Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/27/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this powder! I've been using it for baking my concealer. It works really well!!! I must admit though , I'm a little concerned about the talc. I'll need to do some more research.

on 11/21/2016 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you watch day time tv ever, you've probably seen the lawyer commercials encouraging you to call them if you or a loved one was diagnosed or died of ovarian cancer after using talc/talcum powder. There have been some recent studies indicating talc increases the chance of ovarian cancer, which is usually fatal by the time it's diagnosed, and 2-3 large jury verdicts in court (which as sure to be substantially reduced on appeal). Talc is found in a good few face powders too, esp old ones.

You don't apply talc directly to your ovaries to increase your risk/development of ovarian cancer: you just put it on your skin, which is the largest organ of your body. Think of it as laying in a cancer bed or out in the sun. It's an unnecessary, ridiculous risk, it's totally avoidable, and you can do without a form of cancer that often isn't caught until it's affected other organs, causing another cancer that's readily noticeable.

Talc is the primary ingredient in this great grandma powder. I'm 45, and this was some stuff one or two of my GREAT grandmas had on hand. It still smells like it's been sitting in on a vanity for 125 years, just like it did back in 1976. It's cool that it carried a color called Rachel (a fair that shows up almost white), but it's crap.

I'm not joking about that. If you're still using this stuff, you need to stop immediately & check labels for being talc-free--ovarian cancer is esp ugly & can strike YOUNG (I had a cousin who died from it at 32). Everything new on the market, and there's plenty for the same price, have beautiful finishes & don't get thick on the skin like Coty's Airspun does. It has so much dry white talc, it delivers a visible layer right out the gate & pulls way ahead with additional layers. It has to have other tinted pigments to tame the talc! And sure it has some absorbency, but think about putting a lot of body powder in your shoes & wearing them barefoot after a work out: the excess powder clumps up/looks clumpy. I would venture to say it the absolute bottom of the market in performance.

Please don't buy this. It smells 125 years old, everybody can see you're wearing powder that's too light b/c how much white talc is in it, & talc, the primary ingredient, is known carcinogen for a cancer that usually isn't caught until it's a very high death risk (as is SKIN CANCER, mademoiselles). Throw it away and enjoy the pursuit of so many delightful powders out there that deliver angelic finishes while doing what else you want it to.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very luxurious powder. There's a silver screen glamorous feel that goes along with using it. It does it's job as a powder and then some: it gives a soft look to your skin, and provides medium coverage; it decreases the visibility of scars and pockmarks. It can definitely hold its own when compared to department store powders. I truly enjoy using this powder, and it somewhat worries me that Coty has been steadily discontinuing colors; it'll be a sad day if I go to buy it and find out that the whole line had been discontinued. But, I will enjoy it while I can.
Edit: I just thought I would add a note on application: I came to this loose powder from pressed powder. When applying the pressed, I would swirl the puff in the powder and drag it across the foundation on my face. If you do that with Airspun, you'll have a terrible makeup finish; it will move your foundation around. *Pat* the powder filled fluffy puff all over your face, like you'd see in an old Hollywood film, and then gently push off excess with either the puff or a brush; and your finish will be smooth.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this product in "Translucent." I've been using this for a while, so I think I can review it now. First off, my skin is naturally quite dry and doesn't really produce oil on its own; however, I slather my face in sunscreen and moisturizer every day, so I can sometimes look a bit greasy when I step out of the house. So I can't speak to wear time if your skin is actively producing oil, but I do know how it applies and looks on skin that's got some oil on it already. Simple fact is, this powder actually does a great job of mattifying without making my skin look overly chalky or "oddly" matte. There's still a slight glow to my skin, but I don't leave the house looking like a greaseball. Second of all, that finish lasts all day; it doesn't look like the powder wears off my skin at all (although, as I said, my skin doesn't actively produce much oil, so your mileage may vary as with all face products).

There is a gentle, slightly sweet fragrance to the product, so you may want to skip this if your skin is sensitive to that kind of thing. I personally find it quite pleasant and not overpowering, sharp, or "chemical" at all. The product comes packaged in a tub with two lids: the upper one comes off easily and reveals a puff, and the one under the puff you have to pry up with your fingernails. I prefer a fluffy brush for powder application, but I've used the puff a few times and it applies okay as well.

Ultimately, whether you like this product will be entirely dependent on your skin chemistry and type. But I'd encourage you to give it a try--especially if you're not ultra-oily, you just want a nice silky smooth matte finish to your skin (which is the big runway makeup trend this year, as opposed to the bright dewy faces we've seen in previous springs). I will probably repurchase when I run out--which will take a while, there's a TON of product in there--because it's a nice, easy to use, no-fuss product that does exactly what I want it to.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

In the past I have never liked loose powder or translucent powder because even though it was supposed to be translucent it lightened my shade, especially in tan summer months, too much. Not this powder. It gives me a nice finish (to me it seems with a slight sparkle, not matte). It's very fine and gives me beautiful, light coverage. It doesn't change the shade of my liquid foundation. This is what I have used daily for the last year and I still have over half of the jar left. I use a blush brush instead of the puff for application. (The puff makes the powder heavy looking and cakey) the only down side is that you loose powder every time you open it and it gets all over. Other than that this is and will be for a very long tim my favorite face powder.