Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Smells wonderful

on 9/7/2018 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Firstly, I did not purchase this. It was given to me as a gift. I would not purchase unless this powder becomes cruelty free. But, coming from strictly a stance of reviewing the product itself, I have to say that this is possibly the best powder I've ever used. EVER.

I have the "Naturally Neutral" shade, which is a very light translucent. It doesn't really add any color, but I do find that it tones down the yellow undertones in my skin and gives almost a porcelain look, which I adore. I have used this for a couple days now to set my BB cream and my undereye concealer, and it works beautifully for both. It smooths my HAYUGE pores and really blurs the tiny fine lines under my eyes without emphasizing anything. I sometimes get dry patches, and this doesn't seem to accentuate them either. It's really awesome. It also contains no shimmer, but doesn't leave the skin looking dull.

This particular shade is scented, and while I don't mind it (it's got a nostalgic feel to it), it may be off-putting for some. It's quite floral and perfume-y.

The newer packaging doesn't have quite the vintage vibe of the old, but it's still dang good. It's not a screw-on lid, but I don't feel it's not secure or sturdy. It feels substantial. The sifter is actually decent in that it doesn't allow too much product to come out. This is mega helpful, as this is a very finely milled powder, so too much would make a mess. I can't really get on board with the puff it comes with, as it's a bit too wispy, but it does a good job of keeping the powder from escaping the sifter while the container is closed. I may purchase a large velour puff to keep in there instead, as I prefer a puff for application. That being said, this stuff does apply beautifully with a brush.

I've seen this go for $6 to $7, which is amazing since there's 2.3 ounces versus the e.l.f. loose powder that only amounts to 0.28 ounces. You're getting nearly ten times the amount that other loose powders on the market!

I really hope this becomes a cruelty-free brand, because even though it'll take me a million years to run out of this stuff, I would love to have the option to restock.

on 9/7/2018 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A friend recommend me this powder & after trying powder after powder after powder, this one is definitely my favorite! Nothing keeps me oil-free as long as this does! It doesn’t accentuate my pores, fine lines or forehead texture but I do try my best to be light-handed with it. If you have oily skin & you’re in the market for a setting powder, i highly recommend this one. It does have that “grandma” smell to it but it’s kinda soothing plus I didn’t notice it after a while so it doesn’t linger for long.

on 9/5/2018 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love! I have been using this product for about a week now (full coverage translucent) and I did not expect to love this so much. I was at first worried about this purchase when I patch tested this face powder next to my elf setting powder and saw that it wasn't as finely milled. I'm glad I tried it anyway because my make up has been looking absolutely phenomenal. I work at a tanning salon and it gets hot, and I'm running around like a crazy woman at times. with zero touch ups, I have very minimal creasing, only finding problem areas in between my brows and a crease on my nose. Is this product like MUFE HD powder? absolutely not. Is this far better value/more product/easier to distribute on the face? yes! Side note--I actually love the poof it comes with. I've been using it instead of a brush and I love it. I simply just pour the powder into the lid, and poof it on!

on 8/1/2018 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this powder a lot. I suppose I'll list the reasons as for why that is, then list the cons.
-Doesn't leave a white cast on my medium-dark skin
-Makes all of my foundations last long
-Prevents creasing where I need it to
-I personally like the smell although a lot of people hate it

Now, the cons:
-Packaging (the shit just falls out if tilted - no way to close it)
-It can get reeeeal messy really quick
-Makes me cough sometimes
-Can look powdery if added too much (although a spritz of setting spray fixes that)

I'd also recommend HEAVILY that this be applied with a damp sponge. It removes the powderiness for the most part, and allows the powder to melt into the skin, and it looks really nice.
I should also say that I don't bake.

on 5/3/2018 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Not a fan of this at all. It's notorious for its overwhelming smell. I hate the smell so much that I hold my breath when I apply this. But besides that, I just didn't think this did much for me. It makes me look more powdery than other powders, and it does not give any lasting power to my foundations. I just have other powders that I like so much more than this.

on 2/3/2018 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I like this powder very much, but one has to be REAL careful with this if one is of a "certain age." Not because of the fragrance, which is evidently controversial, but because it's REAL easy to use too much of it. It covers up a lot of wrinkles, but it also settles into them and can look cakey if you are using the "translucent extra coverage," as I do. So it's helpful to use a light hand; if you do that, this will work well for oily-skinned ladies like me (even "mature" ones - again, like me). A light hand also helps to counter the limited color selection.

I think this powder would also be excellent for baking. I've not tried that; although baking fascinates me, I don't have the patience required to bake. But I think it would suit very well and could easily result in an excellent look. This powder cuts down oil for a long time, and that's what I like about it - that and its affordability.

The thing with the fragrance is this. It's pungent for maybe five, ten minutes. And then it softens. IMO, the results are worth it, but then I like old-school Coty fragrances and old-school cosmetic houses. I refrain from speculating about how popular this powder would be if in some kind of alternate universe a couture label slapped its name on it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally like the packaging of this product. The price is amazing compared to other powders on the market. I had high hopes for this product since so many people absolutely love this powder.

This powder has an overwhelming fragrance that is so strong that it makes you want to gag. It is like an old woman that drowned herself in perfume. The smell only goes away once the oils in your face mixes with the power, which for me took 4 hours.

I applied this only to my chin and forehead because I wanted to try it compared to my other IT Cosmetics bye bye pores setting powder. The fragrance is so strong that it made my chin and forehead burn so much! It kept like my chin was on fire, but I wanted to see if the burning would go away, it does only when your oils start to break it down.

After 12 hours of a long day in humid weather, this product started to separate on my chin, but not my forehead. IT Cosmetics bye bye pores did not.

I was really hoping this would work so that I could retire IT Cosmetics. IT Cosmetics has horrible flashback, Coty does not, but alas my search continues.

If you are dry, don't mind overwhelming smells, and do not have sensitive skin, go for this product. It is a great deal at $5.97 at Walmart and does a pretty good job.

on 11/5/2017 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Smells way too strong for me to wear, that of an old lady as everyone talks about. Gives me a headache whenever I apply and makes my stomach hurt. Besides its strong LINGERING scent (I actually have it on as I'm writing this review), it has flashback on my medium toned skin, I absolutely hate which eventually led to me tossing it. On the other hand it's very inexpensive, you get a huge amount, and it's great for oil control as with any powder. As much as I wanted to love this and join the bandwagon, I just can't stand the smell 😷

on 10/13/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is why I don't get the hype about this powder it dries out my undereye when I used it as a setting powder for my under eye .I would not repurshed again.