Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 10/26/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the vintage packaging & the crazy amount of powder you’re getting, that literally going to last forever! Not to mention to affordable price.
It’s not a travel- friendly tho, since it’s so bulky.

I use it for the “baking technique”, but as a setting powder- it’s too drying on my normal-dry skin. Maybe more suitable for oily skin?
It’s also have a pinkish hue, that (some what) mess with the color of the foundation.
As to date, I own seven different “translusant” powders
(RCMA, Coty, elf, NYC,innisfree,Rimmel,essence)
All of them contain a white, yellowish, pinkish hue,
That ״interfering״ with the foundation to some extent, this on is no exception.

on 10/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to revisit this since I've seen it mentioned a lot lately, and remember seeing it so many times on my grandmother's make up vanity when i grew up. I was sort of hoping it might be similar to my holy grail powder, Laura Mercier. Why oh why can't they lose the awful fragrance in this powder. I could not handle it and had to wash it off every time I tried it. It's just way too perfumed and it's not a nice scent either. Also, it is not transparent and has a pinky tone that looked horrible on my skin. It is a nice powder, finely milled, if they would lose the scent and the pink tones it might be a winner. So Laura Mercier still has no competition that I've found yet.
*****Also let me mention, there are tons of fake Laura Mercier powders being sold on ebay and elsewhere. Buyer beware. There are also lots of you tube videos comparing the fakes to the real LM.

on 9/24/2017 5:39:00 PM

Years ago, I used Airspun in a neutral, translucent shade that had a warm cast to it. It was a great product. This year, I bought Translucent 070-24 to use as a setting powder for Dermablend. Ack! This is NOT what I used before. It's slightly pink and dusty on the skin. It's heavily fragranced. I used it on my legs, so the scent was overpowering. Thankfully, I tested the product before using it for an event. I'm throwing it away because I can't think of any reason to use it.

on 6/17/2017 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I wasn't sure what to think of this at first, but I'd read and seen so many reviews of it, that I had to try it. Hard to get as I'm from Canada, so had to order it online through Walmart and pick it up in the States when I was there. You can't beat the price--$5 US! I ordered two colours--translucent and naturally neutral. When I saw the shades, I immediately returned the translucent; it had a very pinkish cast to it, and the naturally neutral looked more, well, natural. I'm very happy with my choice.

There's a lot of powder in this jar--I have to tap the end of my powder brush on the top of the jar to release just enough powder as it originally wouldn't come out of the holes. Now that it's down a bit, it might come out if I tipped it over, but I find it just as easy to continue doing what I've been doing. People were right about the smell--total baby powder. It grossed me out at first as it's quite strong, but now I don't even notice it (about a month and a half after use). I did notice that the smell stays on my powder brush even though I washed it, which is interesting.

I have very oily skin, and this does a pretty good job of keeping it at bay, especially in the cooler months. It goes on nicely, and I try to buff it in a bit so it doesn't look to pale on me (I went to Mexico and got some colour, so am a little darker than my normal colouring right now). About halfway through the day, I have to touch-up and use Rimmel's Stay Matter powder for that. My other go-to powder is Boots translucent loose powder, but it's around $14 US and I can only find it in the States too, so I might end up switching to the Air Spun just because of cost, although I do find the Boots one works a little better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The only thing that deserves 5 stars about this, is the packaging. I love vintage cosmetics, and Coty is good about keeping that very vintage packaging. Let me just warn my fellow acne prone, oily ladies because this stuff severely broke me out. I do have very sensitive skin, and I should have known by the awful perfume fragrance not to risk it, but I did. I honestly gave it a shot after my favorite YouTubers swear by this, but I still don't see why. It oxidized tremendously, smells awful, and makes a huge mess. Rimmel match perfection loose powder is 100% better than this, and sets to perfection making your skin look airbrushed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I liked this loose powder for a long time but it's just not doing it for me. It doesn't have enough oil control for my super oily skin. After reading some of the other reviews, the talc is starting to freak me out a little bit. I'm almost considering buying a different loose powder because I didn't know that talc could cause ovarian cancer. I don't care for the fragrance either. It smells so bad oh my goodness. The only thing I like about this powder is how good it is for baking. Other than that, it's a pretty average powder. I just really wish they would get rid of the talc.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ohh this powder has never failed me! It's a timeless classic that works so well. I had only ever used the translucent extra coverage. The container always lasts me over a year! You just cannot go wrong with this! Always one of my hg!! :)

on 11/21/2016 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fantastic loose powder to set my make up. However, it does really chalky on my dry skin. Even on my dewy finish foundation. Yes it works wonderfully to hold up my makeup all day long, that's why I still using this product.

Pros:
- Great job to set up the foundations and under eye concealer
- Nice longevity without creasing
- Cheap
- Much product in a jar
- Quite fine-milled

Cons:
- Smells awful like grandma fragrance, but much stronger
- Look chalky and ghosty on dry skin
- The packaging is not good

All in all, the only pros are just the price and the good job on holding up my makeup as a product, which I love. However aside from that, I loathe the fragrance and the chalky feeling on my skin. And the packaging makes it quite hard to pick up the powder from the jar. Now I pull out the plastic cap inside the jar. But still, not working for me. It is a mess!
Will I buy it again? Guess I will try the high end product after :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very luxurious powder. There's a silver screen glamorous feel that goes along with using it. It does it's job as a powder and then some: it gives a soft look to your skin, and provides medium coverage; it decreases the visibility of scars and pockmarks. It can definitely hold its own when compared to department store powders. I truly enjoy using this powder, and it somewhat worries me that Coty has been steadily discontinuing colors; it'll be a sad day if I go to buy it and find out that the whole line had been discontinued. But, I will enjoy it while I can.
Edit: I just thought I would add a note on application: I came to this loose powder from pressed powder. When applying the pressed, I would swirl the puff in the powder and drag it across the foundation on my face. If you do that with Airspun, you'll have a terrible makeup finish; it will move your foundation around. *Pat* the powder filled fluffy puff all over your face, like you'd see in an old Hollywood film, and then gently push off excess with either the puff or a brush; and your finish will be smooth.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The smell is something you have to get used too, but over all I love this product!