Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.3

I got this after months of hearing the hype about it and I was so excited! I have dry skin so I don't use too much powder anyway, so I didn't need this powder to work wonders. When I opened it it does have quite a strong floral-y scent to it, but I liked the scent so it didn't bother me. I used it with a brush and I didn't really notice anything different to my usual Rimmel powder, but it did make my skin SUPER soft! It didn't dry it out or anything. I then began using it to set under my under eye concealer mix of the NYX under eye colour corrector and my Maybelline age rewind. I did it using my Real Techniques beauty blender (damp of course) to press the powder in as I tend to get very noticeable crease lines her and the powder fixed them all! Overall a great buy and not too expensive so I will definitely be buying again!

on 9/6/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a great recommendation for this as a dupe for a more expensive product and NOPE. The "translucent" was too pink. It irritated my skin, so even if I liked it I couldn't have kept using it, so if you have sensitive skin, stay away from this. I later learned they do make an unscented version, but too late. That ship has sailed. Why did I even give it two lippies? Because the price is great, the packaging is cool and vintagey, and it's not the sh*ttiest powder in the world, for someone whose skin can take it.

on 7/9/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hello oily skin ppl,
You need this in your life!
The oil-control of this powder is out of this world! I love to bake with it and it never accentuate my fine lines.
Normally my face becomes oily after 3-4 hours, but baking with this powder can last me 8 hours without touching up. My foundation is totally locked and does not transfer after baking. Even after 8 hours, i simply just dab my face with a tissue and my makeup is fresh again!
I know the scent is overpowering, but it reminds me of my grandma and i miss her...

on 6/17/2017 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I wasn't sure what to think of this at first, but I'd read and seen so many reviews of it, that I had to try it. Hard to get as I'm from Canada, so had to order it online through Walmart and pick it up in the States when I was there. You can't beat the price--$5 US! I ordered two colours--translucent and naturally neutral. When I saw the shades, I immediately returned the translucent; it had a very pinkish cast to it, and the naturally neutral looked more, well, natural. I'm very happy with my choice.

There's a lot of powder in this jar--I have to tap the end of my powder brush on the top of the jar to release just enough powder as it originally wouldn't come out of the holes. Now that it's down a bit, it might come out if I tipped it over, but I find it just as easy to continue doing what I've been doing. People were right about the smell--total baby powder. It grossed me out at first as it's quite strong, but now I don't even notice it (about a month and a half after use). I did notice that the smell stays on my powder brush even though I washed it, which is interesting.

I have very oily skin, and this does a pretty good job of keeping it at bay, especially in the cooler months. It goes on nicely, and I try to buff it in a bit so it doesn't look to pale on me (I went to Mexico and got some colour, so am a little darker than my normal colouring right now). About halfway through the day, I have to touch-up and use Rimmel's Stay Matter powder for that. My other go-to powder is Boots translucent loose powder, but it's around $14 US and I can only find it in the States too, so I might end up switching to the Air Spun just because of cost, although I do find the Boots one works a little better.

on 5/30/2017 6:06:00 PM

This powder is my holy grail! I am very pale with oily skin around my T-Zone and this keeps my make up in place all day! my only problem is the availability at my Walmart and the packaging. The packaging is just a lid that pushes on and off, it does not screw. it also comes with the little plastic thing that you released the powder through but I took that out completely so I could put my beauty blender in the powder and dab it on my face.

on 5/2/2017 5:44:00 PM

For oily skin I think this would be great. However, I have combo/dry skin and it's not friendly with my dry areas. (even when I try to avoid those areas) I also think the fragrance inside (smells like grandma, which isn't bad but...) breaks me out. Powder is pretty finely milled but feels heavy on my skin, probably due to the drying factor. (my skin being dry)

I have absolutely nothing positive to say about this powder. The packaging is horrendous, powder gets EVERYWHERE every single time I touch it. As soon as the powder gets on my face it oxidizes and turns me into a complete orange, offsetting my entire base. The smell is insanely overpowering and gives me a headache. Besides all of this, it also doesn't wear well. It breaks up all around my nose and chin no matter what foundation I put it over (the foundations wear fine with other powders). I truly don't understand how anyone enjoys this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This does cover good and make your pores look smaller but it smells horribly, breaks me out and gets everywhere.

The holy grail powder for me. I'm very fair skin toned so the color is perfect for me. Sets my makeup perfectly all day, keeps the oil under control. Plus dirt cheap and one container probably lasts me nine months. Been using this product fot over ten years and every time I'm forced to try something else I'm left disappointed. It's getting harder to find though which makes me worried.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The only thing that deserves 5 stars about this, is the packaging. I love vintage cosmetics, and Coty is good about keeping that very vintage packaging. Let me just warn my fellow acne prone, oily ladies because this stuff severely broke me out. I do have very sensitive skin, and I should have known by the awful perfume fragrance not to risk it, but I did. I honestly gave it a shot after my favorite YouTubers swear by this, but I still don't see why. It oxidized tremendously, smells awful, and makes a huge mess. Rimmel match perfection loose powder is 100% better than this, and sets to perfection making your skin look airbrushed.