Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Price: $

Price: $

this was one of the first powders I ever bought and I love the amount you get for such a low price. but this did not work for me, it made me look cakey, no matter how little I used, also I didn't like the scent of this also it is really messy and will get all over my counter

Very good.....AND HARD 2 FIND!! I bought 2 at my local kmart. I took the sifter off so I could just load up the powder puff it came with & it really is about the best thing I've found for oily skin. It does use up the container faster that a way so next container I am leaving the sifter on for economy purposes!! The one I am using now is translucent extra coverage but my other container is neutrally neutral I think it's called; I wanted to see the difference between the 2.

Edit 8/5/2015: I have been leaving the sifters on my powders since my review back when I first reviewed this and I find I can get enough powder out. I use this for "baking" where u leave the powder on for 15-20 mins then if there is excess I whisk it away w a fluffy brush (I use a Morphe one). Baking works supposedly better w colored powder rather than translucent so I purchased honey beige today to bake with & will update after baking w that for awhile. I was hoping that it won't be too dark but I need it to be imparting color on the skin. Baking is an old drag secret. I love Coty Airspun loose powder, best setting powder ever & I will always have it on hand and use it. It's cheap but hard to find still n if my kmart closes then I will be screwed n have to order it online. I've been using air spun forever... Ladies & gents she's baaaaking! Stay tuned....wakey wakey, eggs n baccy!!

Update 8/8/15: works wonderfully for baking! And isn't too dark. When I find this again I'm going to pick up a back up!! I would love to try Rosey Beige too. Coty Honey Beige Airspun is ideal for baking. A powder sent from the Gods to be able to bake with!! If u bake u need this powder in ur life.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm 16 and I always have a horrible time with finding the right powder that doesn't come off easily or breaks my skin out. But this is the only brand I can use that doesn't mess with my skin, only makes it look and feel smoother and doesn't make my acne worse. The other good thing about this powder is, I have ALWAYS had a hard time finding the right color powder because I am so pale, but so far this powder is the only powder that matches my skin perfectly and doesn't make me look orange like the others. It lasts almost all day too. I put it on around 5 in the morning before school and around 1 in the afternoon I have to do a little touch up around my nose. But other than a bit of touch ups, it lasts all day.
It's light weight, feels great, and it has a baby powder smell (very strong smell but still smells good). I have been using this powder for about 2-3 years now and I love it. I wouldn't ever use any other powder. I recommend this to my friends all the time and they love it too. Also, use your own powder brush, the one they put in it does not work well.

on 3/24/2014 12:36:00 AM

The fragrance is horrible--like an old lady in the worst way (and I'm 62!). I can't stand to be associated with a cloying, creepy scent like that. The whole bathroom smells of it though I was careful to use only a touch on my face. And the awful scent lingers in my nose. A nightmare. I threw it out immediately for two reasons: 1) the old "lady scent" is intolerable, and 2), it's made in China, a country whose manufacturing standards I don't trust--especially not on my face!

on 3/1/2013 2:51:00 PM

This powder isn't appropriate for oily skin OR those who don't want mineral oil on their face. I thought I was going nuts when I'd use it to mattify my shiny areas, then feel greasy again quite soon. It's because it contains mineral oil and lanolin!

Too bad, I loved the packaging.

I love this powder, good scent, good oil control, i have translucent extra coverage, so far so good, and no break me out... just love.... and love..
cheap and last long....

on 3/5/2012 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love this powder for setting my concealer under my eyes. I use the translucent formula. I am NW45. The scent doesn't bother me at all. I've had mine for a while in the old packaging. I will probably have this for another year. There is so much.

i got this in "translucent" and used it over a tinted moisturizer, it looks ok nothing to write home about, so not sure if i will use it again over a regular foundation

on 11/22/2010 5:21:00 PM

I'm in love. I use the translucent version of this to set my concealer, and it is amazing. I find that the translucent version actually has a white cast to it, which is great for me because I am super pale. This powder lasts all day and sinks right into my skin. It looks really natural and not like I have on powder. I love that it was only six dollars for a GIANT container. Oh my goodness, they give you so much product. The only downside is that this powder isn't great for traveling, even with the sifter, and the smell. Oh gosh, the smell. It's terrible.

on 4/20/2010 8:45:00 AM

Well, this is about as retro as can be, and yes, it does have a strong 'vintage' scent - but it disappears, calm down! I use 'Translucent' rubbing lightly with a big fluffy brush after applying foundation and I look matte and flawless for hours. There seems to be some debate over the packaging, which is awkward. You have to buy a big fluffy brush (or a powder puff, but a brush is easier and cleaner). The powder is under cellophane. What I do is prick the cellophane all over with a pin, put the cover on, and shake. Take the cover off, and there is a light layering of powder on top of the cellophane. Just dip your brush in and apply. I just use a light dusting, but if you like more, make some more pinpricks...I hope that doesn't sound complicated, it really takes about a minute to do initially. ... The powder is very fine milled and absorbs oil, and so far I haven't developed any wrinkles for the powder to settle in. I love it and leave the house after a full makeup job feeling I look my best. (The container obviously doesn't travel well, if you need to powder your nose during the day you will need to decant into a compact with a half sifter. I can hear the younger readers saying "huuuuh???", lol!. Easier to just buy a compact of some neutral or translucent pressed powder you can put in your purse.