A-Derma Exomega Emollient Balm

A-Derma Exomega Emollient Balm

4.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LIFE SAVER! After suffering a huge allergic reaction due to a foundation, the dermatologist reccomended this product to me. I've been using this product reliously for almost a month now, and it has TRUELY safed my skin. I have also noticed that it has closed my pores a little. It is very emollient hence the name so it is something to wear alone without makeup. The dermatologist suggested using this morning, afternoon and night. Once my skin heals, I will use it only at nights to avoid dry, irritated skin. HG Status 100%

This is a skin saving product. A couple of years ago I've suffered from slight frostbite (both hands) and since then as soon as temperature is less than 5 degrees C, my hands get red, dry and itchy, my skin peels and cracks. This moisturizer is one of the few I've tried that didn't further irritate it. It is softening, soothing and moisturizing. I use it on my face when my skin is dry (especially during winter months). It's non-sticky and absorbs very fast. It's like a soothing compress- it's a pleasure to use it. A-Derma products are a no fail for me. HG status for sure. <3

on 11/19/2015 5:20:00 PM

I have repurchased. This cream has saved my winter skin. Every winter I would get red patches on my face. Last winter was the first winter in a long time I did NOT have these patches despite being a long, colder than usual Canadian winter.

I can use this under my eyes.

Pros: New packaging allows paraben-free, preservative formula.
Contains Realba oat plantlets, Filaxerine and B3. Very soothing for sensitive skin.

I paid $22.99 Cdn for a 200 ml tube. IIRC regular cost is $28.00. I purchased from Shoppers Drug Mart.

No fragrance.

Ingredients:

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-12, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Sterate, PEG-100, Sterate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose Oil). Myreth-3, Myristate Cyclohexasiloxane , Polycrylamide, Niacinamide, 10-Hydroxydecenoic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) leaf/stem extract, BHT, C13-14, Isoparaffin, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-7, Sodium Acetate, Tocopherol.

Previous formula had Squalane and silicones (as per previous review below from Gingerrama)

Thumbs down for customer service from the manufacturer. I emailed asking for a list of ingredients. The response was "the package has the ingredients." Website should have ingredient listing, IMO.

on 9/20/2010 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very good fairly simple emollient balm. Feels very like Exoméga Cream: the main difference is that the Cream contains cyclomethicone, whereas the Balm doesn't and has dimethicone instead. Main actives: (water), mineral oil, shea butter, glycerin, dimethicone, evening primrose oil, squalane, oat stem extract, assorted standard emollients... Claims its useful operational parts are "Rhealba Oat Plantlets extract" and "Filaxérine--combining an original filaggrin-inducing agent and Omega 6 essential fatty acids--and vitmain B3."

Can be used all over, face and body; in summer I prefer the more fluid Lotion version on larger expanses of body (or indeed various other lotions, such as Shi Kai Borage Dry Skin Therapy). I tried Exoméga out on the face and throat, but it's too heavy and shea-heavy on my skin; staying with A-Derma's basic Skin Cream, over or mixed with a couple of drops of oil if need be (DIY multi-purpose blend; see notepad for current version). But: any of the Exoméga range would be worth a try on seriously dry facial skin, though.

Bonus [UPDATE fall 2011]: works well as an eye cream! Currently using Exoméga balm for that, and as general moisturiser for hands and body.

The Exoméga Balm, like the Skin Care Cream, works nicely on patches of flaky dry skin: apply a thin layer, don't rub in, leave it to absorb.

Unscented, UPDATE but not cruelty-free, sustainably-produced, decently ethical company. Here in Canada, in London Drugs. Costs around CAD 18.00-28.00 for 200 ml. No parabens (but does have other preservatives, not to worry).

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, PEG-12, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Squalane, Niacinamide, 10-Hydroxydecenoic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) leaf/stem extract, Benzoic Acid, BHT, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-7, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Sodium Acetate, Tocopherol. continued >>

on 5/31/2013 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

only used this for a few days, and alredy im in love

ita GREAT, chnaged my life

on 3/5/2013 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This balm brings back the moisture back into verry dry skin! It penetrates quickly into the skin,it moisturizes the skin verry nicely,it's not greasy at all! I use this on my dry elbows,and it works! I use this on my face in the winter and on my body! Perfect for winter! Love it!

Popular Moisturizers