Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this product on the walmart website because of all the hype. bottom line if you're medium or dark tone do not buy this product it makes your face look very ashy and leaves a white cast and if im putting on powder i dont see the use of setting my foundation with this then having to go back with a darker powder to get rid of the whitecast its to much powder and will make u look old and dried up. If you got some color stay away

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ohh this powder has never failed me! It's a timeless classic that works so well. I had only ever used the translucent extra coverage. The container always lasts me over a year! You just cannot go wrong with this! Always one of my hg!! :)

on 9/25/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Been using this powder for about a month now with no problems. I've stopped using foundation and press it over my moisturizer with spf. Wait a few then buff with a kabuki. Looks better than anything i've ever used. I'm 67 and this gives my face a flawless finish. Couldn't be happier to find that less is more. I don't mind the smell. At least the fragrance doesn't choke me like some perfumes people wear, ugh!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I heard some good things about this product on YouTube. I mainly purchased with the intent of using as a setting powder for under my eyes and maybe to control some shine in my t-zone. I purchased the regular version of this in translucent. I hear there's a sensitive skin formula, which I wish I would have seen at the store. I got mine at Wal-mart for around $7.00 USD with taxes. It does come with tons of product so I thought that was a very good price.

The product is very heavily scented. This has been on the market for many, many years and it sure smells like an old lady's perfume! It's very strong. I don't care for it, but it wears away after time. The powder itself is lovely and very finely milled. It does help set my make up well. My biggest gripe is that it broke me out. I have very sensitive skin so it's probably the fragrance that's in the product causing the irritation. I had to get rid of it. I would maybe buy the sensitive skin version in the future. Truth be told I prefer pressed powders way more. Less messy.

on 8/3/2016 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have this in Translucent - Extra Coverage and I can't praise this powder enough, I simply adore it!! I just want to stock it up, but I don't think I'll ever even run out! I have combination skin, but in the summer and during my period, my skin oils up like no other. I've tried the ELF HD powder, the Rimmel Stay Matte, nothing worked. I don't even need them to keep me matte, that's impossible and I've accepted that, but they can't even keep my makeup from breaking up on my skin. I finally gave in and bought this one, since I heard great things about it, and I figured for 65 grams of powder, what the hell.
And now, I'm determined to use up every last bit of that 65 grams with all my might! Yep the packaging is cumbersome and flimsy, it's hard to take around but for daily use, but I don't NEED to, because it sets my makeup so well that just blotting every 2-3 hour will keep me looking good all day, no need for any extra powder. It doesn't keep me completely shine free, but the finish is a very nice satin finish (after soaking in with my skin about 30 minutes after initial application) and a natural, skin like finish throughout the day. I usually use this to set my entire face, save for the under eye and just a light dusting on my blemishes, because it can look very thick under my eyes and I find too much powder on blemishes only make them stand out even more. My favourite way to apply it is with the BH Cosmetics 124 (in the Sculpt & Blend 2 set), it's a perfect size and firmness, substantial enough so I can use the brush to really push the powder into the oilier area like my forehead, on the sides of my nose and my chin, and I just lightly pat on the rest of my face, because elsewhere I'm quite dry so there's no need for much powdering. The huge, fluffy brushes like Real Techniques Powder brush also works, but it applies too lightly for my taste and not as targeted in certain areas as I'd like. Once I really went it and tried the buffing technique with this powder, using a flat top brush. Sadly, it looked quite thick and my skin looked so dry, after sitting on my skin a while and soaked up some oil, it got a bit better but still very obvious on the skin. I guess that's what the "Extra Coverage" is there for, but on the bright side, even though the colour seemed several shades and tones off from my own, it doesn't affect the colour of my foundation or concealer at all. Anyway, the really amazing thing is, later that day, I went out and it rained heavily. I was pelted in the face huge droplets of water, yet when I got home and blotted my face, there was absolutely NO transfer of powder or foundation onto the napkin (as always when I use this powder, and that's another great thing about it), and in the mirror, my skin looked perfect! I was so shocked! I figured my skin must be too dry to pile too much of this powder on, but with careful, patient, gradual layering and lots of hydrating mist/spray, it might still work.
The texture of the powder is not the smoothest, but it's ok, since it's loose powder anyway, it's not chunky or blotchy either. It photographs wonderfully, I never got any flash back with this (nasty white cast was the reason why the ELF one was such a fail for me). I've read that even this "translucent" one can look ashy on PoC with deeper skin tones. Luckily,this doesn't clash with my skin tone, and I'm Asian with pale yellow skin, about NC10 with no pink, more yellow and slightly greenish undertone too. The scent is really really strong and dominating, it even soaks into my brushes, I don't think I could ever get the smell of it completely off any of my powder brushes and even the plastic jars I used to store this powder in any more. But I can't smell it once I apply it to my face, and for the wonders it does for my makeup, I can live with that.
Once I run out of this jar (as if! I don't bake my under eye, as I said it's too thick and mattifying for that; it's gonna take me a loooooong time), I think I will want to try the more yellow leaning versions of this like Muted Beige, I hope it will work the same but with some more coverage closer to my skin tone. I heard they're just not the same as the Translucent one so that's quite worrying. But like, for the joy that it brings, Coty can take my money. Have that 6 bucks, I don't care! Will definitely repurchase, without a doubt.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have skin and prefer a highlighted under eye. This powder sets the concealer to avoid it from moving or creasing while at the same time giving my a lighter cast under my eyes which I enjoy. I don't not recommend setting the entire face with this powder as it can make you a appear ashy is over applied. Also throughout the day I do not find that it blocks the oil from resurfacing. I can't say I love the packaging but it's very affordable for I'll live with it.

