Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.6

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This powder is amazing at oil control, seriously kept me matte all day!! really like the texture, doesn't make you look too powdery or cakey if dusted on well. Incredible formula, comparable to LM's loose translucent powder.

Okay, the reason why its only 4 lippies is because of the smell. I CANNOT stand the smell. I read previous reviews before about how some won't like it, but I'm usually not too bothered by these things. This one though... whew!!! the moment I opened it, the smell just overpowered everything. It is STRONG, to the point that it made me really really reluctant to put it on my face. It lingers as well, I got faint whiffs of it throughout the day. Awful. Like old, dusty perfume.

The formula is good enough for me to deal with that, though. I guess if you're chill with the smell then its worth it!

on 4/13/2016 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I just received this in the mail yesterday - this is the BEST powder I have ever used.

First off, this is an extremely finely milled powder and my other powder such as Ben Nye, Covergirl, Maybelline and even the ever so popular RCMA no color powder cannot compare whatsoever, especially in texture. Everyone seems to complain about the smell, I honestly really can't say I dislike it - I find it quite pleasant and luxurious feeling overall when I apply it.

This powder will definitely fly everywhere if you try using the puff it comes with, I turn the packaging over and tap the powder so it falls into the lid and then scoop it out with a damp beauty blender. I only poked through half of the little holes on the sifter and I find this really helps with controlling the amount of powder that comes out and saves me product. This is fantastic both for setting and baking. I have mine in the shade "translucent extra coverage" and it's the perfect neutral shade for my NW20 skin tone.

Only downfall is that it is not available in Canada so I have to order it off of Ebay for marked up prices, but for the quality I don't mind it one bit and just order in bulk. That said - this powder is gigantic and will last you forever as (65g) per jar is A LOT.

My skin tends to get flaky and dehydrated during this time of the year with weather changes and literally every other powder I own has caked up on me lately and emphasized my dry patches except this one. I even baked with this today and piled it on and my skin not only feels baby soft and smooth but my pores have practically vanished its as if I'm airbrushed. I cannot say enough good things about this powder, I already know I will most likely be using this for the rest of my life. I am curious if the translucent shade is any different in color, I might give that one a go as well or in the coming summer months I may try the "suntan" and "rosy beige" shades.

Coty, you NEED to bring this amazing product to Canada PLEASE. Will continue to repurchase and use boat loads of! 5 lippies!! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this product a while ago and I love it. I bought it at Walmart for under 7$ for 2.3 oz. This product makes my makeup stay all day and I'm a extremely oily person. Blend!blend!blend! You have to blend this product in well or you will have a white-ish dust all over your face. It makes my makeup matte . :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought the one that has the floral grandma smell, and I really like this product! It has lasted me ages, I really like the puffy applicator, even though the container can get things messy sometimes.
This loose powder sets my liquid foundation like nothing else! Doesn't add extra color, doesn't look cakey, it just leaves the face poreless and matte! I dab it all over my face with the puffy thingy and then swipe it out with a kabuki brush. This leaves my normally greasy face oil free for almost 10 hours on a hot weather! I used to grab Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder to set my foundation but I ran out of it quickly (using up to 3 of them a month) and that powder is $6 a piece. This Coty powder has a lot of quantity for the price and it takes a looong time for me to finish the whole thing up. For the cheap price it is amazing! It is even better than DermaBlends HD powder because it sets everything without giving you a white cast in pictures!
I think this is my HG loose powder for setting foundation!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love it. It sets my makeup and doesnt shine. It has a pleasent smell to it too.

on 7/16/2010 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

What a funky smell!!

The powder goes on beautifully; excellent coverage and holding power.

But I wish they would give a sifter.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this powder. I'm 43 yrs. old and have purchased this for at least 20 yrs. I remember using it in high school. My mother used it. I'm super oily and this really 'sets' my foundation without making me look overly powedered. I always buy this but MAC's loose blot is my HG. If you want to try an inexpensive powder that will give you the matte look you want, this is it.