Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.4

on 2/15/2018 8:24:00 PM

I think that i'm cursed... I am usually in the minority when it comes to products that people love, and this is no exception.

I remember I tried this once, and i remember the oil control being amazing... but now that I have used it a handful of times, im thinking that it must have been the foundation or maybe just a good skin day because i CANT get this to work!!!

I have tried applying with different brushes and techniques to no avil, FFS! Not to mention, it really does smell like walking into your grandmas house. I also think the fact that it has mineral oil in it makes a pimple or two pop up here and there which is disappointing. Also, it doesnt set my foundation well - I look ashy and calky, all while still being oily 30 mins later.

I wish I could return this, I really have no use for it now.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

- Very nice powder.
- Adds an incredible softness to the skin.
- You'll achieve very flawless skin when using this.
- Does have a slight pink undertone, I'm afraid that it will turn up a bit ashy on darker skintones.
- The smell is very strong and perfumish, however it disappears when it is blended.
- Does have a slight flashback on photos!

** I bought the colour translucent **

on 10/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to revisit this since I've seen it mentioned a lot lately, and remember seeing it so many times on my grandmother's make up vanity when i grew up. I was sort of hoping it might be similar to my holy grail powder, Laura Mercier. Why oh why can't they lose the awful fragrance in this powder. I could not handle it and had to wash it off every time I tried it. It's just way too perfumed and it's not a nice scent either. Also, it is not transparent and has a pinky tone that looked horrible on my skin. It is a nice powder, finely milled, if they would lose the scent and the pink tones it might be a winner. So Laura Mercier still has no competition that I've found yet.
*****Also let me mention, there are tons of fake Laura Mercier powders being sold on ebay and elsewhere. Buyer beware. There are also lots of you tube videos comparing the fakes to the real LM.

on 9/24/2017 5:39:00 PM

Years ago, I used Airspun in a neutral, translucent shade that had a warm cast to it. It was a great product. This year, I bought Translucent 070-24 to use as a setting powder for Dermablend. Ack! This is NOT what I used before. It's slightly pink and dusty on the skin. It's heavily fragranced. I used it on my legs, so the scent was overpowering. Thankfully, I tested the product before using it for an event. I'm throwing it away because I can't think of any reason to use it.

I got this after months of hearing the hype about it and I was so excited! I have dry skin so I don't use too much powder anyway, so I didn't need this powder to work wonders. When I opened it it does have quite a strong floral-y scent to it, but I liked the scent so it didn't bother me. I used it with a brush and I didn't really notice anything different to my usual Rimmel powder, but it did make my skin SUPER soft! It didn't dry it out or anything. I then began using it to set under my under eye concealer mix of the NYX under eye colour corrector and my Maybelline age rewind. I did it using my Real Techniques beauty blender (damp of course) to press the powder in as I tend to get very noticeable crease lines her and the powder fixed them all! Overall a great buy and not too expensive so I will definitely be buying again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Classic. Best setting powder for the price. I only wish they would turn down the perfume! I use the translucent to set everything from foundation to lipstick. Great stuff!

The holy grail powder for me. I'm very fair skin toned so the color is perfect for me. Sets my makeup perfectly all day, keeps the oil under control. Plus dirt cheap and one container probably lasts me nine months. Been using this product fot over ten years and every time I'm forced to try something else I'm left disappointed. It's getting harder to find though which makes me worried.

on 12/27/2016 3:20:00 PM

Totally different now that it is made in china. Don't waste your money. Its not the powder people have loved for years

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ohh this powder has never failed me! It's a timeless classic that works so well. I had only ever used the translucent extra coverage. The container always lasts me over a year! You just cannot go wrong with this! Always one of my hg!! :)

Love this powder, I replaced my Laura Mercier setting powder with this one. Smell is a little over powering, but not the worst smell in the world! Hopefully I can find this in the UK!