Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 6/18/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So cakey, emphasized pores and fines lines, created under eye creases and makes your face look super powdery and heavy. Just no.
You can easily find better product .Too much perfume, contains mineral oil

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm going to be fair and give this a 3 based on how it performs, the cost and the super large size you get. It's a very nice powder and if it works for you, the size alone makes this an amazing find. Some people suggest trying the extra coverage translucent or one of the colored powders if the translucent isn't enough coverage for you. If you can handle the smell, that might be the way to go for fuller coverage. I find that a very light dusting gives me a beautiful finish and I don't need to blot at all. The included pouf is actually a very helpful tool for application. I did not notice any oxidation or flashback while using this.

But the scent is a real dealbreaker for me. It doesn't smell unpleasant in the sense I can't use it, but the scent fills my house up when I open it. Hubby actually came upstairs to ask what spray I had used. It dissipates within 10 minutes but then comes back everytime I get warm, or the sun hits my face. Even that wouldn't bug me, but as the scent returns my face starts to itch. I find the scent of Lancome Dual Finish powder very similar and I ended up passing on it for the same reason.

I find it super disappointing that the fragrance free version is nowhere to be found, especially as Coty owns a ridiculous amount of companies. Even if I didn't get itchy from the scent, I'd always prefer a fragrance free option when it comes to facial products. I'm hoping it's just another product they are repackaging across their brands.

on 10/9/2017 1:13:00 AM

Let’s start off by saying the overall look of the powder is decent. It’s pretty good for the price, but the only thing that threw me off is it is straight up PINK toned. I am fair and have a yellow undertone, so everywhere I applied this powder I had a ugly pink cast. I thought it was the foundation I was using but I was wrong. The powder is supposed to be translucent, not pink. Although the look of the powder isn't cakey itself I would not purchase this again. It made my face a mess.

Hands down my favorite setting powder! I just wish it didn't smell like my grandma's house, that is my only complaint. The fragrance thankfully doesn't last on the skin.

on 9/17/2017 10:51:00 PM

I was recommended this product by a friend of mine and I was pleased by it, but I do have some cons for it as well.
Pros:
Keeps makeup in place
Very good at baking
Adds coverage

Cons:
Very drying (I ALWAYS have to use a hydration mist because it sucks all the moisture out of my face)
The smell...

This is very scented and honestly I don't particularly care for the scent. It has a very 1920s expired perfume smell, again, not something I love. This powder did leave me very dry, I'm not kidding when I say dry, I mean, just Sahara desert-level. That being said, my skin is a nice neutral color and I always choose yellower foundations so the translucent shade does wonders to match my skin and I like it a lot. It makes my makeup when I apply a slippery wet foundation go from a slime pit to a beautiful blank set canvas. This powder is very finely mild and well crafted. I will not debunk any of the claims about this particular powder and I will say that you are getting a lot of product for the price especially. I would just recommend that if you use this, apply a hydrating setting spray afterwards or it's going to be so drying.

on 9/6/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a great recommendation for this as a dupe for a more expensive product and NOPE. The "translucent" was too pink. It irritated my skin, so even if I liked it I couldn't have kept using it, so if you have sensitive skin, stay away from this. I later learned they do make an unscented version, but too late. That ship has sailed. Why did I even give it two lippies? Because the price is great, the packaging is cool and vintagey, and it's not the sh*ttiest powder in the world, for someone whose skin can take it.

on 5/30/2017 6:06:00 PM

This powder is my holy grail! I am very pale with oily skin around my T-Zone and this keeps my make up in place all day! my only problem is the availability at my Walmart and the packaging. The packaging is just a lid that pushes on and off, it does not screw. it also comes with the little plastic thing that you released the powder through but I took that out completely so I could put my beauty blender in the powder and dab it on my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This does cover good and make your pores look smaller but it smells horribly, breaks me out and gets everywhere.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using it a week, but I don't see much difference between it and other loose translucent powders I have used--I still lean towards Boots' translucent loose powder. The Coty is very fragranced and does not seem to be milled as fine as the Boots. I will keep using it but it hasn't been the immediate HG that I expected/hoped for.

I heard about this powder a couple years ago and I heard great things about it, so I was super excited when I was at Walgreens just looking at what was new there and I saw this powder. I expect a few things from a translucent powder: actually appear translucent on the skin, keeping my t-zone from getting too greasy, and not making my makeup look thicker or cakey. This powder is okay, but I wouldn't pay any more for it. The first thing I noticed was the scent which was a strong clean scent. It took me a while to get past that but I figured if it was a decent powder the smell wouldn't be a big deal. I applied it using a real techniques powder brush to set my foundation and concealer. It was translucent and didn't make my makeup appear cakey. After a couple hours of wear I noticed my skin getting oily, which usually doesn't happen with my foundation and setting powder that I had previously used. Another thing about this powder is the mess it makes, as the packaging isn't the greatest. Every time I open and close it some of the product gets out either into the air or onto the counter.

There are definitely pros and cons to this powder. It does apply nicely at first and it does appear translucent on my light skin. It also doesn't make my face look overdone and cakey. The cons being the smell, the mess/packaging, and it didn't keep my skin from becoming oily. Personally I will not repurchase this powder but if you have dry or normal skin I definitely think this powder would work well for you if you don't mind the smell.