 17200), carmine (ci75470), red 6 (ci 15850), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360, red 22 lake (ci 45380)] [iln30522].

My experience with clinique: I used to use Blushing Nude when it was still in the green tube and I've purchased a few tubes of that in my 20's when I was working. But since time has changed and lip gloss has gotten big, I've also been more into gloss and shine but hate the feeling of stickiness and how my hair always sticks to my lips so I've stopped using lipstick/gloss altogether. So I've totally forgot about this lipstick until recently I ran out of clinique's water resistant eyeliner which I've used for the last 15 years so I had to purchase it online and it came with, not this shade, but the Long lasting lipstick in I DO! It is more red so I wanted to use that for special occasions like wedding or night in to town. So I completely forgot about this until now. Which I think Clinique is super smart by throwing this GWP so I can love this all over again.

On to Bamboo Pink: Earlier I said I received the I DO! lipstick and it is just too red but I love the feel, the look of the lipstick once I put it on, I'd like a more every day lipstick that looks like I'm not really wearing lipstick but I am kinda look. I'm Asian who is 38 years old which medium/olive/yellow skin tone and medium pigment lips so its hard for me to find that nude lipstick where I don't look too made up. So I've read tons of review and decided to purchase this lipstick and to my surprise...this works really well! I HAVE to use lip balm underneath for this not to dry my lips out which I think it is because of the frost. This looks fantastic on me! It is very close to my own lip color. But with a tiny bit of frost and this particular lipstick makes my lips look huge! Which I absolutely love because my lips are my best features on my Chinese face. It plumps it up and it is so soft. I like wearing eyeshadow, eyeliner on top and bottom and with this lipstick, I look fantastic! I've been asked a few times...what is making your lips so plump and smooth. I've recommended this specific color to so many people. I never would have tried this myself and now I've found my lipstick! Couldn't be happier! My lips thank Clinique too!

I've been using this lipstick for more than 10 years now. Sometimes I'll see some beautiful shade made by another brand, but I always come back to this one.
The lasting power is great. The lipstick can survive to be kept in hot and humid conditions (very few others do). I can apply it without looking in mirror.

Update: Clinique left the name, but changed the color. Now instead of pretty neutral pink it became deadly greyish, metallic disaster. Very disappointing.
From 5 star, to 2 star...

To Read all 237 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/3/2015 7:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I just don't love it. There are many better nudes out there. This is really pretty in the tube but does nothing for me on the lips.

on 7/13/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good color for my cool-toned skin, but it doesn't do much for me and I prefer the Butter Shine formula. I'm not much of a lipstick wearer these days, I prefer the texture and shine of glosses.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My friend gave me this lipstick...Extremely nice of her to say the least! Anyhow, it is a gorgeous everyday shade. Altho I'm of East Indian descent (w/ some caucasion mixed in there lol), I think it suits me fine. My lips are actually browny w/ purple almost under-tones on their own, my complexion is b/n med to light brown depending on the time of yr...So, needless to say at 1st I was hesitant, but the min I applied it (by the way which was heaven-scent as it was sooo smooth & soft on the lips w/ a lovely texture), I realized it's just perfect. Very subtle, a little bit of sheen but not a heavy sparkle & feels almost like a balm on the lips, or light, not heavy. The color pay off on my skin, as mentioned is subtle, but at the same time does not wash me out. Great gift that I'll def RE-purchase for myself when this tube runs out (which may be soon as I've worn pretty much none of my other lippies since she gave it to me)! I'm still not sick of it & that says a lot considering I purchase a cosmetic item bi-weekly it seems. Clinique has always been a fav product of mine too. And P.S. it NEVER gets on my teeth YAY!

on 1/14/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My mom wore this - and only this - for years in the early 2000s, and I always pestered her about maybe trying some new lip shades. I was stocking up on Chubby Sticks recently, saw this, and on a whim thought, "What the hell." And I'll be a monkey's uncle if this isn't just the best lipstick. It's smooth, it's neutral, it makes my lips look SO PLUMP, and it's incredibly moisturizing without being sticky. It's easily the silkiest lipstick texture I've ever come across. It's the jackpot of MLBB with a little bit more oomph - MLBS (My Lips But Sexier).

I think there might have been something to her obsession...I've used two of them in three months. I believe you now, Mom.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My 2nd fave Clinique lipstick (All Heart has my own heart I am afraid!), but this is a wonderful pinky beige color with microfine silver glittery shimmer. Definitely unique with most nudes falling into a category of too brown or too pink where this is zen! Jordana's chubby lipgloss in Nude Chic is a cheaper DS doppelgänger on me (but caveat emptor this may not be your experience),

This Clinique Lipstick in "Bamboo Pink" is okay. Since all of Clinique's products are allergy tested, this lipstick is probably one of the healthiest ones I own and is a great protector for your lips! The shade is not too dark or too light; it is the perfect berry color! This lipstick also lasts for a very long time, but it can make it seem like your lips are huge, so don't apply an overload of this product. The packaging isn't very good. Whenever I travel with this product, the cap always falls off, so be aware of this when purchasing. I would not buy this product again only because I have fair skin, and this color is a tad too dark on me. Overall, this product is decent and good for the price.

on 7/2/2013 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My new favorite lip color! I received this is the GWP and I am in love! It is a great color for any skin tone. Gives you a little something something without being to obvious! Great for a day at the beach!

I don't usually MUA reviews on lipcolors, but I am making an exception for this. Got this as a Gift with Purchase for my Clinique purchase and I love it so much that when I used it up, I bought another tube....my sis loves it too and "borrows" it from me