Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well, I had VERY high expectations for this powder. Everyone loves it, so why wouldn't I? I have oily/combo skin that tends to peel a lot (due to using retin-a, aha, and chemical peels), yet my skin is extremely oily at the same time. That's why this powder didn't work for me. It's very drying. Normally this would be a good thing, but for me, it just clings to my dry, peeling skin. It also makes me look white-ish pink. It's the strangest color. I have a summer tan on my skin and use Jergens Natural Glow for face (love this product) so I am slightly tan and look like I am trying to make myself whiter/lighter. It's summer - so I appreciate a summer tan. This powder just isn't flattering on me. And - as someone else said - it smells like an old lady's purse. Thankfully the smell dissipates after a few minutes. I will stick to my NYX Stay Matte, Not Flat powder foundation (my hg for now).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I liked this loose powder for a long time but it's just not doing it for me. It doesn't have enough oil control for my super oily skin. After reading some of the other reviews, the talc is starting to freak me out a little bit. I'm almost considering buying a different loose powder because I didn't know that talc could cause ovarian cancer. I don't care for the fragrance either. It smells so bad oh my goodness. The only thing I like about this powder is how good it is for baking. Other than that, it's a pretty average powder. I just really wish they would get rid of the talc.

on 8/1/2016 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is an amazing powder for less than $6 at Wal Mart. I am not sure what made me take so long to try this but it is wonderful! It is very finely milled, it sets my makeup just fine - I am NW45 for reference and this is indeed transparent on my dark skin. And this controls oil. I used it today over Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation in Rich Cocoa and yesterday I wore it over Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless in Coconut. I did not touch up the entire time I was at work. Now granted I pack this on but I love a matte face. I will continue to repurchase.

on 6/14/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Everytime I use this powder is breaks me out. I don't like the extreme strong fragrance, it smells like grandma-style perfume. The smells goes away but it is there, it is intense. The packaging is messy, I always blow powder everywhere trying to get a tiny bit. I bought it because of Tati on YouTube and I dislike it.

on 11/24/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is ok if you can get past the grandma smell. It is s decent finishing powder. I didn't notice a ton of oil control but does set your makeup. Will not purchase again. I like a nice powder but prefer pressed. I hate having messy powder all over my bathroom sink. You get a lot of power for you money but it is a bit messy. Drug store brand that has been around forever but is not very high quality in my opinion.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this to set my Estee Lauder liquid foundation. I have tried other high end brands of setting powders and this by far is my holy grail and the price is amazing. I believe around $5. after using this as a setting powder it does control oil very well, If you are like me and you are not so fond of the very matt chalky look, I like more J-lo glow especially applying highlighters after, I just use the MAC prep prime fix spray after wards. It does have a smell to it but I do not mind personally. Some call it the "old lady smell" lol its not strong enough for it to bother me and it goes away when your natural oils set your makeup in. I personally somewhat feel more fresh and pampered with the fragrance. I am not to fond of the packaging, NOTE do not throw away the puffer or the sticker, a lot of product comes out so you want to control that by only cutting some of the sticker off so you have more control of how much product comes out. I hope you love it as much as I do.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very good.....AND HARD 2 FIND!! I bought 2 at my local kmart. I took the sifter off so I could just load up the powder puff it came with & it really is about the best thing I've found for oily skin. It does use up the container faster that a way so next container I am leaving the sifter on for economy purposes!! The one I am using now is translucent extra coverage but my other container is neutrally neutral I think it's called; I wanted to see the difference between the 2.

Edit 8/5/2015: I have been leaving the sifters on my powders since my review back when I first reviewed this and I find I can get enough powder out. I use this for "baking" where u leave the powder on for 15-20 mins then if there is excess I whisk it away w a fluffy brush (I use a Morphe one). Baking works supposedly better w colored powder rather than translucent so I purchased honey beige today to bake with & will update after baking w that for awhile. I was hoping that it won't be too dark but I need it to be imparting color on the skin. Baking is an old drag secret. I love Coty Airspun loose powder, best setting powder ever & I will always have it on hand and use it. It's cheap but hard to find still n if my kmart closes then I will be screwed n have to order it online. I've been using air spun forever... Ladies & gents she's baaaaking! Stay tuned....wakey wakey, eggs n baccy!!

Update 8/8/15: works wonderfully for baking! And isn't too dark. When I find this again I'm going to pick up a back up!! I would love to try Rosey Beige too. Coty Honey Beige Airspun is ideal for baking. A powder sent from the Gods to be able to bake with!! If u bake u need this powder in ur life.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I read rly good reviews about this powder and Youtube beauty gurus raving about this product and how it was being discontinued. So I took the plunge and purchased this powder and hoped for the best. I was very skeptical I tried several face powders from MAC and disliked them all. But when I tried this it literally changed my life. My skin is very very oily and this powder keeps my face matte all day and like others said your face looks absolutely flawless and perfect. My makeup stays put and looks so beautiful. My new holy grail face powder!!! Highly recommend! Get your hands on this powder its absolutely amazing! The only con is I didn't try this sooner! Obsessed with this product. HOLY GRAIL POWDER!

on 9/30/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off let me start off by saying I adore the smell of this powder. When I use it I feel like I am transported back in time. The powder is silky and light on the skin. it helps a lot with my very oily skin and I like that it doesn't cake up on me. Also you get SO much product. I have had mine for about a year and use it every day but have still not used it all up. When and if the day comes I will be repurchasing this and living out my dream of living in the 50's

on 9/18/2012 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

-made my eyes sting
-is a good light setting powder