Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week and I'm loving it! I use it to "bake" and it works perfectly. I have oily skin and it has helped keep it under control. I also love the smell! I reminds me of the way Cabbage Patch dolls used to smell when I was a kid!lol

this was one of the first powders I ever bought and I love the amount you get for such a low price. but this did not work for me, it made me look cakey, no matter how little I used, also I didn't like the scent of this also it is really messy and will get all over my counter

on 3/1/2013 2:51:00 PM

This powder isn't appropriate for oily skin OR those who don't want mineral oil on their face. I thought I was going nuts when I'd use it to mattify my shiny areas, then feel greasy again quite soon. It's because it contains mineral oil and lanolin!

Too bad, I loved the packaging.

i got this in "translucent" and used it over a tinted moisturizer, it looks ok nothing to write home about, so not sure if i will use it again over a regular foundation

on 11/22/2010 5:21:00 PM

I'm in love. I use the translucent version of this to set my concealer, and it is amazing. I find that the translucent version actually has a white cast to it, which is great for me because I am super pale. This powder lasts all day and sinks right into my skin. It looks really natural and not like I have on powder. I love that it was only six dollars for a GIANT container. Oh my goodness, they give you so much product. The only downside is that this powder isn't great for traveling, even with the sifter, and the smell. Oh gosh, the smell. It's terrible.

on 10/30/2010 1:00:00 PM

I tried this in the translucent color. Unfortunately, I think it makes me look chalky and I'm quite pale to begin with. It also gives very little coverage, especially since you can't apply very much because of the chalkiness. It is very heavily fragranced. It has an old fashioned perfume smell that just billows out as soon as you open the container and overwhelms you. Blech. I don't find that this does very much to control oil either. I have oily skin and I end up looking oily in about 2 hours with this. On the positive side, it is inexpensive. A big tub costs under $6 at Walmart.

on 10/14/2010 5:11:00 PM

I'm so in love with this powder! I used it some when I was a teenager, but I had forgotten the intoxicating scent, which I adore. I've used many, many loose powders over the years, both he and ds, and this is as good as anything out there. The texture is extremely silky and luxurious, and it goes on like a dream. The color I have is Naturelle, which is even paler than Naturally Neutral, and gives my skin a porcelain look. The container is the new plastic sifter jar, which doesn't quite have the vintage cachet of the old cardboard, but works much better. The only drawback to this powder is that, with my sensitive skin, I can't use it every day (the ingredients list contains some potentially irritating ingredients). So I reluctantly took off 1 lippie for that. Of course, you could get past that by buying the fragrance-free version, but as I said, I love the smell of this. I hope they're still making this when I run out, but that will probably be several years from now, because you get a very generous amount for less than $7. For a super affordable touch of vintage luxury, you must try this powder!

Some people say that Airspun has an old-lady fragrance, but to me, it's the smell of a young lady--me, buying it in my 20s because I didn't have a lot of money. When I moved into my 30s, I tried many other powders, including department store brands, but none of them was any better than Airspun, which is light yet still mattifies and keeps foundation fresh.

on 3/16/2009 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Thrilled to find this for a buck at a Liquidation World here in Canada, as it's not sold here. I got Translucent (matte) and Luminous Translucent (slight shimmer).
The scent is strong but it is such a timewarp - I think everyone has had a woman in their life who used this. I love it.
The box is a visual delight - the graphic believed to have been done by Lalique - the packaging is a little fussy but just make holes or a small tear in the film, and shake out into the lid for brushing.
I hate foundation and only use powder. I've tried BE, Clinique Almost Powder, and Purestay. These have worked OK, but I didn't get much improvement to my face...just a mediocre sort of eeeehh.
This powder is amazing. It blends so easily into the skin and I really felt that I was glowing. It is a little jolt of pleasure to use with the box, and the scent...lasting power is admirable.
It will make you (and your dresser!) look lovely.

on 2/19/2009 3:18:00 PM

I have been avoiding makeup with talc in it for years. I'm not really sure why, other than the fact that "they" say it's bad. So I turned to mineral makeup, and watched my skin dry out and itch and look worse than it EVER has. I figured I was just getting older and my skin type was changing and becoming drier...that's just how it goes when you get older, right? I had been wanting to try Coty Airspun after seeing all the rave reviews on MUA. When I went to purchase it, I noticed that talc is one of the main ingredients. I thought I'd try it anyway. After using it for a while now, I have to say that I think my skin missed the talc! Besides the finish being very light and smooth, the condition of my skin has greatly improved. People have noticed the change and are commenting frequently. My face looks absolutely flawless when I wear this, and my makeup stays fresh all day long with no touchups. It controls oil superbly. It's amazing that such an inexpensive and "old-school" product works so well. I think I'll stick with this product for a while.