Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

3.9

on 8/13/2017 11:34:00 AM

I tried this after getting recommended by my friends. As much as I want to love this product, it gives me some kind of itchiness after applying them on my face. I have combi skin but this product kinda irritates my skin (even though i dont have sensitive skin). The smell doesnt bothers me. It's just the itch i can't stand! Not gonna repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I heard some good things about this product on YouTube. I mainly purchased with the intent of using as a setting powder for under my eyes and maybe to control some shine in my t-zone. I purchased the regular version of this in translucent. I hear there's a sensitive skin formula, which I wish I would have seen at the store. I got mine at Wal-mart for around $7.00 USD with taxes. It does come with tons of product so I thought that was a very good price.

The product is very heavily scented. This has been on the market for many, many years and it sure smells like an old lady's perfume! It's very strong. I don't care for it, but it wears away after time. The powder itself is lovely and very finely milled. It does help set my make up well. My biggest gripe is that it broke me out. I have very sensitive skin so it's probably the fragrance that's in the product causing the irritation. I had to get rid of it. I would maybe buy the sensitive skin version in the future. Truth be told I prefer pressed powders way more. Less messy.

on 6/17/2016 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this powder in "translucent." As my fellow WoC know, translucent does not necessarily mean translucent for anyone who isn't fair skinned. I'm tan (I would definitely be considered light on the tan spectrum) and this powder leaves a nasty pale cast on my face and dulls my complexion. It not only lightens my skin but the color of the powder cancels out my natural warmth and glow. Not to mention the smell is unpleasant (think 99 year old woman in a retirement home) and disturbingly overpowering. The smell does fade, but to me this product is nowhere near worth its downsides.

on 3/19/2016 10:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very very silky powder and good feel at skin.
I tried so many loose powder but this is the one!!
I got from Walmart $6. So cheap and this powder dose wonderful job!!
I will purchase again.

on 10/18/2015 10:01:00 PM

I purchased this before in Translucent. While it kept my makeup bullet proof , I decided to look for something more flash photography friendly for my olive/tan skin tone . Nope nothing compared to it . Luckily I figured out Translucent Extra Coverage was a better option for me . Everthing the same I love this powder , but even better this shade doesn't flash back on me . I definitely recomend it I have combination oily skin , NC40 for reference and I use this in Translucent Extra Coverage :)

on 6/5/2014 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well, I love this powder and it's "grandmother" scent! I use this in translucent. It's sets well with any foundation. Smooths out any imperfections and keeps any shine at bay. The affordable price is a plus! I wish the packaging was more convenient for on the go. Either way this will forever be a staple in my makeup collection :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Now, Ive tried Honey Beige and Naturally neutral and liked them both. Im somewhere between NV 35- 40.. Honey Beige is more of a peachy shade and naturally neutral is more of a beige/neutral shade. Now off with the shades, coming to the actual performance of this powder..
I use this as an everyday powder foundation. Im a stay at home mom, so i use this as a single application once in the morning and thats it.. Sometimes, if its humid out, or if im doing lot of chores, i might have to touch up once in the evening, but thats it. Ive literally stopped searching for loose powders any more. I like this soo much that im now looking for loose powder compacts so that i can carry it on the go as well.

As i said, that i use this as a powder foundation, in my case i dont have problematic skin, no do i have perfect skin. I do have few freckles & pores on my cheeks, redness around the nose and some slight uneven pigementation(which get covered up with any powder) to start with. This powder doesnt cover up those freckles, but covers up the pores(mean to say, makes them look smaller or blurs them) and neutralizes the redness around the nose. On bad skin days, I layer it further to get that foundation kinda finish, and it doesnt look cakey.

I really like this and this has a permanent spot in my stash. Most people doesnt like the fragrance, but to me, i dont smell any fragrance at all.
The only con is that sometimes, (on a bad skin day) i could see a greyish/ashy tint under some lightings. So this is the only reason that ive ordered BenNye banana powder and topaz powder and im really waiting to compare these both.

on 11/18/2012 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder is absolutely the best powder in the history of EVER!!! My grandmother used this powder and I have such fond memories of watching her put her makeup on and finish with a simple dusting of this powder. Her makeup always looked flawless. When I started doing pageants, I used this product to set my stage makeup and it did its job, and then some. I never thought to use this outside of pageants, simply due to the fact that I thought it was "stage." One day, I ran out of my regular powder, so I reluctantly broke out my Coty. I used a small dusting of this powder and it lasted all day. I had more compliments on my makeup that day than I had ever had! I started using Coty everyday and I haven't looked back. It doesn't take much and I use it strictly to set my concealer, but it does the job and it does it spectacularly. I would recommend this to everyone! In fact, I use it on my clients: wedding, prom, pageant, portrait, quince, and more makeup!

I love this powder, good scent, good oil control, i have translucent extra coverage, so far so good, and no break me out... just love.... and love..
cheap and last long....

on 8/10/2011 11:57:00 PM

This product is a great powder...if you can get past the smell.
I don't like the smell,it smells like what my grandma used to wear,
and worst, the smell lingers and stays.
but this is a great setting powder.