Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 2/15/2018 8:24:00 PM

I think that i'm cursed... I am usually in the minority when it comes to products that people love, and this is no exception.

I remember I tried this once, and i remember the oil control being amazing... but now that I have used it a handful of times, im thinking that it must have been the foundation or maybe just a good skin day because i CANT get this to work!!!

I have tried applying with different brushes and techniques to no avil, FFS! Not to mention, it really does smell like walking into your grandmas house. I also think the fact that it has mineral oil in it makes a pimple or two pop up here and there which is disappointing. Also, it doesnt set my foundation well - I look ashy and calky, all while still being oily 30 mins later.

I wish I could return this, I really have no use for it now.

on 2/3/2018 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I like this powder very much, but one has to be REAL careful with this if one is of a "certain age." Not because of the fragrance, which is evidently controversial, but because it's REAL easy to use too much of it. It covers up a lot of wrinkles, but it also settles into them and can look cakey if you are using the "translucent extra coverage," as I do. So it's helpful to use a light hand; if you do that, this will work well for oily-skinned ladies like me (even "mature" ones - again, like me). A light hand also helps to counter the limited color selection.

I think this powder would also be excellent for baking. I've not tried that; although baking fascinates me, I don't have the patience required to bake. But I think it would suit very well and could easily result in an excellent look. This powder cuts down oil for a long time, and that's what I like about it - that and its affordability.

The thing with the fragrance is this. It's pungent for maybe five, ten minutes. And then it softens. IMO, the results are worth it, but then I like old-school Coty fragrances and old-school cosmetic houses. I refrain from speculating about how popular this powder would be if in some kind of alternate universe a couture label slapped its name on it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

- Very nice powder.
- Adds an incredible softness to the skin.
- You'll achieve very flawless skin when using this.
- Does have a slight pink undertone, I'm afraid that it will turn up a bit ashy on darker skintones.
- The smell is very strong and perfumish, however it disappears when it is blended.
- Does have a slight flashback on photos!

** I bought the colour translucent **

on 11/5/2017 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Smells way too strong for me to wear, that of an old lady as everyone talks about. Gives me a headache whenever I apply and makes my stomach hurt. Besides its strong LINGERING scent (I actually have it on as I'm writing this review), it has flashback on my medium toned skin, I absolutely hate which eventually led to me tossing it. On the other hand it's very inexpensive, you get a huge amount, and it's great for oil control as with any powder. As much as I wanted to love this and join the bandwagon, I just can't stand the smell 😷

Hands down my favorite setting powder! I just wish it didn't smell like my grandma's house, that is my only complaint. The fragrance thankfully doesn't last on the skin.

on 8/13/2017 11:34:00 AM

I tried this after getting recommended by my friends. As much as I want to love this product, it gives me some kind of itchiness after applying them on my face. I have combi skin but this product kinda irritates my skin (even though i dont have sensitive skin). The smell doesnt bothers me. It's just the itch i can't stand! Not gonna repurchase.

on 8/13/2017 10:02:00 AM

I bought this product due to some rave reviews and I thought I want to try it. Took me awhile to find it at Wal-Mart. Not bad just the awful smell makes me sick for some reason and found out it has Parabens on it! I don't use it all the time just sometimes when I needed it.

on 7/21/2017 12:42:00 PM

I have combo skin, I was absolutely excited to purchase this product and try it out, but once I opened it, the smell of baby powder and elder-perfume maksed the room and my face and after 2 hours of wearing the powder, I realized I had cake face

on 5/30/2017 6:06:00 PM

This powder is my holy grail! I am very pale with oily skin around my T-Zone and this keeps my make up in place all day! my only problem is the availability at my Walmart and the packaging. The packaging is just a lid that pushes on and off, it does not screw. it also comes with the little plastic thing that you released the powder through but I took that out completely so I could put my beauty blender in the powder and dab it on my face.

For those who have really oily skin and feels this doesn't help, I would suggest after you dust the powder over your face to also take a sponge and layer on a thick layer over the most oily spots. After a few minutes, use a brush to brush off the excess. I believe others call this the baking method. This technique has helped my makeup last over 10 hours withoit touch up, something I could never do with any other powder! I have used the powder this way outside of work in different activities and locations and it has lasted me through the most humid of weather and even exercise. I would put on a base with sunscreen, a layer of bb cream, then use the powder like how I mentioned before, and even after 5 hours of hiking (yes I wear makeup even when hiking) my skin looks flawless and grease free. I have had oily skin since I was in 6th grade and this powder has been something I used since I was a teenager off and on. After learning the baking method I finally found a product and a technique that could keep my oily skin under control during the day! There is also so much product that it feels like you will never run out, which is fine since powder makeup can last much longer that liquid. Best to buy it from Walmart since it offers the cheapest price!