Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.3

on 2/15/2018 8:24:00 PM

I think that i'm cursed... I am usually in the minority when it comes to products that people love, and this is no exception.

I remember I tried this once, and i remember the oil control being amazing... but now that I have used it a handful of times, im thinking that it must have been the foundation or maybe just a good skin day because i CANT get this to work!!!

I have tried applying with different brushes and techniques to no avil, FFS! Not to mention, it really does smell like walking into your grandmas house. I also think the fact that it has mineral oil in it makes a pimple or two pop up here and there which is disappointing. Also, it doesnt set my foundation well - I look ashy and calky, all while still being oily 30 mins later.

I wish I could return this, I really have no use for it now.

on 1/30/2018 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This retro-cheap powder has been around for decades. I have not used it since the 90's. It is very cheap but cut with talc and other fillers. Not great - but not the worst. thankfully, it did NOT make me break out back then. Not sure about now (My skin was combo/oily back then and now is dry.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

- Very nice powder.
- Adds an incredible softness to the skin.
- You'll achieve very flawless skin when using this.
- Does have a slight pink undertone, I'm afraid that it will turn up a bit ashy on darker skintones.
- The smell is very strong and perfumish, however it disappears when it is blended.
- Does have a slight flashback on photos!

** I bought the colour translucent **

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this powder. The price? A steal. The packaging is adorable and classic. The powder is a finely milled translucent shade that doesn't look cakey or leave a white residue. It also doesn't make my pores look bigger, which looking back, was an issue with the Maybelline loose powder I had used previously.

It is impossible to use "too much" of this powder, I put it all over my face and bake with it too, and somehow it doesn't cling to any areas or look ashen. Baking the undereyes with this is easy, I take the powder puff it comes with, fold it in half, dip it into a pile of the loose powder, then dab it along my undereyes and the highpoints of my cheekbones, under my cheek contour, and a bit on the Cupid's bow and center of my chin. It will mattify you GOOD, to the point where you may not need a single touch up in an 8 hour day, so if you are a dewy skin lover or a au natural type, this might be too much for every day wear.

For a long time I thought loose powder was loose powder, you've seen one you've seen em all, and boy was I WRONG... this blows other loose powders from the drugstore away (I haven't used Nyx HD in a while so I'm not sure how it compares to that one, but the others, yes), and gives the coveted Laura Mercier offering a run for its money. And indeed, that is a great powder as well, but for $40... hmm I'll stick with my Coty for the time being :)

I got this after months of hearing the hype about it and I was so excited! I have dry skin so I don't use too much powder anyway, so I didn't need this powder to work wonders. When I opened it it does have quite a strong floral-y scent to it, but I liked the scent so it didn't bother me. I used it with a brush and I didn't really notice anything different to my usual Rimmel powder, but it did make my skin SUPER soft! It didn't dry it out or anything. I then began using it to set under my under eye concealer mix of the NYX under eye colour corrector and my Maybelline age rewind. I did it using my Real Techniques beauty blender (damp of course) to press the powder in as I tend to get very noticeable crease lines her and the powder fixed them all! Overall a great buy and not too expensive so I will definitely be buying again!

on 9/6/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a great recommendation for this as a dupe for a more expensive product and NOPE. The "translucent" was too pink. It irritated my skin, so even if I liked it I couldn't have kept using it, so if you have sensitive skin, stay away from this. I later learned they do make an unscented version, but too late. That ship has sailed. Why did I even give it two lippies? Because the price is great, the packaging is cool and vintagey, and it's not the sh*ttiest powder in the world, for someone whose skin can take it.

on 7/9/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hello oily skin ppl,
You need this in your life!
The oil-control of this powder is out of this world! I love to bake with it and it never accentuate my fine lines.
Normally my face becomes oily after 3-4 hours, but baking with this powder can last me 8 hours without touching up. My foundation is totally locked and does not transfer after baking. Even after 8 hours, i simply just dab my face with a tissue and my makeup is fresh again!
I know the scent is overpowering, but it reminds me of my grandma and i miss her...

on 6/17/2017 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I wasn't sure what to think of this at first, but I'd read and seen so many reviews of it, that I had to try it. Hard to get as I'm from Canada, so had to order it online through Walmart and pick it up in the States when I was there. You can't beat the price--$5 US! I ordered two colours--translucent and naturally neutral. When I saw the shades, I immediately returned the translucent; it had a very pinkish cast to it, and the naturally neutral looked more, well, natural. I'm very happy with my choice.

There's a lot of powder in this jar--I have to tap the end of my powder brush on the top of the jar to release just enough powder as it originally wouldn't come out of the holes. Now that it's down a bit, it might come out if I tipped it over, but I find it just as easy to continue doing what I've been doing. People were right about the smell--total baby powder. It grossed me out at first as it's quite strong, but now I don't even notice it (about a month and a half after use). I did notice that the smell stays on my powder brush even though I washed it, which is interesting.

I have very oily skin, and this does a pretty good job of keeping it at bay, especially in the cooler months. It goes on nicely, and I try to buff it in a bit so it doesn't look to pale on me (I went to Mexico and got some colour, so am a little darker than my normal colouring right now). About halfway through the day, I have to touch-up and use Rimmel's Stay Matter powder for that. My other go-to powder is Boots translucent loose powder, but it's around $14 US and I can only find it in the States too, so I might end up switching to the Air Spun just because of cost, although I do find the Boots one works a little better.

on 5/30/2017 6:06:00 PM

This powder is my holy grail! I am very pale with oily skin around my T-Zone and this keeps my make up in place all day! my only problem is the availability at my Walmart and the packaging. The packaging is just a lid that pushes on and off, it does not screw. it also comes with the little plastic thing that you released the powder through but I took that out completely so I could put my beauty blender in the powder and dab it on my face.

on 5/2/2017 5:44:00 PM

For oily skin I think this would be great. However, I have combo/dry skin and it's not friendly with my dry areas. (even when I try to avoid those areas) I also think the fragrance inside (smells like grandma, which isn't bad but...) breaks me out. Powder is pretty finely milled but feels heavy on my skin, probably due to the drying factor. (my skin being dry)