Essie Sew Psyched

Essie Sew Psyched
Sew PsychedSew PsychedEssie Sew PsychedEssie's Sew Psyched

4.4

on 3/22/2017 12:04:00 PM

I actually bought this a long time ago, like 4 years. I still have it and recently dug it out of my collection because army/olive green is on trend I wanted to try this out again. I liked it but I didn't like it at the same time when I first got it because I was unsure of the color so I only wore it a few times. I've worn it maybe 3 or 4 times since digging it out in the fall. I like the color, it's an army/olive/sage green mix with a hint of grey. I see a little shimmer in the bottle but not much once it's on my nails. But, I don't really like the formula. It's so thin. I'm not sure if my issue is because it's old or not because I haven't liked Essie in the past because of how thin their formula tends to be. Also, I've noticed that my nails chip a lot these days because I use my hands a lot. But, I painted my nails this color Monday night and by Tuesday at 10:00 or 11:00 am, not 24 hours and I barely used my hands that morning as I was slow at work, and it was already chipping off the tip of two of my nails so I just peeled it all off. I rarely buy essie polish because I hate their thin formulas, I like it to be a little thicker. I like the color but I guess this is something I can only wear for a day or two, which I don't mind TOO much because most times my nails are black and if they are ever anything else I usually only have it on for a few days anyways, but if it chips like crazy that annoys me because then I get no wear time out of it. Will try it again and use the bottle up, or try to, but won't buy again. I'm sure I can find a similar color somewhere in a better formula.

on 10/5/2016 9:54:00 AM

Sew Psyched is a boon of raiding my ANC-addicted mother's polish collection, and I am...so psyched I found it...

The color looks basic but is really very interesting and pretty. The deep green tone is lightened to a cross between olive and sage while a very slight silvery shimmer adds a hard-to-pinpoint ethereal quality along with skewing it more neutral. It's perfect for this time of year - and so flattering on the hand, especially for me, with skin so olive a light sage green gives me mannequin hands.

I found the formula a tad runny but easy to apply (I got a little cuticle flooding but it was my bad), nearly opaque in one coat (2 looks best), and lasts well.

on 11/14/2013 2:47:00 PM

Looooooooooove this one. It's like a beautiful silvery sage green. Unless you're in an ultra conservative law firm type of environment, it is work appropriate yet still edgy. It goes with all of your fall & winter clothing choices. I've had it on for 4 days and it has looked great with each outfit. That's the other thing-- I've had it on for 4 days, topped with the humble NYC Grand Central Station topcoat & it is still looking great. Two easy coats and you're ready to go for the work week.

on 3/4/2013 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is probably my favorite nail polish in my collection. I have medium slightly olive skin, and this color compliments my skin tone so well. The color is a khaki green with a gray undertone and very slight silver shimmer that can make the color look grayish in certain light. This is a very unique polish color, which is why I gave it the full five stars. I agree with other reviewers who say this may not suit those with a cooler skin tone. The formula on Essie polishes always gives me the longest wear time, about 5-7 days with tip wear but no chips (I wash my hands very frequently, do dishes, type on the computer, etc.). I found this polish to be a little on the thicker side for Essie's formula, and the dry time slightly longer. It is opaque in two medium coats. I would not recommend applying this in thick coats because it will bubble, the formula as I mentioned is on the thicker side. I did put one drop of thinner in it right when I got it because initially the formula was thicker than what I like to work with. Overall, I love this polish and after having it for over a year and a half, it still applies good as new! I'm wearing it right now with Illamasqua Mottle on my ring finger/accent nail as a nice spring polish look.

on 8/19/2013 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this colour - it's a muted medium dark sage green colour with a hint of gray. I have the classic formula not the new one that's available in the UK with a wider brush. I know some people prefer that formula and wider brush but for me the classic is just as nice. The narrow brush means that I can get a flawless application with little overspill onto the cuticles that need to be corrected. The formula is great - it flows nicely, evens out and is opaque is almost one coat but needs two for perfect finish. I think this colour is really sophisticated in a modern way because its not bright or loud in any way. I have olive skintone and this really looks good against it but I think it would suit most skintones depending on your personal preference. Overall, I could not recommend this polish enough.

on 4/27/2016 4:31:00 AM

Wore this for the first time recently,'my first venture into army greens and I was pleasantly surprised at how wearable it was. Nice easy formula, opaque in 1-2 coats, army green with a hint of grey and a shimmer transforms this into a very wearable colour that is happily wear to work. Loved the colour and the formula.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I'm not normally someone who wears dark nail polishes. In fact dark polishes look pretty bad on me so I always go with light or bright colours. And since Essie is so darn expensive here in NZ (we are talking $24 NZD a bottle, which is like $19USD), I've never had the urge to buy any Essie polishes unless I find them at a makeup sale

So at the latest makeup clearance sale, I got the chance to swatch Sew Psyched. I really wasn't expected much and was very pleasantly surprised. It's a beautiful khaki that applies very smoothly. The polish is very opaque and you can get a great coverage with 2 coats. It's not streaky by any means. What impresses me the most is the colour since it looks so good on my short nails and it's just so sophisticated so it's perfect for work.

I'm really happy with this purchase and would buy again if the bottle runs out (which probably will never happen) and I can find it for cheap again

on 12/14/2012 6:00:00 PM

I love this color. It's a muted, silvery sage green and the application is beautiful. I like Essie nail polishes. I find the creamy formula easy to apply, opaque in 1-2 coats, and I like the smaller brush and cap because my nailbeds are small. I also like the square bottles as they are easy to store and I can fit many more Essie np in a box than round bottles that flare at the top or base like OPI, China Glaze, etc.

This color is a nice neutral and great on its own, but it's also a great base color for layering. I've used it under clear/holo glitters such as ButterLondon Tart w/a Heart (the green in the base makes the blue reflect beautifully), special effect nail polish such as Essie Pure Pearlfection and CND Raspberry Sparkle (a great dupe of RBL Halcyon). I also like it with nail tattoos in muted colors from BigRuby and it looks great with a matte top coat. I've heard it's a dupe of one of the Chanel LE polishes Khaki collex (Khaki Vert?) but I don't have any to compare it with.

I would definitely buy this polish again and highly recommend it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this neutral colour. It's a grey/army green colour that looks fabulous and goes with a lot of outfits, IMO. It also stays on for sooo long and I even have a tendency to bite my nails. It's gorgeous! Love wearing it to school or for a night out. Repurchase!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've heard so many good things about Essie nail varnishes, so I finally decided to give in to the hype and try a colour. So I picked up this one and "Not Just a Pretty Face" - another fabulous colour for spring. I love the colour, it's a muted army green which is not something I'd usually go for but I love it. I usually just use Barry M polishes, as they're cheap and the colours are pretty, but they do chip really easily. This has last a good few days and is still perfect. I will be looking to purchase some more of these. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Popular Polishes