Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 10/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to revisit this since I've seen it mentioned a lot lately, and remember seeing it so many times on my grandmother's make up vanity when i grew up. I was sort of hoping it might be similar to my holy grail powder, Laura Mercier. Why oh why can't they lose the awful fragrance in this powder. I could not handle it and had to wash it off every time I tried it. It's just way too perfumed and it's not a nice scent either. Also, it is not transparent and has a pinky tone that looked horrible on my skin. It is a nice powder, finely milled, if they would lose the scent and the pink tones it might be a winner. So Laura Mercier still has no competition that I've found yet.
*****Also let me mention, there are tons of fake Laura Mercier powders being sold on ebay and elsewhere. Buyer beware. There are also lots of you tube videos comparing the fakes to the real LM.

on 9/24/2017 5:39:00 PM

Years ago, I used Airspun in a neutral, translucent shade that had a warm cast to it. It was a great product. This year, I bought Translucent 070-24 to use as a setting powder for Dermablend. Ack! This is NOT what I used before. It's slightly pink and dusty on the skin. It's heavily fragranced. I used it on my legs, so the scent was overpowering. Thankfully, I tested the product before using it for an event. I'm throwing it away because I can't think of any reason to use it.

on 9/17/2017 10:51:00 PM

I was recommended this product by a friend of mine and I was pleased by it, but I do have some cons for it as well.
Pros:
Keeps makeup in place
Very good at baking
Adds coverage

Cons:
Very drying (I ALWAYS have to use a hydration mist because it sucks all the moisture out of my face)
The smell...

This is very scented and honestly I don't particularly care for the scent. It has a very 1920s expired perfume smell, again, not something I love. This powder did leave me very dry, I'm not kidding when I say dry, I mean, just Sahara desert-level. That being said, my skin is a nice neutral color and I always choose yellower foundations so the translucent shade does wonders to match my skin and I like it a lot. It makes my makeup when I apply a slippery wet foundation go from a slime pit to a beautiful blank set canvas. This powder is very finely mild and well crafted. I will not debunk any of the claims about this particular powder and I will say that you are getting a lot of product for the price especially. I would just recommend that if you use this, apply a hydrating setting spray afterwards or it's going to be so drying.

I don't understand why this powder is called translucent when there's pigment to it. It's very pink, I'm sick of all this pink foundation and powder, no ones skin is pink, no one wants a pink hue to their skin. It's somewhat beige also, so it's useable. I don't understand why they can't make these off white. It does silightly make my foundation look a weird color and uneven.
I hate how there's a lot of shimmer in it, who wants their entire face shimmery? We wouldn't want shimmer in foundation, so why in powder?
It does keep oil away, I haven't noticed my face feeling dry and tight from it. It has a perfume smell, but not horribly, I haven't noticed this breaking out my face yet. The price is decent.
UPDATE: This broke my face out horribly, they really need to make face powders with gentle ingredients. The ingridents are obviously way to harsh or should not be used on the face to clog pores that bad and cause breakouts.

I have absolutely nothing positive to say about this powder. The packaging is horrendous, powder gets EVERYWHERE every single time I touch it. As soon as the powder gets on my face it oxidizes and turns me into a complete orange, offsetting my entire base. The smell is insanely overpowering and gives me a headache. Besides all of this, it also doesn't wear well. It breaks up all around my nose and chin no matter what foundation I put it over (the foundations wear fine with other powders). I truly don't understand how anyone enjoys this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ohh this powder has never failed me! It's a timeless classic that works so well. I had only ever used the translucent extra coverage. The container always lasts me over a year! You just cannot go wrong with this! Always one of my hg!! :)

on 9/25/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Been using this powder for about a month now with no problems. I've stopped using foundation and press it over my moisturizer with spf. Wait a few then buff with a kabuki. Looks better than anything i've ever used. I'm 67 and this gives my face a flawless finish. Couldn't be happier to find that less is more. I don't mind the smell. At least the fragrance doesn't choke me like some perfumes people wear, ugh!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Definitely holy grail status. This powder is lovely, finely milled, affordable. I have fair skin and find the translucent shade is actually a good match for my complexion. As I don't have very dark circles under my eyes, most days I can use E.L.F. essential eye primer under my eyes and top just with this powder. I then use Jane Iredale pressed mineral powder in Radiant just under the hollows under my eyes. The result is comparable to using the most expensive concealer and since I have wrinkles under and around my eyes, keeping makeup to a minimum there is imperative. Can't recommend highly enough. The only drawback is the container. Some have a plastic cover with holes, but some come with just plastic wrap over the powder. Both are messy. I transfer the product to an empty Ben Nye powder container with sifter top and it now transports and dispenses perfectly.

on 10/19/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the Translucent extra coverage and it is okay. I haven't noticed any flashback in pictures and applied with a light hand it doesn't cause cakey-ness. It really does set your makeup, but I did notice on my skin if I used too much it would dull my blush and bronzer. I really like it for baking. Its so perfect for that technique and it will set all your under eye area very well. It's very soft on the face too. Not quite as finely milled as my UD or Dior powder, but for $6, I can't complain since the result is decent. It's definitely a matte finish with no sheen, glow, or glitter. I didnt find any problem with adding a powder illuminator over the top. It still looked natural. There is a scent, but it doesn't bother me at all. The packaging is big and bulky and not at all easy for travel. At least the design is attactive and the vintage look is super cute! I will continue to use this and experiment with it. Overall, I am pleased with this product and the price is right on point.

I've been using this ever since college, which for me was 15 years ago. I originally picked it up because I was looking for a powder which wasn't as matte as the pressed powder compacts, and I was attracted by the cool vintage packaging. I've loved the way the translucent powder looks on me ever since, and I've always enjoyed the fragrance.

I didn't mind the change in packaging; you get just as much, and the plastic tub is quite a bit more durable than the old cardboard box. I generally transfer it to a ceramic powder box on my dresser anyway, but the plastic tub with pouf is quite handy for keeping in a desk drawer at work.

However, I very much dislike the change in the fragrance. It used to be a lovely rich scent, the classic L'Origan. However, I noticed when I used up my last box that the new scent is quite harsh and...chemical, for lack of a better adjective. I'll stick with the powder for now, because I like the look of it, but I very much wish they'd change the fragrance back to the old one. Seems like anytime I find a cosmetic or grooming product I like, they change it so that it's not as effective or they change the scent so that I don't like it, or just straight up discontinue it (see my review for Pond's dry skin cream).