Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 9/5/2018 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love! I have been using this product for about a week now (full coverage translucent) and I did not expect to love this so much. I was at first worried about this purchase when I patch tested this face powder next to my elf setting powder and saw that it wasn't as finely milled. I'm glad I tried it anyway because my make up has been looking absolutely phenomenal. I work at a tanning salon and it gets hot, and I'm running around like a crazy woman at times. with zero touch ups, I have very minimal creasing, only finding problem areas in between my brows and a crease on my nose. Is this product like MUFE HD powder? absolutely not. Is this far better value/more product/easier to distribute on the face? yes! Side note--I actually love the poof it comes with. I've been using it instead of a brush and I love it. I simply just pour the powder into the lid, and poof it on!

I remember when I was a kid my mom was excited to find this because her grandmother used it and it reminded her of her. Now I bought and use this cuz it reminds me of my mom. I love the fragrance. It makes me feel like a 60s housewife in a good way. It also sets my makeup and makes me look poreless. Too much and I look like a powdery mime so I have to be careful.

The packaging isn't the greatest. There is a mound of powder up over the sifter from it being sent to me in the mail. The puff it comes with picks up too much product so I use a powder brush. I wish Coty was cruelty free as well :(

on 5/3/2018 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Not a fan of this at all. It's notorious for its overwhelming smell. I hate the smell so much that I hold my breath when I apply this. But besides that, I just didn't think this did much for me. It makes me look more powdery than other powders, and it does not give any lasting power to my foundations. I just have other powders that I like so much more than this.

HOLY CRUD. What have I been doing with my life before this!?!

on 2/3/2018 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I like this powder very much, but one has to be REAL careful with this if one is of a "certain age." Not because of the fragrance, which is evidently controversial, but because it's REAL easy to use too much of it. It covers up a lot of wrinkles, but it also settles into them and can look cakey if you are using the "translucent extra coverage," as I do. So it's helpful to use a light hand; if you do that, this will work well for oily-skinned ladies like me (even "mature" ones - again, like me). A light hand also helps to counter the limited color selection.

I think this powder would also be excellent for baking. I've not tried that; although baking fascinates me, I don't have the patience required to bake. But I think it would suit very well and could easily result in an excellent look. This powder cuts down oil for a long time, and that's what I like about it - that and its affordability.

The thing with the fragrance is this. It's pungent for maybe five, ten minutes. And then it softens. IMO, the results are worth it, but then I like old-school Coty fragrances and old-school cosmetic houses. I refrain from speculating about how popular this powder would be if in some kind of alternate universe a couture label slapped its name on it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

- Very nice powder.
- Adds an incredible softness to the skin.
- You'll achieve very flawless skin when using this.
- Does have a slight pink undertone, I'm afraid that it will turn up a bit ashy on darker skintones.
- The smell is very strong and perfumish, however it disappears when it is blended.
- Does have a slight flashback on photos!

** I bought the colour translucent **

on 10/26/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love the vintage packaging
(Starred in one of Mad Men episode, FYI :)
So, if it’s good enough for Betty... lol!
You’re getting crazy amount of powder
(2.3 oz/65 g) that literally going to last u forever!
In a ridiculously price point.
For the “baking technique” - it bright the undereyes beautifully, but that goes for the rest of the face as well. it’s definitely *not translucent* due to the pinkish hue- if you’re consider to use it as a setting powder.
Also, It’s heavily fragrance which is a throwback for me, and a bit “heavy” & drying for my normal-dry skin. I can see why this is a cult favorite,
but Maybe more suitable for oily skin types.
Moving on to the next..

on 10/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Edited 3-11-18- upped to 4 lippies

I ran out of my other powders and began to use this daily while waiting for my order to arrive. The fragrance does fade after an hour or so and as it began to fade I smelled a slight spicy, cinnamon note in it. If you are very sensitive to fragrance on your face, it could be gag inducing if you hate the smell of it, but it's really not all that bad if you can get used to it and it is a very nice powder. I love the finish it gives to my face. I can't believe how much I changed my mind when forced to use it. The fragrance in it causes no irritation on my skin. There are still some days I just do not feel like smelling it but the more I use it, the less I smell it. My husband loves the smell of it, so that is a plus. I actually would repurchase this. It gives my skin a nice look on days when I wear no foundation. I enjoy the pretty, nostalgic box that reminds me of my grandmother.
*******************************************************************

Original review:
I had to revisit this recently since I've seen it mentioned a lot lately, and remember seeing it so many times on my grandmother's make up vanity when i grew up. I was sort of hoping it might be similar to my holy grail powder, Laura Mercier. Why oh why can't they lose the awful fragrance in this powder. I could not handle it and had to wash it off every time I tried it. It's just way too perfumed and it's not a nice scent either. It is a very nice powder, finely milled. Laura Mercier still has no competition that I've found yet.

*****Also let me mention, BEWARE...there are tons of fake Laura Mercier powders being sold on ebay and elsewhere. Buyer beware. There are also lots of you tube videos comparing the fakes to the real LM.

on 9/24/2017 5:39:00 PM

Years ago, I used Airspun in a neutral, translucent shade that had a warm cast to it. It was a great product. This year, I bought Translucent 070-24 to use as a setting powder for Dermablend. Ack! This is NOT what I used before. It's slightly pink and dusty on the skin. It's heavily fragranced. I used it on my legs, so the scent was overpowering. Thankfully, I tested the product before using it for an event. I'm throwing it away because I can't think of any reason to use it.

on 6/17/2017 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I wasn't sure what to think of this at first, but I'd read and seen so many reviews of it, that I had to try it. Hard to get as I'm from Canada, so had to order it online through Walmart and pick it up in the States when I was there. You can't beat the price--$5 US! I ordered two colours--translucent and naturally neutral. When I saw the shades, I immediately returned the translucent; it had a very pinkish cast to it, and the naturally neutral looked more, well, natural. I'm very happy with my choice.

There's a lot of powder in this jar--I have to tap the end of my powder brush on the top of the jar to release just enough powder as it originally wouldn't come out of the holes. Now that it's down a bit, it might come out if I tipped it over, but I find it just as easy to continue doing what I've been doing. People were right about the smell--total baby powder. It grossed me out at first as it's quite strong, but now I don't even notice it (about a month and a half after use). I did notice that the smell stays on my powder brush even though I washed it, which is interesting.

I have very oily skin, and this does a pretty good job of keeping it at bay, especially in the cooler months. It goes on nicely, and I try to buff it in a bit so it doesn't look to pale on me (I went to Mexico and got some colour, so am a little darker than my normal colouring right now). About halfway through the day, I have to touch-up and use Rimmel's Stay Matter powder for that. My other go-to powder is Boots translucent loose powder, but it's around $14 US and I can only find it in the States too, so I might end up switching to the Air Spun just because of cost, although I do find the Boots one works a little better.