Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 11/5/2017 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Smells way too strong for me to wear, that of an old lady as everyone talks about. Gives me a headache whenever I apply and makes my stomach hurt. Besides its strong LINGERING scent (I actually have it on as I'm writing this review), it has flashback on my medium toned skin, I absolutely hate which eventually led to me tossing it. On the other hand it's very inexpensive, you get a huge amount, and it's great for oil control as with any powder. As much as I wanted to love this and join the bandwagon, I just can't stand the smell 😷

on 12/27/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this powder! I've been using it for baking my concealer. It works really well!!! I must admit though , I'm a little concerned about the talc. I'll need to do some more research.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

As Im nearing my mid thirties powder started to make me look much older than iam..... After being told by several friends to lose the powder in order to look my age or younger I was mortified. I had always loved wearing powder. I had purchased this several times in 18 years but it always was lost or stolen. So after reading rave reviews and reading Dita von Teese uses it as body makeup I decided to try it again. I bought translucent extra coverage and I'm so happy I did. This powder looks great clean and soft and dosent settle in and enhance any fine lines. I love the scent and it dosent make me break out. This is my new HIgh and far as powders go. No wonder it's stood the test of time since the 1920s!!!

on 1/31/2016 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG setting powder!! I absolutely love it! It doesn't dry me out or get patchy. It's perfect for baking! I tried the Laura Mercier and the Ben Nye and it would dry my undereye so bad making me look old and bringing out my fine lines. It does have a really strong scent and when I first started using it, it would bother me a lot about after a while you get used to it and for the quality and quantity you get for that price it's well worth it!! I love it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

***UPDATE 02/04/2017***
Changed rating from 4 to 3, this was definitely something that caused some skin issues for me. I didn't think it did for the longest time but since testing out the Laura Mercier loose powder I noticed how much more comfortable my skin felt while wearing makeup with it versus the Coty. Pretty sure the fragrance in this irritates my skin. Definitely much prefer the Laura Mercier.
_________________________

I was very surprised with this powder. I've been using this off and on for 1 1/2 years and it's something I keep coming back to. I have this in Naturally Neutral and it lightens my foundation a little (NC37-40) but I use bronzer so I don't mind. I have very oily skin, I've tried a lot of powders ranging from high end to drugstore and this powder is one of the best at controlling oil and making your makeup really last (it's right up there with Tarte Smooth Operator). The thing I love most about it though, is its ability to cover pores and texture so well. It honestly does it better than any powder I've used in recent years which really wowed me. I have some minor texture scarring from old acne on the lower half of my cheeks and this smooths them out to the point where they're barely noticeable and my skin looks even. I also notice this evens out the look of pimples quite a bit. Under very harsh lighting and another time at a resturaunt one day my sister commented how smooth my skin looked and both times I had this powder on. So it really does help even out the surface but it doesn't really provide coverage. It's pretty finely milled but I wouldn't say super finely milled. It does have a bit of heft but I wouldn't say it's a super heavy powder neither. It does make your skin feel super smooth and perfectly set though. Now, I have a very differentiating opinion when it comes to using this under your eyes to set or "bake". I don't like it under my eyes at all. It makes it look dry and crepey. I don't have bad fine lines, my eye area isn't that dry and I moisturize well but it's just too heavy for that area in my opinion. So I set my undereyes with a different powder. This has a very strong scent to it but the scent doesn't stay on your face. I'd say it completely goes away within 20-30 minutes. I also have sensitive, acne prone, highly reactive skin and this doesn't break me out (though I do use primer and a lot of foundation underneath). Overall, this is one of my favorite loose powders. There's just something about it that beats others. I can never find something that blurs my pores and smooths my texture while making my makeup last quite like this one does. I will say, my favorite way to use this is to mix it with other powders to make them smooth out my skin even better. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love it !!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is an interesting product. There's a ton of powder in the container. I would be surprised if I ever have to buy this within the next couple of years. This is really good for photographs. It's doesn't give the slight cast that can happen with other finishing powders. It seems translucent enough that it doesn't make the skin ashy.

What is unique about the powder is the finish. I can't really describe it. I don't think it has any shimmer, but it's not really matte. The best way I can describe it is lustrous, like a pearl. I don't know if that makes sense but that's what I think of of I see the finish. It's almost like it blurrs the lines and imperfections on your face.

As for the smell, well I happen to like it a lot. It just feels so vintage. Then again, I tend to like old lady perfumes. It really only smells when you first apply it, then it fades.

on 9/18/2012 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was recommended this by a friend and I have to say, it's been in my regime for almost a year now (most of my products last at most a few months). This product is more like an investment for many uses!

This product is ideal for setting tinted moisturizers or any type of BB cream. It's also perfect for setting any kind of foundation.

This product can also be used to set moisturizer on a bare face alone! It's truly unique. I have the translucent kind, and upon application, the white disappears leaving no ashy shadow (like others) and for some odd reason my imperfections seem to be blurred. Perfect for those "no-makeup days".

This product really is an investment because of how long it lasts! Some might be intimidated by the price tag ($8-11) like me but in the end, it really does pay off for itself. Like I said, this product has been in my everyday regime for almost a year and it looks like I barely touched it.

There are some cons though that should be noted.

The packaging is cute but it tends to be on the little bigger/heavier side which makes it hard for traveling. It also makes it hard to stay a bit sanitary because the powder tends to be blown by anything and I mean anything!

The scent also seems to be a bit strong, but after using it from day to day, I actually became accustomed to the scent and it doesn't bother me at all. If anything, I'm actually starting to like it!

In the end, I would recommend this product to anyone! Dry or oily, this investment should really be considered. This will be the only translucent powder I will ever buy. Grab one!

on 6/14/2012 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I just ran out of Avon translucent loose powder which I love translucent powders because im nc40 and they not change the color of the my foundations. I remember my mom and older sister used to use this powder back in the 80s to set their maxfactor makeup, this powder is blast from the past! My family bought translucent and also used it as a body powder to stay dry. So I bought this to set my revlon colorstay, and boy is it cakey, like old lady cakey. I look like lucille ball. I prefer a sightly satin finish, then I tried this with a thinner foundation amd its just as cakey, hmm... Maybe I will use it as a body powder this summer...lol or throw it away since the scent it annoying and made in china too. Thats what I get for being curious.

on 11/16/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder has been around for a lifetime and with just cause, its pretty amazing stuff. As like many other reviewers have mentioned it is assessable, affordable, and dam good. Works wonderfully as a setting powder or alone to mattify the face. The smell reminds me of old hollywood glamour and disapates soon after application. And not to mention one of these may last you more than 2 years because you only need the smallest amount. HG for sure.