Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.6

on 9/7/2018 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A friend recommend me this powder & after trying powder after powder after powder, this one is definitely my favorite! Nothing keeps me oil-free as long as this does! It doesn’t accentuate my pores, fine lines or forehead texture but I do try my best to be light-handed with it. If you have oily skin & you’re in the market for a setting powder, i highly recommend this one. It does have that “grandma” smell to it but it’s kinda soothing plus I didn’t notice it after a while so it doesn’t linger for long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm going to be fair and give this a 3 based on how it performs, the cost and the super large size you get. It's a very nice powder and if it works for you, the size alone makes this an amazing find. Some people suggest trying the extra coverage translucent or one of the colored powders if the translucent isn't enough coverage for you. If you can handle the smell, that might be the way to go for fuller coverage. I find that a very light dusting gives me a beautiful finish and I don't need to blot at all. The included pouf is actually a very helpful tool for application. I did not notice any oxidation or flashback while using this.

But the scent is a real dealbreaker for me. It doesn't smell unpleasant in the sense I can't use it, but the scent fills my house up when I open it. Hubby actually came upstairs to ask what spray I had used. It dissipates within 10 minutes but then comes back everytime I get warm, or the sun hits my face. Even that wouldn't bug me, but as the scent returns my face starts to itch. I find the scent of Lancome Dual Finish powder very similar and I ended up passing on it for the same reason.

I find it super disappointing that the fragrance free version is nowhere to be found, especially as Coty owns a ridiculous amount of companies. Even if I didn't get itchy from the scent, I'd always prefer a fragrance free option when it comes to facial products. I'm hoping it's just another product they are repackaging across their brands.

on 2/3/2018 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is by far one of the best loose face powders I've ever tried. It's fabulously lightweight, doesn't cake, doesn't make me look like a ghost, and has GREAT matte coverage that lasts all day long. The scent is wonderful too, and compliments my perfumes nicely.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this powder. The price? A steal. The packaging is adorable and classic. The powder is a finely milled translucent shade that doesn't look cakey or leave a white residue. It also doesn't make my pores look bigger, which looking back, was an issue with the Maybelline loose powder I had used previously.

It is impossible to use "too much" of this powder, I put it all over my face and bake with it too, and somehow it doesn't cling to any areas or look ashen. Baking the undereyes with this is easy, I take the powder puff it comes with, fold it in half, dip it into a pile of the loose powder, then dab it along my undereyes and the highpoints of my cheekbones, under my cheek contour, and a bit on the Cupid's bow and center of my chin. It will mattify you GOOD, to the point where you may not need a single touch up in an 8 hour day, so if you are a dewy skin lover or a au natural type, this might be too much for every day wear.

For a long time I thought loose powder was loose powder, you've seen one you've seen em all, and boy was I WRONG... this blows other loose powders from the drugstore away (I haven't used Nyx HD in a while so I'm not sure how it compares to that one, but the others, yes), and gives the coveted Laura Mercier offering a run for its money. And indeed, that is a great powder as well, but for $40... hmm I'll stick with my Coty for the time being :)

on 6/17/2016 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this powder in "translucent." As my fellow WoC know, translucent does not necessarily mean translucent for anyone who isn't fair skinned. I'm tan (I would definitely be considered light on the tan spectrum) and this powder leaves a nasty pale cast on my face and dulls my complexion. It not only lightens my skin but the color of the powder cancels out my natural warmth and glow. Not to mention the smell is unpleasant (think 99 year old woman in a retirement home) and disturbingly overpowering. The smell does fade, but to me this product is nowhere near worth its downsides.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent Extra Coverage 070-41 for $6 or $7 from Kmart. This is a very fine powder that I both use as a foundation & to set my makeup on days I wear liquid/crme foundation. This powder does provide coverage, but it's nothing extraordinary. I admit I did not keep it mind that this is a powder; I was expecting literal coverage like a powder foundationthat's my fault. This powder does cover more than most others, but it's not wow.

I mostly wear this alone simply to cut down on shine & cut excess oil on my face. However, it's not too long-lasting & I'd have to reapply it if I carried it around with me. To be fair, though, I do have seriously oily skin & the majority of powders don't stay on my face for an extended period of time anyway. I have to reapply or touch up throughout the day & I don't like to do that because although the shade I got is translucent, it leaves a white cast on my face if I touch up too much or use a heavy hand while applying. I use the puffy applicator provided. The only complaint I have about Airspun is their smell. It's extremely fragranced. The smell is very strong & not the most pleasant, but it does fade away.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the translucent extra coverage version. It does an excellent job of controlling oil and excess shine. It doesn't leave a cakey appearance, but it does have a strong scent. Luckily it is tolerable for me. I found mine at Walmart for about $5.99. One con I can say that it has is the packaging. It comes with a powder puff that doesn't distribuet the powder well onto my face. The holes also release too much powder. I took the advice of others and left the clear sticker on and poked my own holes that way not too much powder is wasted or spilt. It worked like a charm. I also recommend using your own favorite face powder brush. So far, it hasn't broke me out or clogged my pores. Crossing my fingers on this one.

on 2/23/2014 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love it. I wear the translucent powder over a light coverage BB cream, it's a very fresh look and stays on all day. My face doesn't get oily, I like the smell, both my grandma and my mom have used this powder at some point in their lives, so it's very nostalgic!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Actually I was out looking for for Black Opal's brand of translucent powder, but since it wasn't any where in my immediate area, I picked this up from my nearby CVS. Pretty apprehensive, I put it on after my foundation and it was ashy at first, but after I gave it a few minutes to "settle", it was matte and perfect. I'm not a super oily girl, but it kept it in check in 80 degree weather, good stuff. 2 drawbacks: it was quite the b*tch to open at first and the scent although pleasant reminded me of an older woman. I can overlook the latter. Oh, and the puff that came with it was useless, so I used my own. Otherwise great product. :)

on 4/25/2013 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is THE best powder I have ever used! I have this in translucent and it really does live up to all of the hype and good reviews. For one thing, it blurs the pores very well and reduces shine. I have combination skin, it's very dry and flaky in some areas but my T-zone always gets very oily (I mean VERY oily! It looks like I applied olive oil directly onto my forehead nose and chin sometimes!) and this product keeps my face fairly matte looking for a few hours (I'd say 3 on a "bad" skin day, 5 or 6 on a good one) before I need to blot or touch it up. As far as I'm concerned, it really is translucent. I can't see it on my skin at all and it doesn't wash me out in pictures like some people have claimed. However, it is the beginning of the spring so I'm not tan yet, and I do tend to get very dark in the summer so maybe that's when I'll see it, but it's nothing a bit of bronzer can't fix. :) Over full foundation, this powder looks flawless and fantastic, but even on days where I just wear concealer it still looks great. It does have a distinct smell, but I don't mind it at all, and it doesn't smell on the face, either.

All in all, this is a really great product for such a low price. The best powder I've ever tried, and I'll definitely be repurchasing.