Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 9/21/2018 3:51:00 PM

Oh Dear God, 070-24 Translucent is back. I couldn't find the original lavender-scented powder for nearly a decade around here, all that I could find was Extra Coverage Translucent at walmart, which was very orange on my pale skin. This was the only powder I used from my late 20s through about age 40 and I missed it for years!

Yes, the powder has a strong scent, but it does dissipate rapidly. I prefer pressed powder but this is my #1 when I can find it, I am glad it is milled finely if it has to be loose powder. Generally in the fall I need to shop for translucent powder that won't make me look sickly pale or too orange or peach toned, which is difficult with the usual drug store or Target brands, I guess manufacturers don't believe anyone is as pale as I am or that maybe pale people like to look orange or something. I don't wear a mask of makeup, only to even out dark spots and keep the oily shine away. I am thrilled, even though the people of walmart opened most of the four available packages and broke or spilled them. Jerks. There were more choices on the rack than I've been used to seeing in recent years and it's a good thing I looked because now I have my HG powder again. Huzzah!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Smells wonderful

on 9/7/2018 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Firstly, I did not purchase this. It was given to me as a gift. I would not purchase unless this powder becomes cruelty free. But, coming from strictly a stance of reviewing the product itself, I have to say that this is possibly the best powder I've ever used. EVER.

I have the "Naturally Neutral" shade, which is a very light translucent. It doesn't really add any color, but I do find that it tones down the yellow undertones in my skin and gives almost a porcelain look, which I adore. I have used this for a couple days now to set my BB cream and my undereye concealer, and it works beautifully for both. It smooths my HAYUGE pores and really blurs the tiny fine lines under my eyes without emphasizing anything. I sometimes get dry patches, and this doesn't seem to accentuate them either. It's really awesome. It also contains no shimmer, but doesn't leave the skin looking dull.

This particular shade is scented, and while I don't mind it (it's got a nostalgic feel to it), it may be off-putting for some. It's quite floral and perfume-y.

The newer packaging doesn't have quite the vintage vibe of the old, but it's still dang good. It's not a screw-on lid, but I don't feel it's not secure or sturdy. It feels substantial. The sifter is actually decent in that it doesn't allow too much product to come out. This is mega helpful, as this is a very finely milled powder, so too much would make a mess. I can't really get on board with the puff it comes with, as it's a bit too wispy, but it does a good job of keeping the powder from escaping the sifter while the container is closed. I may purchase a large velour puff to keep in there instead, as I prefer a puff for application. That being said, this stuff does apply beautifully with a brush.

I've seen this go for $6 to $7, which is amazing since there's 2.3 ounces versus the e.l.f. loose powder that only amounts to 0.28 ounces. You're getting nearly ten times the amount that other loose powders on the market!

I really hope this becomes a cruelty-free brand, because even though it'll take me a million years to run out of this stuff, I would love to have the option to restock.

on 9/7/2018 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A friend recommend me this powder & after trying powder after powder after powder, this one is definitely my favorite! Nothing keeps me oil-free as long as this does! It doesn’t accentuate my pores, fine lines or forehead texture but I do try my best to be light-handed with it. If you have oily skin & you’re in the market for a setting powder, i highly recommend this one. It does have that “grandma” smell to it but it’s kinda soothing plus I didn’t notice it after a while so it doesn’t linger for long.

on 9/5/2018 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love! I have been using this product for about a week now (full coverage translucent) and I did not expect to love this so much. I was at first worried about this purchase when I patch tested this face powder next to my elf setting powder and saw that it wasn't as finely milled. I'm glad I tried it anyway because my make up has been looking absolutely phenomenal. I work at a tanning salon and it gets hot, and I'm running around like a crazy woman at times. with zero touch ups, I have very minimal creasing, only finding problem areas in between my brows and a crease on my nose. Is this product like MUFE HD powder? absolutely not. Is this far better value/more product/easier to distribute on the face? yes! Side note--I actually love the poof it comes with. I've been using it instead of a brush and I love it. I simply just pour the powder into the lid, and poof it on!

I remember when I was a kid my mom was excited to find this because her grandmother used it and it reminded her of her. Now I bought and use this cuz it reminds me of my mom. I love the fragrance. It makes me feel like a 60s housewife in a good way. It also sets my makeup and makes me look poreless. Too much and I look like a powdery mime so I have to be careful.

The packaging isn't the greatest. There is a mound of powder up over the sifter from it being sent to me in the mail. The puff it comes with picks up too much product so I use a powder brush. I wish Coty was cruelty free as well :(

on 8/1/2018 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this powder a lot. I suppose I'll list the reasons as for why that is, then list the cons.
-Doesn't leave a white cast on my medium-dark skin
-Makes all of my foundations last long
-Prevents creasing where I need it to
-I personally like the smell although a lot of people hate it

Now, the cons:
-Packaging (the shit just falls out if tilted - no way to close it)
-It can get reeeeal messy really quick
-Makes me cough sometimes
-Can look powdery if added too much (although a spritz of setting spray fixes that)

I'd also recommend HEAVILY that this be applied with a damp sponge. It removes the powderiness for the most part, and allows the powder to melt into the skin, and it looks really nice.
I should also say that I don't bake.

on 6/18/2018 1:19:00 AM

I love this for both functional and nostalgic reasons. I love the scent but it is a bit strong. Used alone it smooths out my skin fairly well but as a setting powder for foundation, my skin looks airbrushed and flawless. My only complaint is that when I use it over foundation I feel it sucks the moisture out of it after a couple of hours. Used alone over my daily face cream and sunscreen has never made my skin feel dry. I tend to like scented products so the smell doesn’t bother me but I’d like to try a fragrance free version. The color range is limited as well, so I don’t know if the translucent would really work for darker skin tones. The translucent makes me look washed out.

on 6/18/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So cakey, emphasized pores and fines lines, created under eye creases and makes your face look super powdery and heavy. Just no.
You can easily find better product .Too much perfume, contains mineral oil

on 6/17/2018 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I will be like another reviewer and give this powder a little credit for the size of the container and the price. It's widely available, and if you can deal with the fragrance, you can have a nice product for very little money!

But I cannot deal with the fragrance. I kept trying, because I am stubborn and/or have a bad memory, but finally I got wise and pitched this powder.

It's not like I don't like old-lady fragrances, because I love a surprising number of overly-fragranced products (Guerlain comes to mind). This is not one of them, sadly.