Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 9/7/2018 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Firstly, I did not purchase this. It was given to me as a gift. I would not purchase unless this powder becomes cruelty free. But, coming from strictly a stance of reviewing the product itself, I have to say that this is possibly the best powder I've ever used. EVER.

I have the "Naturally Neutral" shade, which is a very light translucent. It doesn't really add any color, but I do find that it tones down the yellow undertones in my skin and gives almost a porcelain look, which I adore. I have used this for a couple days now to set my BB cream and my undereye concealer, and it works beautifully for both. It smooths my HAYUGE pores and really blurs the tiny fine lines under my eyes without emphasizing anything. I sometimes get dry patches, and this doesn't seem to accentuate them either. It's really awesome. It also contains no shimmer, but doesn't leave the skin looking dull.

This particular shade is scented, and while I don't mind it (it's got a nostalgic feel to it), it may be off-putting for some. It's quite floral and perfume-y.

The newer packaging doesn't have quite the vintage vibe of the old, but it's still dang good. It's not a screw-on lid, but I don't feel it's not secure or sturdy. It feels substantial. The sifter is actually decent in that it doesn't allow too much product to come out. This is mega helpful, as this is a very finely milled powder, so too much would make a mess. I can't really get on board with the puff it comes with, as it's a bit too wispy, but it does a good job of keeping the powder from escaping the sifter while the container is closed. I may purchase a large velour puff to keep in there instead, as I prefer a puff for application. That being said, this stuff does apply beautifully with a brush.

I've seen this go for $6 to $7, which is amazing since there's 2.3 ounces versus the e.l.f. loose powder that only amounts to 0.28 ounces. You're getting nearly ten times the amount that other loose powders on the market!

I really hope this becomes a cruelty-free brand, because even though it'll take me a million years to run out of this stuff, I would love to have the option to restock.

on 9/5/2018 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love! I have been using this product for about a week now (full coverage translucent) and I did not expect to love this so much. I was at first worried about this purchase when I patch tested this face powder next to my elf setting powder and saw that it wasn't as finely milled. I'm glad I tried it anyway because my make up has been looking absolutely phenomenal. I work at a tanning salon and it gets hot, and I'm running around like a crazy woman at times. with zero touch ups, I have very minimal creasing, only finding problem areas in between my brows and a crease on my nose. Is this product like MUFE HD powder? absolutely not. Is this far better value/more product/easier to distribute on the face? yes! Side note--I actually love the poof it comes with. I've been using it instead of a brush and I love it. I simply just pour the powder into the lid, and poof it on!

on 10/9/2017 1:13:00 AM

Let’s start off by saying the overall look of the powder is decent. It’s pretty good for the price, but the only thing that threw me off is it is straight up PINK toned. I am fair and have a yellow undertone, so everywhere I applied this powder I had a ugly pink cast. I thought it was the foundation I was using but I was wrong. The powder is supposed to be translucent, not pink. Although the look of the powder isn't cakey itself I would not purchase this again. It made my face a mess.

UPDATE :

I just find out what makes my foundation breaks after 5 hours. It's my Naruko anti-acne sunblock. One day i just ran out of my sunblock and i'm in a hurry so i just skip sunblock that day. I go with my usual routine which is moisturiser, foundation, concealer and airspun powder. And you know what?? My foundation looks AMAZING! My skin doesn't look that good in so long. My foundation lasted for almost 12 hours with very minimal touch-up. I'm loving this powder day by day by far the best setting powder i've ever have.

It's a love-hate feeling with this powder. I love this powder set my foundation. It looks flawless. A little goes a long way. Plus it so affordable and it lasts a very very long time.

But what I hate about this powder is the smell. OMG, i cannot stand the grandma smell. So strong. And the other downside (for me) is, it does set my foundation nice and beautiful. But, I'm very careful not to over powder because it will make my foundation look cakey and mask-y. Weird right? Yes, it happens to me. And after 5 hours using it I realised that all my foundation caked. I tried so many different foundations with this powder and I get the same result after 5 hours. I dunno what's going on but it's kinda sad because I wanted this powder to works on me so bad. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely hate this powder. The powder isn't exactly translucent, it has a very pinky undertone to it which changes my foundation color dramatically. Also I feel that this powder sets my foundation but at the same time it breaks up my foundation on my chin. Would absolutely not recommend.

on 4/16/2017 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this to set the rest of my face that's not highlighted just before I contour. This powder Issa mask, it absorbs every oil.
Pros: it's affordable, it's long lasting I mean, this really takes agessss to get through, it's a mask, it gives you that extra coverage.
Cons: it comes with a flimsy powder puff ( tip: I replaced mine with the Laura mercier puff) , some may find the smell off putting as it's really ancient powdery type of scent, but it doesn't bother me, packaging!!! This needs to be improved. as this is my staple product I'll usually travel with it everywhere! And I find that it pours into the closed cap when packed find that a bit messy.

The holy grail powder for me. I'm very fair skin toned so the color is perfect for me. Sets my makeup perfectly all day, keeps the oil under control. Plus dirt cheap and one container probably lasts me nine months. Been using this product fot over ten years and every time I'm forced to try something else I'm left disappointed. It's getting harder to find though which makes me worried.

Love this powder, I replaced my Laura Mercier setting powder with this one. Smell is a little over powering, but not the worst smell in the world! Hopefully I can find this in the UK!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in the shades Translucent Extra Coverage and Naturally Neutral. I use TE to set cream, cake make up. I use NN daily applied with a damp BB under my eyes to set concealer (at the moment timebalm) and to set liquid found. (Kat von D or Clinique). I have oily skin and this keeps me matte. I love the huge Container and the vintage scent of Lorigan. Its finelly milled and can be bought for 6-7 bucks. Its 65 g and comes in a plastic Container with a whie poofy thing i keep around for travelling but dont use it. Works great with the huge RT powder brush its huge but fits the coty container perfectly.

I absolutely love this as a setting powder. You get a ton of product and its easy to pile and bake with it. I actually prefer it over my bare minerals, one because it is so much cheaper and two because of the look and easy use. It also doesn't fly around and make a huge mess like my NYX translucent powder. It is a creamier powder. The only bad thing about this is on mine, the lid isn't a screw on, it just sits on there, so it can be bad if you drop it and the lid pops off. The powder does have a fairly strong older people smell, but i honestly can't say i dislike it. I guess it may bring back old memories. Overall a great product and will most likely be used every day for me.