Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 11/5/2017 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Smells way too strong for me to wear, that of an old lady as everyone talks about. Gives me a headache whenever I apply and makes my stomach hurt. Besides its strong LINGERING scent (I actually have it on as I'm writing this review), it has flashback on my medium toned skin, I absolutely hate which eventually led to me tossing it. On the other hand it's very inexpensive, you get a huge amount, and it's great for oil control as with any powder. As much as I wanted to love this and join the bandwagon, I just can't stand the smell 😷

on 10/26/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the vintage packaging & the crazy amount of powder you’re getting, that literally going to last forever! Not to mention to affordable price.
It’s not a travel- friendly tho, since it’s so bulky.

I use it for the “baking technique”, but as a setting powder- it’s too drying on my normal-dry skin. Maybe more suitable for oily skin?
It’s also have a pinkish hue, that (some what) mess with the color of the foundation.
As to date, I own seven different “translusant” powders
(RCMA, Coty, elf, NYC,innisfree,Rimmel,essence)
All of them contain a white, yellowish, pinkish hue,
That ״interfering״ with the foundation to some extent, this on is no exception.

Hands down my favorite setting powder! I just wish it didn't smell like my grandma's house, that is my only complaint. The fragrance thankfully doesn't last on the skin.

on 8/13/2017 11:34:00 AM

I tried this after getting recommended by my friends. As much as I want to love this product, it gives me some kind of itchiness after applying them on my face. I have combi skin but this product kinda irritates my skin (even though i dont have sensitive skin). The smell doesnt bothers me. It's just the itch i can't stand! Not gonna repurchase.

on 8/13/2017 10:02:00 AM

I bought this product due to some rave reviews and I thought I want to try it. Took me awhile to find it at Wal-Mart. Not bad just the awful smell makes me sick for some reason and found out it has Parabens on it! I don't use it all the time just sometimes when I needed it.

on 7/21/2017 12:42:00 PM

I have combo skin, I was absolutely excited to purchase this product and try it out, but once I opened it, the smell of baby powder and elder-perfume maksed the room and my face and after 2 hours of wearing the powder, I realized I had cake face

on 5/30/2017 6:06:00 PM

This powder is my holy grail! I am very pale with oily skin around my T-Zone and this keeps my make up in place all day! my only problem is the availability at my Walmart and the packaging. The packaging is just a lid that pushes on and off, it does not screw. it also comes with the little plastic thing that you released the powder through but I took that out completely so I could put my beauty blender in the powder and dab it on my face.

For those who have really oily skin and feels this doesn't help, I would suggest after you dust the powder over your face to also take a sponge and layer on a thick layer over the most oily spots. After a few minutes, use a brush to brush off the excess. I believe others call this the baking method. This technique has helped my makeup last over 10 hours withoit touch up, something I could never do with any other powder! I have used the powder this way outside of work in different activities and locations and it has lasted me through the most humid of weather and even exercise. I would put on a base with sunscreen, a layer of bb cream, then use the powder like how I mentioned before, and even after 5 hours of hiking (yes I wear makeup even when hiking) my skin looks flawless and grease free. I have had oily skin since I was in 6th grade and this powder has been something I used since I was a teenager off and on. After learning the baking method I finally found a product and a technique that could keep my oily skin under control during the day! There is also so much product that it feels like you will never run out, which is fine since powder makeup can last much longer that liquid. Best to buy it from Walmart since it offers the cheapest price!

on 5/2/2017 5:44:00 PM

For oily skin I think this would be great. However, I have combo/dry skin and it's not friendly with my dry areas. (even when I try to avoid those areas) I also think the fragrance inside (smells like grandma, which isn't bad but...) breaks me out. Powder is pretty finely milled but feels heavy on my skin, probably due to the drying factor. (my skin being dry)

When I first bought into the hype and tried this powder, I absolutely hated it. It looked cakey over my foundation and clumped up around my forehead and nose no matter how I prepped my skin, what foundation I used, and how I applied the powder (baking, very light dusting, nada). I couldn't justify throwing it away with how much powder was left, so Airspun ended up being tossed to the back of my collection.

BUT THEN. I was looking for a powder foundation with medium coverage that I could wear on a daily basis with minimal touch ups. I decided to experiment and pulled out Airspun again, instead buffing it into my mostly bare skin (on top of moisturizer and concealer) with a round top kabuki. And it was love.

I have combination skin that's been on the oily side lately, and while I've been having issues with my face getting shiny a few hours later, this powder kept my skin matte and velvety all day--maybe even a little TOO matte (which is an error on my part; I could have benefited from the use of a highlighter). I have a few acne scars and discoloration, and while they were not completely covered they were less noticeable and my skin looked nicer overall. Wearing it this way did not look cakey whatsoever, and it's nice to know it still serves a purpose for me. I have Translucent Extra Coverage, and its undertone is a little too neutral for my NC30 skin, but nothing that bothers me too much. My blush and bronzer went on smoothly on top of this, and I have no other complaints.

Bottom line: if baking or setting with Coty Airspun didn't work for you, try using it as a powder foundation!