Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally like the packaging of this product. The price is amazing compared to other powders on the market. I had high hopes for this product since so many people absolutely love this powder.

This powder has an overwhelming fragrance that is so strong that it makes you want to gag. It is like an old woman that drowned herself in perfume. The smell only goes away once the oils in your face mixes with the power, which for me took 4 hours.

I applied this only to my chin and forehead because I wanted to try it compared to my other IT Cosmetics bye bye pores setting powder. The fragrance is so strong that it made my chin and forehead burn so much! It kept like my chin was on fire, but I wanted to see if the burning would go away, it does only when your oils start to break it down.

After 12 hours of a long day in humid weather, this product started to separate on my chin, but not my forehead. IT Cosmetics bye bye pores did not.

I was really hoping this would work so that I could retire IT Cosmetics. IT Cosmetics has horrible flashback, Coty does not, but alas my search continues.

If you are dry, don't mind overwhelming smells, and do not have sensitive skin, go for this product. It is a great deal at $5.97 at Walmart and does a pretty good job.

on 11/5/2017 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Smells way too strong for me to wear, that of an old lady as everyone talks about. Gives me a headache whenever I apply and makes my stomach hurt. Besides its strong LINGERING scent (I actually have it on as I'm writing this review), it has flashback on my medium toned skin, I absolutely hate which eventually led to me tossing it. On the other hand it's very inexpensive, you get a huge amount, and it's great for oil control as with any powder. As much as I wanted to love this and join the bandwagon, I just can't stand the smell 😷

on 10/13/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is why I don't get the hype about this powder it dries out my undereye when I used it as a setting powder for my under eye .I would not repurshed again.

on 9/1/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would recommend this product. Not pricey and very affordable. I use loreal foundation and pressed powder and use this powder under my eye. It blends well. I love the smell too! I feel like my face smells so good because of this powder lol Good value ❤️

on 8/13/2017 10:02:00 AM

I bought this product due to some rave reviews and I thought I want to try it. Took me awhile to find it at Wal-Mart. Not bad just the awful smell makes me sick for some reason and found out it has Parabens on it! I don't use it all the time just sometimes when I needed it.

on 7/21/2017 12:42:00 PM

I have combo skin, I was absolutely excited to purchase this product and try it out, but once I opened it, the smell of baby powder and elder-perfume maksed the room and my face and after 2 hours of wearing the powder, I realized I had cake face

on 7/9/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hello oily skin ppl,
You need this in your life!
The oil-control of this powder is out of this world! I love to bake with it and it never accentuate my fine lines.
Normally my face becomes oily after 3-4 hours, but baking with this powder can last me 8 hours without touching up. My foundation is totally locked and does not transfer after baking. Even after 8 hours, i simply just dab my face with a tissue and my makeup is fresh again!
I know the scent is overpowering, but it reminds me of my grandma and i miss her...

on 6/17/2017 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its hard to explain... i wanna love this powder but i cant. I saw so many good reviews about this and finally i got mine in translucent. Ugh, i hate this powder since the first time! I have a very oily skin, but however this powder makes my face reaaaaalllllyyyyyy dry! I dont know what to say! It makes my face became dryer than ever and cause dry patches. Definitely not gonna repurchase this bad powder.

on 6/17/2017 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I wasn't sure what to think of this at first, but I'd read and seen so many reviews of it, that I had to try it. Hard to get as I'm from Canada, so had to order it online through Walmart and pick it up in the States when I was there. You can't beat the price--$5 US! I ordered two colours--translucent and naturally neutral. When I saw the shades, I immediately returned the translucent; it had a very pinkish cast to it, and the naturally neutral looked more, well, natural. I'm very happy with my choice.

There's a lot of powder in this jar--I have to tap the end of my powder brush on the top of the jar to release just enough powder as it originally wouldn't come out of the holes. Now that it's down a bit, it might come out if I tipped it over, but I find it just as easy to continue doing what I've been doing. People were right about the smell--total baby powder. It grossed me out at first as it's quite strong, but now I don't even notice it (about a month and a half after use). I did notice that the smell stays on my powder brush even though I washed it, which is interesting.

I have very oily skin, and this does a pretty good job of keeping it at bay, especially in the cooler months. It goes on nicely, and I try to buff it in a bit so it doesn't look to pale on me (I went to Mexico and got some colour, so am a little darker than my normal colouring right now). About halfway through the day, I have to touch-up and use Rimmel's Stay Matter powder for that. My other go-to powder is Boots translucent loose powder, but it's around $14 US and I can only find it in the States too, so I might end up switching to the Air Spun just because of cost, although I do find the Boots one works a little better.

UPDATE :

I just find out what makes my foundation breaks after 5 hours. It's my Naruko anti-acne sunblock. One day i just ran out of my sunblock and i'm in a hurry so i just skip sunblock that day. I go with my usual routine which is moisturiser, foundation, concealer and airspun powder. And you know what?? My foundation looks AMAZING! My skin doesn't look that good in so long. My foundation lasted for almost 12 hours with very minimal touch-up. I'm loving this powder day by day by far the best setting powder i've ever have.

It's a love-hate feeling with this powder. I love this powder set my foundation. It looks flawless. A little goes a long way. Plus it so affordable and it lasts a very very long time.

But what I hate about this powder is the smell. OMG, i cannot stand the grandma smell. So strong. And the other downside (for me) is, it does set my foundation nice and beautiful. But, I'm very careful not to over powder because it will make my foundation look cakey and mask-y. Weird right? Yes, it happens to me. And after 5 hours using it I realised that all my foundation caked. I tried so many different foundations with this powder and I get the same result after 5 hours. I dunno what's going on but it's kinda sad because I wanted this powder to works on me so bad. Will not repurchase.