Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

No Image

4.3

on 1/26/2017 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Grey Vetiver is a very classy scent from Tom Ford. I know of men and women who wear this. The EDP is a bit richer, whereas the EDT has more of a fresh vibe to it. I like the EDT more in the summer, and the EDP in the colder months. The scent is fresh but woody at the same time, and very elegant. Highly recommended!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample of this and, once again, Tom Ford absolutely kills it. I feel like this is echoed everywhere in reviews but Grey Vetiver truly is THE modern vetiver that other vetiver fragrances aspire to be. Even if you dislike vetiver, you have to give this a try. It captures all the pleasant aspects of vetiver while avoiding the bracing bitterness that often comes with it. There's a bit of soapiness, and even a pinch of salt, but these extras accompany the star of the show rather than mask it. The drydown is especially excellent: it's spicy, woody, herby perfection. This is a sleek, clean, professional-smelling fragrance. It seems as if it was made for trendy, fashion-conscious businessmen. But seriously, screw gender categorizations, tbh. Nobody should feel limited to wearing only a fraction of perfumes solely because of marketing. Anyway, the super fresh character of this fragrance probably does push this into a comfortable unisex territory for most people.

This doesn't last very long on me, and the sillage is subtle. At least it is at a relatively affordable price point compared to TF Private Blends. Personally, I wouldn't buy a full size for myself, but if I smell this on a man - oh my godddd.

on 4/23/2016 8:46:00 PM

My boyfriend uses this as his signature scent and seriously this is one of the best men's cologne/perfume i have ever smelled. this lasts all day and doesnt have that really strong intoxicating scent that some men's cologne tend to have. this smells really sexy and woody (however at first it may smell spicy but it'll go away after a few minutes) and really all you need is 2 spritz and that will last on you throughout the day. this perfume is also perfect for women who tend to gravitate towards more masculine scents as well. this smells so classy clean and also smells like youre a million bucks (at least thats how i feel). the drydown scent makes you feel like you want to cuddle up in front of a fireplace.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I hover between Grey Vetiver and Chanel 19 as being "me in a bottle". I have always loved Vetiver scents (before I even knew what vetiver was). I am 47 and remember myself at the men's side of the fragrance counters at 14 years old looking for the perfect "me" scent. Grey Vetiver starts out sharp and metallic, but it doesn't take long to warm up on my skin and an earthy, almost musky note takes hold. The longevity is amazing on me (I can still smell this on my skin the next morning). It is clean without florals or citrus. It isn't masculine to my nose, but just smells good. I've gone through several bottles of different Vetiver fragrances, but this is the one I keep coming back to. It is gentle and modern. This, to me, is what a clean, "normal" human body smells like. This will continue to be a part of my arsenal for years to come!

on 5/6/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite fragrances ever for men. Vetiver is so sexy and Tom Ford does it well. This is so modern and sophisticated. It makes me feel dressed up, like I'm wearing a suit, but it is good for casual wear too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I know this is a men's cologne, but this is the perfect scent for women who don't like typical "ladies" fragrances. A simple but sophisticated scent, green and smoky, makes me want to wear cashmere sweaters and high heels. Classic and luxurious, but still modern ( which I guess is kind of Tom Ford's 'thing'). Comes on a bit strong with the first spray, but dies down to a comfortable, warm and sexy perfume that only people sitting right beside you will smell. I have gotten so many compliments from friends, and even strangers while wearing this ( from waitresses, people on the train, and one time while I was being fitted for a bra...), and I think it's because this is so different from what most women choose for perfume. I'd say try it on at sephora a couple times to see how it interacts with your chemistry, because it is a bit pricey, although not terrible for a TF brand. The bottle is simple and masculine, frosted glass with a silver cap, nothing fancy, but pretty and retro enough to have out on your vanity. Wear almost every day, will buy again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Received a sample of this fragrance and although it's considered a men's fragrance (I believe),I fell in love with it almost instantly. It's wonderful from the moment of application but as it melds with the skin,it becomes utterly luscious and divine. It's a difficult fragrance to describe...think crisp woodsy green,a bit of citrus with a smokey,leather like top note. Does that make any sense? For women who like unusual fragrances,this is a good one. If your husband or significant other likes it as well,it's a big win-win! Check ebay for the sample size if you can't find it anywhere else. I like it better than several of his women's fragrances,(Black Orchid and Violet Blonde),although they are wonderful as well. I'm definitely a Tom Ford fan. (If you ever get the chance,try the Tom Ford/Estee Lauder oil spray...The best!)

on 5/13/2012 3:59:00 PM

Makes me want to dress like Katherine Hepburn; or at least buy a great pair of gray suede loafers. Very modern and clean take on vetiver. Here it is more smoky and flint like, sort of how an unlit match smells; as opposed to a "dirty" vetiver (an example being Tauers Pentachord Verdant).
Top notes are pale smoke cooled and uplifted by white grapefruit and perhaps a bit of orange blossom. The middle notes are least appealing to me, there is a slight soapiness that emerges for about 30 minutes. Luckily, a beautifully done dry orris root and some oakmoss come in to round things out; making the drydown cool and smooth.
In my opinion, this is a unisex scent. If you're a gal who loves Bvlgari Black, you'll wear Grey Vetiver without hesitation. I know I will.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Clean. Classic. Smoky. Vetiver. Not as soapy or loud as Guerlain. Just right. The perfect companion to Violet Blonde.

on 12/17/2011 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Spritzed this on at Nordy's the other day. Smelled exactly like Guerlain Vetiver with an ever-so-slightly cleaner drydown. A no-go for me.

Popular Fragrances