Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 11/27/2018 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was on the dressing table of every woman in my life growing up - from my great grandmother to my mother, they all used it. It was ubiquitous. At the time I didn't want to use something "old ladyish", so I bucked that trend, but honestly? it's one of the best powders out there, and has blown every other high end powder I've used the last few years out of the water. It's translucent, light on the skin, sets makeup beautifully, and never feels chalky or awful on me. And it's like $7 for a tub. Hopefully they don't try to mess with the formula again.

I remember when I was a kid my mom was excited to find this because her grandmother used it and it reminded her of her. Now I bought and use this cuz it reminds me of my mom. I love the fragrance. It makes me feel like a 60s housewife in a good way. It also sets my makeup and makes me look poreless. Too much and I look like a powdery mime so I have to be careful.

The packaging isn't the greatest. There is a mound of powder up over the sifter from it being sent to me in the mail. The puff it comes with picks up too much product so I use a powder brush. I wish Coty was cruelty free as well :(

on 5/3/2018 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Not a fan of this at all. It's notorious for its overwhelming smell. I hate the smell so much that I hold my breath when I apply this. But besides that, I just didn't think this did much for me. It makes me look more powdery than other powders, and it does not give any lasting power to my foundations. I just have other powders that I like so much more than this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm going to be fair and give this a 3 based on how it performs, the cost and the super large size you get. It's a very nice powder and if it works for you, the size alone makes this an amazing find. Some people suggest trying the extra coverage translucent or one of the colored powders if the translucent isn't enough coverage for you. If you can handle the smell, that might be the way to go for fuller coverage. I find that a very light dusting gives me a beautiful finish and I don't need to blot at all. The included pouf is actually a very helpful tool for application. I did not notice any oxidation or flashback while using this.

But the scent is a real dealbreaker for me. It doesn't smell unpleasant in the sense I can't use it, but the scent fills my house up when I open it. Hubby actually came upstairs to ask what spray I had used. It dissipates within 10 minutes but then comes back everytime I get warm, or the sun hits my face. Even that wouldn't bug me, but as the scent returns my face starts to itch. I find the scent of Lancome Dual Finish powder very similar and I ended up passing on it for the same reason.

I find it super disappointing that the fragrance free version is nowhere to be found, especially as Coty owns a ridiculous amount of companies. Even if I didn't get itchy from the scent, I'd always prefer a fragrance free option when it comes to facial products. I'm hoping it's just another product they are repackaging across their brands.

on 2/15/2018 8:24:00 PM

I think that i'm cursed... I am usually in the minority when it comes to products that people love, and this is no exception.

I remember I tried this once, and i remember the oil control being amazing... but now that I have used it a handful of times, im thinking that it must have been the foundation or maybe just a good skin day because i CANT get this to work!!!

I have tried applying with different brushes and techniques to no avil, FFS! Not to mention, it really does smell like walking into your grandmas house. I also think the fact that it has mineral oil in it makes a pimple or two pop up here and there which is disappointing. Also, it doesnt set my foundation well - I look ashy and calky, all while still being oily 30 mins later.

I wish I could return this, I really have no use for it now.

on 1/30/2018 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This retro-cheap powder has been around for decades. I have not used it since the 90's. It is very cheap but cut with talc and other fillers. Not great - but not the worst. thankfully, it did NOT make me break out back then. Not sure about now (My skin was combo/oily back then and now is dry.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

- Very nice powder.
- Adds an incredible softness to the skin.
- You'll achieve very flawless skin when using this.
- Does have a slight pink undertone, I'm afraid that it will turn up a bit ashy on darker skintones.
- The smell is very strong and perfumish, however it disappears when it is blended.
- Does have a slight flashback on photos!

** I bought the colour translucent **

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this powder. The price? A steal. The packaging is adorable and classic. The powder is a finely milled translucent shade that doesn't look cakey or leave a white residue. It also doesn't make my pores look bigger, which looking back, was an issue with the Maybelline loose powder I had used previously.

It is impossible to use "too much" of this powder, I put it all over my face and bake with it too, and somehow it doesn't cling to any areas or look ashen. Baking the undereyes with this is easy, I take the powder puff it comes with, fold it in half, dip it into a pile of the loose powder, then dab it along my undereyes and the highpoints of my cheekbones, under my cheek contour, and a bit on the Cupid's bow and center of my chin. It will mattify you GOOD, to the point where you may not need a single touch up in an 8 hour day, so if you are a dewy skin lover or a au natural type, this might be too much for every day wear.

For a long time I thought loose powder was loose powder, you've seen one you've seen em all, and boy was I WRONG... this blows other loose powders from the drugstore away (I haven't used Nyx HD in a while so I'm not sure how it compares to that one, but the others, yes), and gives the coveted Laura Mercier offering a run for its money. And indeed, that is a great powder as well, but for $40... hmm I'll stick with my Coty for the time being :)

I got this after months of hearing the hype about it and I was so excited! I have dry skin so I don't use too much powder anyway, so I didn't need this powder to work wonders. When I opened it it does have quite a strong floral-y scent to it, but I liked the scent so it didn't bother me. I used it with a brush and I didn't really notice anything different to my usual Rimmel powder, but it did make my skin SUPER soft! It didn't dry it out or anything. I then began using it to set under my under eye concealer mix of the NYX under eye colour corrector and my Maybelline age rewind. I did it using my Real Techniques beauty blender (damp of course) to press the powder in as I tend to get very noticeable crease lines her and the powder fixed them all! Overall a great buy and not too expensive so I will definitely be buying again!

on 9/6/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a great recommendation for this as a dupe for a more expensive product and NOPE. The "translucent" was too pink. It irritated my skin, so even if I liked it I couldn't have kept using it, so if you have sensitive skin, stay away from this. I later learned they do make an unscented version, but too late. That ship has sailed. Why did I even give it two lippies? Because the price is great, the packaging is cool and vintagey, and it's not the sh*ttiest powder in the world, for someone whose skin can take it.