on 4/20/2016 4:29:00 PM

I have literally had my Coty Airspun for like 10 years. I am about 1/2 finished with the cardboard tub (not even sure they make the cardboard container anymore). I use it about 3x per week. I paid around $6 for it I think? So yeah, great value.

It has a velvety, slightly heavier finish than more "modern" powders. However it doesn't LOOK heavy on the skin, though you will look "powdered." It is an excellent mattifier, adds additional coverage (even if you get a translucent shade), maybe to the extent of many mineral foundations, and lasts all day. I adore the scent.

It doesn't blur or any of that fancy nowadays business but it's a quality product. As much as I love to look at the packaging, it makes a holy hell of a mess.

It's one of those that has a little bit of magic to it.

on 4/13/2016 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I just received this in the mail yesterday - this is the BEST powder I have ever used.

First off, this is an extremely finely milled powder and my other powder such as Ben Nye, Covergirl, Maybelline and even the ever so popular RCMA no color powder cannot compare whatsoever, especially in texture. Everyone seems to complain about the smell, I honestly really can't say I dislike it - I find it quite pleasant and luxurious feeling overall when I apply it.

This powder will definitely fly everywhere if you try using the puff it comes with, I turn the packaging over and tap the powder so it falls into the lid and then scoop it out with a damp beauty blender. I only poked through half of the little holes on the sifter and I find this really helps with controlling the amount of powder that comes out and saves me product. This is fantastic both for setting and baking. I have mine in the shade "translucent extra coverage" and it's the perfect neutral shade for my NW20 skin tone.

Only downfall is that it is not available in Canada so I have to order it off of Ebay for marked up prices, but for the quality I don't mind it one bit and just order in bulk. That said - this powder is gigantic and will last you forever as (65g) per jar is A LOT.

My skin tends to get flaky and dehydrated during this time of the year with weather changes and literally every other powder I own has caked up on me lately and emphasized my dry patches except this one. I even baked with this today and piled it on and my skin not only feels baby soft and smooth but my pores have practically vanished its as if I'm airbrushed. I cannot say enough good things about this powder, I already know I will most likely be using this for the rest of my life. I am curious if the translucent shade is any different in color, I might give that one a go as well or in the coming summer months I may try the "suntan" and "rosy beige" shades.

Coty, you NEED to bring this amazing product to Canada PLEASE. Will continue to repurchase and use boat loads of! 5 lippies!! :)

on 2/3/2016 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has a lot of good reviews, but I don't really understand why. It's slightly better then Laura Mercier's Translucent Powder, which I did not like at all. This powder is easy to apply and keeps me matte for slightly longer than the LM, but not very long. It isn't that effective using the Wayne Goss method, either. It also has a terrible grandma smell. I don't think others can smell it, but it hurts my head when I wear it and makes my brushes smell. Lastly, it makes my skin itch. Will not be repurchasing and I'm sending it back to Amazon.

on 10/18/2015 10:01:00 PM

I purchased this before in Translucent. While it kept my makeup bullet proof , I decided to look for something more flash photography friendly for my olive/tan skin tone . Nope nothing compared to it . Luckily I figured out Translucent Extra Coverage was a better option for me . Everthing the same I love this powder , but even better this shade doesn't flash back on me . I definitely recomend it I have combination oily skin , NC40 for reference and I use this in Translucent Extra Coverage :)