55%
package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I was really surprised when I bought this. I've read a lot of great reviews of this product and thought why not try it out. It wouldn't hurt to. I was amazed on how well it applied on, the colour was more jet black than any of my other low end and high end mascaras. It did flake a little but was not a significant problem. The brush was very standard but it really helped to get into every single lash. Although I find it a bit harsh around my waterline as it is quite spiky at the ends of the bristles. Either than that, great mascara!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

1.0

6 years ago

This is the worst mascara I have ever encountered. The formula is dry and barely adheres to the bristles. It flakes without mercy. I look like I had flecks of ground black pepper under my eyes. The wear is laughable at less than 4 hours. Maybe I got a defective product. Or maybe it was just that pitiful. Its only saving grace is its extra large wand which kinda looks like a Christmas tree. If only it had a better formula, this mascara would've packed a punch.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

6 years ago

OMG I just bought and tried the "Lash Mania RE-LOADED" and it is freckin' amazing!! I receive soooo much VOLUME and JET black pigment! I canNOT believe it only cost $5.65 too. The only reason why I am even taking a star off is b/c it (well mine) anyways smells kind of like Great Lash so toxic, so I know I can't keep it the full 3 months but will simply re-purchase after 6wks or so like I do with Great Lash b/c it's so cheap. I honestly just put on one coat and my usually skimpy (yet long) lashes look ten times fuller. It comes out quite thickly, so may not be for those who like nice neat separated lashes, or maybe it's how I applied it, I don't know but it's a bottle of va-va volume galore. Love it!! UPDATE: 7rl mo. later bought Lash Mania Waterproof - be careful as I've lost lashes after only 2 straight days of use, altho it is ok for occasion for my watery eyes. Only 3 for WP...

About reviewer (334 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

I'm extremely impressed with this mascara! It gives me lots of length and it's incredibly black. Was previously using Jordana Best Lash Extreme but this is even better than that IMO. This gives more length than volume, and gives the lashes a very separated and clean look which I love. Lasts throughout the day with no fallouts for me. 5 stars!! Ps: Thank you Chloe Morello! :)

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

1.0

7 years ago

I had heard great things about this, and was very excited to find it. It's extremely inexpensive (I believe I paid less than $4 for my tube), and I loved how it looked on my lashes. It definitely lived up to the hype in that department. However, I have never tried a mascara that flaked as much as this did (I have had some that start to flake when they dry up, but this was a brand new tube). Every time I looked in a mirror during the day, I would have to wipe an unacceptable amount of black flakes away from under my eyes. It happened immediately after application, and never stopped. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing this again.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

9 years ago

So far, my worst experience with Essence mascaras, which I really love in general. this mascara dried really quickly in the tube. when I applied it, it made my lashes too chunky and it did not lenghten enough. also, the brush is huge and this did not allow me to reach all the lashes. I won't buy it again, probably I need a different formula because my lashes are pretty long and curly, and this mascara was a bit too heavy. also, essence has so many kinds I like more than this one, and the prices are so cheap that I don't feel like I should give it another try...

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

9 years ago

This is a good regular mascara, I did find it dried out rather quickly though. Not my HG, as it did not lengthen and define as much as I would like (but it did add volume!).

About reviewer (870 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I think I have done it. This is HG. And for mascara, that is just HUGE in my book as I have tried over 50 different types and this is as close to perfection for me as it could possibly can get. I have stubby, stick straight Asian lashes. I do use a primer with this by Canmake to hold my curl better, but I use this primer with every mascara and I have the best results with this mascara. My requirements for a great mascara is that; 1) be cheap, I go through them fast 2) easy to purchase 3) hold curl, be somewhat stiff after drying as this is how the curl is held 4) dry fast after applied 5) doesn't flake/ smudge 6) relatively easy to remove, as my primer makes any mascara stick a little too well Lash Mania does it ALL. This is $3.99 at my Ulta and although I will have to travel a bit to get this, the only Ulta around here is a bit far away, but I can always order online. I am so impressed with this. I tried HE, drugstore and a lot of the Japanese brands. With everything weighed in (i.e. cost, wear etc) this is the best. This is suppose to be a dupe for Dior Show and I tried Dior Show and this hold curl SO much better and the application is easier. It is quite wet, but dries quickly. Try this.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBrown

10 years ago

This might be my new HG mascara! It is a nice glossy black. I thought the brush might be too big to be effective, but it turns out that it does an awesome job at volumizing at the lash roots, and then does a great job lengthening as well. This is $3.99 at ULTA. I'm not sure where else you can purchase this brand, ULTA is the only place I've seen it so far. I would rec this to anyone looking for an inexpensive and effective mascara. EDIT: I still think this is an overall decent mascara. However, this doesn't do anything for holding curl throughout the day :(

About reviewer (699 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool