Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

3.9

on 2/3/2018 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I like this powder very much, but one has to be REAL careful with this if one is of a "certain age." Not because of the fragrance, which is evidently controversial, but because it's REAL easy to use too much of it. It covers up a lot of wrinkles, but it also settles into them and can look cakey if you are using the "translucent extra coverage," as I do. So it's helpful to use a light hand; if you do that, this will work well for oily-skinned ladies like me (even "mature" ones - again, like me). A light hand also helps to counter the limited color selection.

I think this powder would also be excellent for baking. I've not tried that; although baking fascinates me, I don't have the patience required to bake. But I think it would suit very well and could easily result in an excellent look. This powder cuts down oil for a long time, and that's what I like about it - that and its affordability.

The thing with the fragrance is this. It's pungent for maybe five, ten minutes. And then it softens. IMO, the results are worth it, but then I like old-school Coty fragrances and old-school cosmetic houses. I refrain from speculating about how popular this powder would be if in some kind of alternate universe a couture label slapped its name on it.

on 8/13/2017 11:34:00 AM

I tried this after getting recommended by my friends. As much as I want to love this product, it gives me some kind of itchiness after applying them on my face. I have combi skin but this product kinda irritates my skin (even though i dont have sensitive skin). The smell doesnt bothers me. It's just the itch i can't stand! Not gonna repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely hate this powder. The powder isn't exactly translucent, it has a very pinky undertone to it which changes my foundation color dramatically. Also I feel that this powder sets my foundation but at the same time it breaks up my foundation on my chin. Would absolutely not recommend.

on 9/25/2016 3:57:00 PM

I swear by this stuff not only does it set incredibly well it's basically sweat proof amazing stuff despite the old women smell

on 7/18/2016 10:27:00 PM

FLASHHBACK!!!!!!! This is the biggest problem with this powder I've used it about 10x to bake my under eyes with different foundations but everytime it either gave me horrible flashback or changed the color of my foundation completely:( not bad for the price but I honestly wouldn't recommend it !

on 6/17/2016 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this powder in "translucent." As my fellow WoC know, translucent does not necessarily mean translucent for anyone who isn't fair skinned. I'm tan (I would definitely be considered light on the tan spectrum) and this powder leaves a nasty pale cast on my face and dulls my complexion. It not only lightens my skin but the color of the powder cancels out my natural warmth and glow. Not to mention the smell is unpleasant (think 99 year old woman in a retirement home) and disturbingly overpowering. The smell does fade, but to me this product is nowhere near worth its downsides.

on 6/14/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Everytime I use this powder is breaks me out. I don't like the extreme strong fragrance, it smells like grandma-style perfume. The smells goes away but it is there, it is intense. The packaging is messy, I always blow powder everywhere trying to get a tiny bit. I bought it because of Tati on YouTube and I dislike it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So after reading the reviews, I decided to purchase this. I was very excited and pumped to use this, and maybe it's the way I put it on, but at the end of the day, my face looked NOT cute. I did check for oil during regular intervals, but the face I looked at in the morning on my mirror looked so much different from the one I saw that afternoon. I still kept trying it for a week, but to no avail it was not good for me. I'm not sure what went wrong (application/skin type/???) but I'm bummed out it didn't work out. I switched back to my original face powder (NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder) and my makeup look fab again. I seriously hoped it worked good for me. At least it smelled good to me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product so much ! The smell doesn't bother me it goes away pretty quickly. For touch up I put it in a refillable powder brush from jane iredale. This stuff makes me looks flawless!

on 11/24/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is ok if you can get past the grandma smell. It is s decent finishing powder. I didn't notice a ton of oil control but does set your makeup. Will not purchase again. I like a nice powder but prefer pressed. I hate having messy powder all over my bathroom sink. You get a lot of power for you money but it is a bit messy. Drug store brand that has been around forever but is not very high quality in my opinion.