Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 10/9/2017 1:13:00 AM

Let’s start off by saying the overall look of the powder is decent. It’s pretty good for the price, but the only thing that threw me off is it is straight up PINK toned. I am fair and have a yellow undertone, so everywhere I applied this powder I had a ugly pink cast. I thought it was the foundation I was using but I was wrong. The powder is supposed to be translucent, not pink. Although the look of the powder isn't cakey itself I would not purchase this again. It made my face a mess.

UPDATE :

I just find out what makes my foundation breaks after 5 hours. It's my Naruko anti-acne sunblock. One day i just ran out of my sunblock and i'm in a hurry so i just skip sunblock that day. I go with my usual routine which is moisturiser, foundation, concealer and airspun powder. And you know what?? My foundation looks AMAZING! My skin doesn't look that good in so long. My foundation lasted for almost 12 hours with very minimal touch-up. I'm loving this powder day by day by far the best setting powder i've ever have.

It's a love-hate feeling with this powder. I love this powder set my foundation. It looks flawless. A little goes a long way. Plus it so affordable and it lasts a very very long time.

But what I hate about this powder is the smell. OMG, i cannot stand the grandma smell. So strong. And the other downside (for me) is, it does set my foundation nice and beautiful. But, I'm very careful not to over powder because it will make my foundation look cakey and mask-y. Weird right? Yes, it happens to me. And after 5 hours using it I realised that all my foundation caked. I tried so many different foundations with this powder and I get the same result after 5 hours. I dunno what's going on but it's kinda sad because I wanted this powder to works on me so bad. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely hate this powder. The powder isn't exactly translucent, it has a very pinky undertone to it which changes my foundation color dramatically. Also I feel that this powder sets my foundation but at the same time it breaks up my foundation on my chin. Would absolutely not recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Classic. Best setting powder for the price. I only wish they would turn down the perfume! I use the translucent to set everything from foundation to lipstick. Great stuff!

on 4/16/2017 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this to set the rest of my face that's not highlighted just before I contour. This powder Issa mask, it absorbs every oil.
Pros: it's affordable, it's long lasting I mean, this really takes agessss to get through, it's a mask, it gives you that extra coverage.
Cons: it comes with a flimsy powder puff ( tip: I replaced mine with the Laura mercier puff) , some may find the smell off putting as it's really ancient powdery type of scent, but it doesn't bother me, packaging!!! This needs to be improved. as this is my staple product I'll usually travel with it everywhere! And I find that it pours into the closed cap when packed find that a bit messy.

The holy grail powder for me. I'm very fair skin toned so the color is perfect for me. Sets my makeup perfectly all day, keeps the oil under control. Plus dirt cheap and one container probably lasts me nine months. Been using this product fot over ten years and every time I'm forced to try something else I'm left disappointed. It's getting harder to find though which makes me worried.

Love this powder, I replaced my Laura Mercier setting powder with this one. Smell is a little over powering, but not the worst smell in the world! Hopefully I can find this in the UK!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in the shades Translucent Extra Coverage and Naturally Neutral. I use TE to set cream, cake make up. I use NN daily applied with a damp BB under my eyes to set concealer (at the moment timebalm) and to set liquid found. (Kat von D or Clinique). I have oily skin and this keeps me matte. I love the huge Container and the vintage scent of Lorigan. Its finelly milled and can be bought for 6-7 bucks. Its 65 g and comes in a plastic Container with a whie poofy thing i keep around for travelling but dont use it. Works great with the huge RT powder brush its huge but fits the coty container perfectly.

I absolutely love this as a setting powder. You get a ton of product and its easy to pile and bake with it. I actually prefer it over my bare minerals, one because it is so much cheaper and two because of the look and easy use. It also doesn't fly around and make a huge mess like my NYX translucent powder. It is a creamier powder. The only bad thing about this is on mine, the lid isn't a screw on, it just sits on there, so it can be bad if you drop it and the lid pops off. The powder does have a fairly strong older people smell, but i honestly can't say i dislike it. I guess it may bring back old memories. Overall a great product and will most likely be used every day for me.

I bought the translucent extra coverage, the oil-control is amazing on my oily, acne-prone skin. I could get away for 6 hours without blotting (usually I have to blot every 3 hours) and my skin would still look semi-matte. The fragrance doesn't bother me much, I think they have reduced the fragrance since it's not overpowering at all like from what I've read. It does tend to make your face look cakey, so always use a light hand. However only after 2 weeks of using this powder, cystic acne began to show up on my skin, at first I thought the cause was something else, then I gave it another try and the cystic acne showed up more :'(. I guess my skin doesn't tolerate mineral oil which is listed as one of the ingredients.