Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 6/17/2018 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I will be like another reviewer and give this powder a little credit for the size of the container and the price. It's widely available, and if you can deal with the fragrance, you can have a nice product for very little money!

But I cannot deal with the fragrance. I kept trying, because I am stubborn and/or have a bad memory, but finally I got wise and pitched this powder.

It's not like I don't like old-lady fragrances, because I love a surprising number of overly-fragranced products (Guerlain comes to mind). This is not one of them, sadly.

on 1/30/2018 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This retro-cheap powder has been around for decades. I have not used it since the 90's. It is very cheap but cut with talc and other fillers. Not great - but not the worst. thankfully, it did NOT make me break out back then. Not sure about now (My skin was combo/oily back then and now is dry.

I got this after months of hearing the hype about it and I was so excited! I have dry skin so I don't use too much powder anyway, so I didn't need this powder to work wonders. When I opened it it does have quite a strong floral-y scent to it, but I liked the scent so it didn't bother me. I used it with a brush and I didn't really notice anything different to my usual Rimmel powder, but it did make my skin SUPER soft! It didn't dry it out or anything. I then began using it to set under my under eye concealer mix of the NYX under eye colour corrector and my Maybelline age rewind. I did it using my Real Techniques beauty blender (damp of course) to press the powder in as I tend to get very noticeable crease lines her and the powder fixed them all! Overall a great buy and not too expensive so I will definitely be buying again!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was really excited when my mom brought me Airspun since she knew I'd been dying to try it out since I saw one of my favorite youtubers rave about it. As soon as I opened it, the smell was a little disturbing but I managed to stomach it. When I did put it on, it left my skin feeling very soft but I noticed it exagerated a dry patch (which I didn't even know was there!), and that was when things started going downhill. I tested the product on flash and I finally understood when people said "flashback mary!" Before coming to a verdict as to why there was flashback, I read reviews from a handfull of sites and saw that many people didn't recommend this product for darker skin tones (which I am). I thought that because I wasn't as dark as my other beautiful POC MAU, I would be fine. oh was I wrong. I don't really regret buying this because it was just $5, but if I would've known better, I could've saved up those $5 to buy a setting powder that didn't make me look like a ghost with flash photography! My point is, research a product before you buy it, ESPECIALLY if you're making the purchase online.

on 12/27/2016 3:20:00 PM

Totally different now that it is made in china. Don't waste your money. Its not the powder people have loved for years

on 11/21/2016 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fantastic loose powder to set my make up. However, it does really chalky on my dry skin. Even on my dewy finish foundation. Yes it works wonderfully to hold up my makeup all day long, that's why I still using this product.

Pros:
- Great job to set up the foundations and under eye concealer
- Nice longevity without creasing
- Cheap
- Much product in a jar
- Quite fine-milled

Cons:
- Smells awful like grandma fragrance, but much stronger
- Look chalky and ghosty on dry skin
- The packaging is not good

All in all, the only pros are just the price and the good job on holding up my makeup as a product, which I love. However aside from that, I loathe the fragrance and the chalky feeling on my skin. And the packaging makes it quite hard to pick up the powder from the jar. Now I pull out the plastic cap inside the jar. But still, not working for me. It is a mess!
Will I buy it again? Guess I will try the high end product after :)

This powder is just a really good powder for setting and highlighting if you know how to use it. Its the best setting powder you can get at any drugstore. The main ingredient is talc and there's a lot of it so it's very easy to over powder how ever you can mist it away with your favorite setting spray. I've used almost all the Shades my favorite is the luminous, naturally neutral and translucent. Honey beige and translucent extra coverage are very powdery looking for some reason. Anyway I loved this powder and use it almost everyday for 5 years.

on 8/24/2016 8:52:00 AM

So I actually really like this stuff. The only thing was the smell the first time was so shocking. It's soooo strong like old lady perfume smell. But I've gotten used to it now. I've found that I had to get the balance right with this. The first time I used it it left my face pretty pale but now I've been using it to bake my highlighted spots and I really like the outcome. I'm a realy pale too but it made my highlighted areas stay and pop and look airbrushed. Would buy again if I ever run out because it's a ton in there.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

As Im nearing my mid thirties powder started to make me look much older than iam..... After being told by several friends to lose the powder in order to look my age or younger I was mortified. I had always loved wearing powder. I had purchased this several times in 18 years but it always was lost or stolen. So after reading rave reviews and reading Dita von Teese uses it as body makeup I decided to try it again. I bought translucent extra coverage and I'm so happy I did. This powder looks great clean and soft and dosent settle in and enhance any fine lines. I love the scent and it dosent make me break out. This is my new HIgh and far as powders go. No wonder it's stood the test of time since the 1920s!!!

on 7/18/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Translucent Extra Coverage and really like it very much. It does have a bit of a flowery scent (I don't love it) but it dissipates fast. The powder is VERY FINELY MILLED and it really melds into the skin beautifully. I use it to set my concealer, BB cream and/or foundation. It also could be worn along on a warm day, just for something light and natural over moisturized skin. The amount of product is enormous - I am not sure I will ever finish it all! I do use a brush or a sponge, not the puff that comes with it. I feel I have better control that way. I put a little bit into the lid and swirl it around with my brush in there, tap off excess and have at it. Really great product and a true bargain.